• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trickett named starting QB

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DivII school.....Would you blame him for looking? He has no shot at starting here.

I wouldn't blame him for looking. But, the kid was not brought to WVU to be a starting QB. He was a FCS caliber QB… Coach Dawson had recruited him to Stephen F. Austin.

Dana brought him to WVU as a walk-on.

He as exceeded his potential by playing for WVU. He has a chance to finish his career as a Div 1 QB… so, I don't think he will go anywhere.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheDPost.com - WVU football team rallying behind Trickett?s lead

Trick is the safe bet right now and early on in the season. We are looking at Bama, OU, an improved Maryland team and a "cupcake" that played for the championship at that level last year. The offense struggled under him last year (as well as anyone else that bothered to step behind the center....who often times couldn't get the snap to the QB clean) but in several of the games last year the offense was NOT the problem, the swiss cheese defense was.

Put even an average defense on the field last year and imo we are all much more excited that Trick is coming back with his experience this year with 2-3 more wins in his pocket and the team having been to a bowl.
Kansas,TT,Texas and ISU are all wins last year IMO had we had a decent defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trick is the safe bet right now and early on in the season. We are looking at Bama, OU, an improved Maryland team and a "cupcake" that played for the championship at that level last year. The offense struggled under him last year (as well as anyone else that bothered to step behind the center....who often times couldn't get the snap to the QB clean) but in several of the games last year the offense was NOT the problem, the swiss cheese defense was.

Put even an average defense on the field last year and imo we are all much more excited that Trick is coming back with his experience this year with 2-3 more wins in his pocket and the team having been to a bowl.

:agree:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't agree more.

DAD loves to throw the 9-4 teams from Billy Stewart in our faces repeatedly. Last year's offense averaged more yards/gm and more points/gm than any of those teams.

The leader... Pat White... averaged 360 yds/gm and 25 pts/gm.

Last year... a leaderless offense averaged 411 yds/gm and 26 pts/gm.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins titles...I do think they will be much improved on that side of the ball.

I will get behind Trickett 100%, just don't like this move....when we win some games I will be the first in line for crow!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Coach Seider's and Dawson's comments from the TDP article….

“It helped this whole building,” running backs coach JaJuan Seider said, “from the coaching staff to the offense, and not just the offense, but (also) the defense. Now they know we’ve got a guy, and he’s the leader.”

That was the thinking behind the Mountaineers’ press release this week. The WVU football team doesn’t open its season until Aug. 30, against Alabama, but offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson said the time was right to unveil their quarterback decision.

“When you know that you’re the guy and there’s no questions about it and you’ve got the coaching staff behind you, it changes your demeanor, it changes your attitude,” Dawson said.

There were these comments from Kevin White…

"I believe everybody is more at ease because we didn't want to go into the season with not knowing who our QB would be and all that stuff from last year."

It's all good…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting look back at the announcement of Clint Trickett as the starter.

Clint has been outstanding through the first 3 games of the season.

He has quieted all of his naysayers. He has quieted all of the Dana haters who said Dana had lost his touch with QB's.

This offense is poised to enjoy Playstation numbers this year.

Enjoy the ride…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting look back at the announcement of Clint Trickett as the starter.

Clint has been outstanding through the first 3 games of the season.

He has quieted all of his naysayers. He has quieted all of the Dana haters who said Dana had lost his touch with QB's.

This offense is poised to enjoy Playstation numbers this year.

Enjoy the ride…

He has been pretty impressive so far, hope he can keep it up!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One move that DH has made that is making look like a decent coach....:whistle:

I didn't think they needed to do this when they did, but damn was I completely wrong, Trickett looks like a different player....guess guys can develop under this coach.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One move that DH has made that is making look like a decent coach....:whistle:

I didn't think they needed to do this when they did, but damn was I completely wrong, Trickett looks like a different player....guess guys can develop under this coach.

They can get healthy, he looked pretty good in the OSU game last year, and was less than great when hurt. Trickett also worked on his strength, and his eating disorder over the offseason. I give props to him for putting in the time to get healthy, as well as learning the play book. I don't think Holgorsen coached him to heal up.