• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travis Frederick signed through 2023

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we run the ball like we should we will shorten the number of plays the defense needs to be on the field for and if ahead late in the game hopefully be able to run the clock out instead of give the other team the ball back with a chance to march right down the field like we have seen all too often recently.

I think this team has every intention of running the ball - a lot. We are likely to carry 4 RBs on the roster and 3 of them are arguably starter quality. It seems to me that they intend to keep leaning on teams with a huge talented OLine and fresh legs in the backfield all game. Teams are going to have to sell out to stop our rushing attack. When they do, the WR opposite of Dez is going to get a lot of opportunities 1 on 1 no safety help. Terrence Williams has to step up and produce this year, he couldn't ask for a better situation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it will be the game plan, but we have to commit like in 2014. My point is more: are we going to run it on 3rd and 2 or 3 yards. Are we going to run it on 2nd and 10. Are we going to run in the red zone over and over again. Are we going to run with 8 in the box or audible out of it like Romo does way too often most years. Those are the times a team shows dedication to the run and with our OL and defense we should be doing that even if Elliott isn't who we hope he is. If he is, then we should be just telling teams we are running it right in that hole. Try and stop us.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I do think you are right, but that is a good problem to have. I am a believer in the weakest link theory on the OL, but at the same time I don't think you get the same bang for your buck by paying market value to your 4th All Pro starting OL as you do for your first or second. Imagine if Romo is still around then? Our cap will be like 75% invested in the Offense...
I kind of disagree. I can't remember the last pro bowler who was in his prime that Dallas let walk. If it's me, I wouldn't worry as much about how much is spent on very good/great players, that's never what hurts your cap, it's the overspending in FA that kills you. If the team continues to build through the draft and improve their cap situation, I think they will keep the OL intact.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math just won't work to pay 4 OL at or near the top of the scale, plus a QB, Elliott and hopefully by then a pass rusher (Lawrence) or two, Dez and maybe some other high priced offensive and defensive players. You can't pay everyone and your own Free Agents are as expensive as other teams free agents. Is it possible we could do it? Of course, especially if Romo is off the books by then but in a cap world you need to make decisions in totality, not player by player.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math just won't work to pay 4 OL at or near the top of the scale, plus a QB, Elliott and hopefully by then a pass rusher (Lawrence) or two, Dez and maybe some other high priced offensive and defensive players. You can't pay everyone and your own Free Agents are as expensive as other teams free agents. Is it possible we could do it? Of course, especially if Romo is off the books by then but in a cap world you need to make decisions in totality, not player by player.
Some things will have to fall into place, namely, Dak being a solid NFL starter by 2018. I think the Cowboys could structure and restructure the stars on the OL in a way that they had lower cap number for a couple of years while they cut Romo in a fashion that would allow them to absorb the huge cap hit over a couple of years period.