• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travis Frederick signed through 2023

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES -- The Dallas Cowboys and Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick have agreed to a contract extension through 2023, a source confirmed.

A league source told ESPN that the deal, which kicks in beginning in 2018, is for six years and $54 million, with $28.2 million guaranteed.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look to be on the cheap side. Good for us all.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good....good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see details on deal, but good to lock him up and keep him. Very Glad they signed him now and didn't wait

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about what I expected for Frederick. In the offseason thread I predicted Frederick would get 5/45 w/ 23m guaranteed. I was a little short on years and long on guaranteed money, but got the 9mil AAV right.

This is a good deal and ensures Frederick will be a Cowboy for the duration of his prime years.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good investment....one of those kinda guys all teams need

Definitely. Tyron Smith and Zack Martin might be slightly better players, but I think Frederick is the most important piece on the line.

Thinking about it just now, this team really has an embarrassment of riches on the Oline. On the downside, in another 2 years or so we are going to have a starting Oline making somewhere around 50 million dollars AAV. Probably will have to choose between re-signing Martin or Collins.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Tyron Smith and Zack Martin might be slightly better players, but I think Frederick is the most important piece on the line.

Thinking about it just now, this team really has an embarrassment of riches on the Oline. On the downside, in another 2 years or so we are going to have a starting Oline making somewhere around 50 million dollars AAV. Probably will have to choose between re-signing Martin or Collins.
With the rise of the cap 50M may not be to high, not saying 50M will be a bargain, but it won't be a skyscraper in the suburbs either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of this line staying together long term is very exciting. They are only gonna get better

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With any luck we'll be hearing Elliott, Dak, and Dez aren't very good, anybody will be good behind that line.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With any luck we'll be hearing Elliott, Dak, and Dez aren't very good, anybody will be good behind that line.
a embarrassment of riches i want
hell that's what they say about Aikman and Emmitt we know that's a load of horse apples
and tell me just who from that line in the 90's is in the Hall
Larry Allen says hello all by himself

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I do think you are right, but that is a good problem to have. I am a believer in the weakest link theory on the OL, but at the same time I don't think you get the same bang for your buck by paying market value to your 4th All Pro starting OL as you do for your first or second. Imagine if Romo is still around then? Our cap will be like 75% invested in the Offense...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I do think you are right, but that is a good problem to have. I am a believer in the weakest link theory on the OL, but at the same time I don't think you get the same bang for your buck by paying market value to your 4th All Pro starting OL as you do for your first or second. Imagine if Romo is still around then? Our cap will be like 75% invested in the Offense...

Definitely a good problem to have. It's such a good problem that Ron Leary is an afterthought. :nod:

If Martin keeps up his level of play he is going to be looking at a MONSTER pay day In 3 years, when he hits the FA market - if Dallas lets him get that far. Either way, Martin is going to be looking at a contract somewhere around 5yr/65-75mil with 35-40 mil guaranteed. Look at what Kelechi Osemele got this past off-season and then consider 3 years of NFL inflation and the fact that Martin is a better player. A lot can happen in 3 years, but if Martin keeps up his ALL-PRO caliber pace he is going to get crazy money.

Collins' value going forward is a bit less clear. This year will be huge for him and I like to think Collins is going to be extremely motivated to set himself up for his big pay day in 2 years. The guy has talent and he is one of the players I plan to watch closely this year.

Dallas may end up letting Martin walk and sign Collins, as he will likely be a far cheaper signing.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a good problem to have. It's such a good problem that Ron Leary is an afterthought. :nod:

If Martin keeps up his level of play he is going to be looking at a MONSTER pay day In 3 years, when he hits the FA market - if Dallas lets him get that far. Either way, Martin is going to be looking at a contract somewhere around 5yr/65-75mil with 35-40 mil guaranteed. Look at what Kelechi Osemele got this past off-season and then consider 3 years of NFL inflation and the fact that Martin is a better player. A lot can happen in 3 years, but if Martin keeps up his ALL-PRO caliber pace he is going to get crazy money.

Collins' value going forward is a bit less clear. This year will be huge for him and I like to think Collins is going to be extremely motivated to set himself up for his big pay day in 2 years. The guy has talent and he is one of the players I plan to watch closely this year.

Dallas may end up letting Martin walk and sign Collins, as he will likely be a far cheaper signing.
I think Collins is going to ask for the combo to the vault considering how much he lost not going in the 1st round. Maybe he cut Jerry a break, but it's going to be tough trying to sign both of them. Have to cross that bridge when they get to it.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collins is going to ask for the combo to the vault considering how much he lost not going in the 1st round. Maybe he cut Jerry a break, but it's going to be tough trying to sign both of them. Have to cross that bridge when they get to it.

We will have to wait and see with Collins. His first year in the league was nothing more than average. He will need to play lights out the next two seasons if he wants to come anywhere close to the money that Martin is going to get.

Meanwhile, Martin's first two seasons he has been a 1st and 2nd team All-Pro. If Martin keeps that up he is going to get Left Tackle type money.

I think when the time comes, Collins will be significantly cheaper than Martin. Plus Collins will be be a RFA, so Dallas will be in driver's seat when it comes to signing him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to wait and see with Collins. His first year in the league was nothing more than average. He will need to play lights out the next two seasons if he wants to come anywhere close to the money that Martin is going to get.

Meanwhile, Martin's first two seasons he has been a 1st and 2nd team All-Pro. If Martin keeps that up he is going to get Left Tackle type money.

I think when the time comes, Collins will be significantly cheaper than Martin. Plus Collins will be be a RFA, so Dallas will be in driver's seat when it comes to signing him.
I think Collins was better than average last year. He had dominant stretches in the running game and never really played poorly to offset those great stretches to say he was average IMO. No he wasn't All Pro material, but he was good.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collins was better than average last year. He had dominant stretches in the running game and never really played poorly to offset those great stretches to say he was average IMO. No he wasn't All Pro material, but he was good.

JMHO, Collins had some impressive moments last year, and it is clear the potential to be very good is there, but he was not very consistent last year.

I think Collins is going to be great. In the context of the discussion, Collins has a LONG way to go before he is in the same conversation as Zack Martin.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was inconsistent and I don't think he will ever be Zach Martin or demand that kind of contract, but damn...imagine if he is? What a friggin OL we would have.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is going to be good. And for at least the next two years we Cowboys fans are going to have a whole lot of fun watching these 4 guys Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Collins just demoralize teams. They are all 25 or younger!! Free is a solid/above average RT and he never even gets mentioned.

I'm excited as hell to see what Elliott can do behind this line. These guys, Elliott and the Oline, they want to kick your ass!! And they have the talent to back it up. I can't wait for the season to start. Things might not be pretty on the defensive side of the ball, but this offense is going to be downright nasty. With a full stable of capable backs to keep fresh legs in the game, and a healthy Dez Bryant and Tony Romo playing behind one of the best offensive lines in football in quite some time, this offense is going to be tough to stop.

Man, I am way too excited for this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we run the ball like we should we will shorten the number of plays the defense needs to be on the field for and if ahead late in the game hopefully be able to run the clock out instead of give the other team the ball back with a chance to march right down the field like we have seen all too often recently.