• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TROLLS or Valid Contributors??

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question to pose to the Mountaineer faithful - OK, 2 questions......

1: Why does there always seem to be so many fans of other teams posting comments on WVU threads?
Are they just Trolls - or do they have a valid interest in the subject matter?

2: Have you ever gone to another teams forum and read the Threads? Posted?
Were you just Trolling - or was the thread about WVU in some way?

For me, the only time I ever went to another teams message board was way back on CBS when the whole Jerry Sandusky issue was hot. We had that idot guy (Dimsdale? something like that) posting all of these despicable comments on just about every thread. Someone told me to go look at the stuff he was saying on the Penn St threads.... I did. It made the stuff he was posting on other threads seem tame.
Other than that - I do not recall ever going on another teams forum..... or posting to a thread.

Just curious as to why so many Non-WVU posters feel the need to post on WVU threads... :noidea:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At CBS, I often went to opponents message boards. I would chastise them and talk smack. When the OU posters come over here, I welcome them. CBS had some trolls, remember Sleepy? and that guy from Spitt who came to our board because nobody wants to talk sPitt football...they were what I call trolls.

Lamberts mafia on CBS often trolled the boards to challenge anyone who talked bad about the EErs.

If you like to sports post, WVU is a good team to watch...We have lots of posters and action on the WVU boards. So why do they post on WVU boards...they are jealous of our great informed and passionate fanbase. You don't get that with 90% of the posters.

If you start a post on the Alabama page, you could be in for some fun also.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At CBS, I often went to opponents message boards. I would chastise them and talk smack. When the OU posters come over here, I welcome them. CBS had some trolls, remember Sleepy? and that guy from Spitt who came to our board because nobody wants to talk sPitt football...they were what I call trolls.

Lamberts mafia on CBS often trolled the boards to challenge anyone who talked bad about the EErs.

If you like to sports post, WVU is a good team to watch...We have lots of posters and action on the WVU boards. So why do they post on WVU boards...they are jealous of our great informed and passionate fanbase. You don't get that with 90% of the posters.

If you start a post on the Alabama page, you could be in for some fun also.

Down deep I think just about all posters like to talk sports...if their boards aren't live they will migrate elsewhere just to converse...you may not like what they bring...but it is an opinion none the less..

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, this board and the Nebraska board are far and away the most active team boards so I visit just to see what everyone is talking about, plus I like both teams so there's an interest.

I don't post a lot and when I do I think I'm honest. I don't think anyone thinks I'm trolling.
However, there seems to be a pretty big split in the fan base as to DH. Is he a good coach or isn't he sort of thing, so I suppose there are some people who come in here and feed off of that. Same thing on the Nebraska boards.

Personally, I think you guys keep to yourselves too much and should post more on the main board because I see some really good subject matter and opinions on this board that are really needed over there, same with Nebraska.

There's a lot of Oklahoma fans on the Hoop but for some reason not much action on the team board, at least in the off season.

I just enjoy lurking over here and see you guys talk about stuff for the most part.

:yahoo::suds::yahoo:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on who it is. The OU fans (see above) have never been an issue. All those guys have been awesome. I'd go as far as to say that if the poster is from a conference affiliated school they're most likely cool.

We still get our trolls from the usual places. (Pitt, VT, SEC, ACC)

I check in a few other places, but mostly just read. I check in on OU and the main boards mostly. When I do post it's to generate genuine discussion. I enjoy hearing the opinions on the OU board in particular. It's nice discussing football with the fans of an opponent when they don't resort to stereotypical monickers constantly. I've seen more class out of the OU fans than the entire Big East had combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys get Virginia Tech trolls please let me know. I am all for good natured trash talk and back and forth BS (especially now that we are back on each other's schedule) but trolls are an annoyance for sure.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Gary Davis hasn't found this forum.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I miss SLEEPY and the KING...they were funny......and even some of the others that used to get people riled up!...it was entertaining......

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, this board and the Nebraska board are far and away the most active team boards so I visit just to see what everyone is talking about, plus I like both teams so there's an interest.

I don't post a lot and when I do I think I'm honest. I don't think anyone thinks I'm trolling.
However, there seems to be a pretty big split in the fan base as to DH. Is he a good coach or isn't he sort of thing, so I suppose there are some people who come in here and feed off of that. Same thing on the Nebraska boards.

Personally, I think you guys keep to yourselves too much and should post more on the main board because I see some really good subject matter and opinions on this board that are really needed over there, same with Nebraska.

There's a lot of Oklahoma fans on the Hoop but for some reason not much action on the team board, at least in the off season.

I just enjoy lurking over here and see you guys talk about stuff for the most part.

^^^This^^^

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I miss SLEEPY and the KING...they were funny......and even some of the others that used to get people riled up!...it was entertaining......

As do I, though King would have been nearly unbearable through this A&M run. Has anyone seen those sheep humpers anywhere else?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone, anytime as far as I'm concerned but be warned, you mess with the bull, you will get the horns.