• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trivia

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't completely applicable, but I would just like to share some of my greatest disappointments/tragedies in my life, and they all revolve around my 10th birthday in New York.

It was Fourth of July weekend in Manhattan (or maybe it was during the week, but I think it was the weekend), and the Phillies had just been swept out by the Mets. The bartender, our waiter, sees me decked out in my Phillies gear, and starts railing into me (mind you, I was 10, and had yet to learn the word "cocksucker" such that I could defend myself). Then after surveying the regular menu and finding nothing particularly appealing, I ask for a kid's menu, and he tells me "you're looking at it." Then he goes on to brag about how many women David Wright has picked up at his bar, right in front of my parents and 7 year old brother.

But the real kicker was our drinks. I specifically asked if they had Dr. Pepper, and he gruffly replied "Yeah," and then proceeds to bring out 20 oz. of dark bubbly liquid that I assume to be glorious Dr. Pepper. I take a big draw from my straw, and quickly taste Mr. Pibb. I thought that I must be mistaken, but subsequent sips still tasted like Mr. Pibb. Distraught, I figured my taste buds must be off or there was something wrong with the balance in the soda machine, but regardless, I was convinced I was brought out a Dr. Pepper and not lied to by this bartender. And then, as we leave the restaurant, I glance over at the soda machine and see a Mr. Pibb nozzle with no Dr. Pepper nozzle.

In case you were wondering why I am the way I am, you now know why
I feel your pain; the other day I ordered a Mellow Yellow and got some crazy shit called "Mountain Dew" or something --but that's not what made me the way I am. It was the Clark bar incident that impacted my life most profoundly

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when I was around 9 I asked for Goldenberg's Peanut Chews at a public swimming pool snack bar and the kid behind the counter (who was much older) gave me Rosenberg's Peanut Bites and refused to refund my money when I complained. That took years of therapy to recover from

Sorry, I forgot this was a baseball trivia thread. Mark Whiten also hit 4 homeruns that day

Last edited:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when I was around 9 I asked for Goldenberg's Peanut Chews at a public swimming pool snack bar and the kid behind the counter (who was much older) gave me Rosenberg's Peanut Bites and refused to refund my money when I complained. That took years of therapy to recover from

Sorry, I forgot this was a baseball trivia thread. Mark Whiten also hit 4 homeruns that day
I was very pissed off after reading this, so I decided to take some action. Unfortunately, due to the statute of limitations or some bullshit, it's too late to sue the guy, which was my first instinct.

Luckily, due to my past as a top notch detective (I was even an advisor on the show True Detective), I was able to deduce this guy's real identity, even based on limited clues. I "visited" his place of residence this morning and roughed him up pretty good. He's currently holed up in Virtua Berlin if you want to pay him a visit.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids.....

Villain

#VillainYourFriend