• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

True Freshmen QBs who could start week 1 in 2020

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of UW starting Garbers next season is 100 - 1 but Bleacher Report needs something to write about.
I have a bad feeling Eason is staying.

I do think he could be a LOT better under a different scheme, but he will still throw picks he shouldn't.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to laugh, de Laura could start because he brings a dual threat component? Does the dude even know who coaches Wazzu? He fucking sat the best dual threat QB in the conference on the bench the whole year.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young. A lot of people think he will be even better than Tua. His Matre Dei Coach said he is the best QB he has ever had and they have had multiple Heisman winners.

Tua May come back but if he doesn’t we are gonna be set.

Better than Tua? I'd be very surprised. I remember several of your compadres saying that about Taulia too. Young does look good and has earned his #2 QB spot, but he's still 5'11", 175 pounds, not extremely fast like Kyler, and has a concerning throwing motion (very Tebowesque). He's also at Mater Dei, playing with like 30 FBS players against overmatched competition. For every Matt Leinart, this kind of school produce 30 Tate Martells. I seem to remember Tate never losing a high school game, having a senior year where he threw for like 2500 yards, 40 TDs, 0 picks and ran for like 1,500 yards and 20 touchdowns against better competition (as a whole) and some proclaiming that he'd be the greatest QB colleges had ever seen.

I will say though. Bryce Young had some great stats this year and led his team to a great season. He also got some really good experience this year having a national title ripped from his hands by his stronger, smarter, better-looking big brother. That experience will come in handy over the next four years.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FSU starts a true freshman unless we land a grad transfer over the offseason like Mac Jones or Costello.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling Eason is staying.

I do think he could be a LOT better under a different scheme, but he will still throw picks he shouldn't.

source.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Tua? I'd be very surprised. I remember several of your compadres saying that about Taulia too. Young does look good and has earned his #2 QB spot, but he's still 5'11", 175 pounds, not extremely fast like Kyler, and has a concerning throwing motion (very Tebowesque). He's also at Mater Dei, playing with like 30 FBS players against overmatched competition. For every Matt Leinart, this kind of school produce 30 Tate Martells. I seem to remember Tate never losing a high school game, having a senior year where he threw for like 2500 yards, 40 TDs, 0 picks and ran for like 1,500 yards and 20 touchdowns against better competition (as a whole) and some proclaiming that he'd be the greatest QB colleges had ever seen.

I will say though. Bryce Young had some great stats this year and led his team to a great season. He also got some really good experience this year having a national title ripped from his hands by his stronger, smarter, better-looking big brother. That experience will come in handy over the next four years.

Good points. Seems like JT Daniels is closer to Tate Martell ( who didn't go to Mater Dei btw) than Matt Lienart. I actually watched Bryce Young play a lot his first two years because he was at my old HS ( LA Cathedral) and transferred to Mater Dei once JT went to USC. He's closer to Kyler Murray but doesn't have that arm strength and tends to run at the drop of a hat. Also Kyler is thicker built. With the talent Alabama gets he will do fine but I don't know if he's in the same league as Tua .