• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice rundown from Cameron Wolfe on yesterday's practice. Especially encouraging about my favorite draft pick Simmons:

Chris Harris’ INT, injuries and 8 other observations from Day 2 of Broncos training camp

This was a great read thank you for this.

Notes from today...

1) Adam Gotsis and Von Miller took their first team reps today. Gotsis was getting really good push today from what I understand so for a first day still recovering from knee surgery he looked pretty good.

2) Paxton Lynch made some beautiful deep throws today. He was given the first chance today to drive the team down the field and connected on a 39 yard touchdown. The talent is there now it really is about building up his confidence in where to go with the football and just building consistency from day to day.

3) McManus did not have a great day pulling a few field goals. Not much to worry about as he was one of our most consistent weapons last year but hopefully he isn't getting complacent with no competition.

4) Dixon had an up and down day in the punting competition.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing good things about the development of the OL. I think today is the first day of full pads so it will be a big day for that unit but right now they have looked quick on their feet and have really started looking good flowing together. Honestly this is the unit I am most interested in for this off season so can't wait to read the reports from today.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing good things about the development of the OL. I think today is the first day of full pads so it will be a big day for that unit but right now they have looked quick on their feet and have really started looking good flowing together. Honestly this is the unit I am most interested in for this off season so can't wait to read the reports from today.

The success of the entire season depends on the Oline having a good year - that happens - and the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The success of the entire season depends on the Oline having a good year - that happens - and the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.

Yep. The O Line is the key as well as DT returning to form for starters.
Denver was only 20 yards and 2 points per game off a top 10 offense.

Denver would be a top 10 offense and top 5 defense yeah I'd take that combo anytime .

Last year remember Denver lost Clady in mini camp and then traded their starting LT from 2013 to Houston 2nd day of camp.

It's got to be a good OLine this year just not an improvement which isn't saying much.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to live TC. 1043thefan. Many vets got the day off.

Lynch and Raymond tearing it up in 7 on 7. Two long TDs bombs but then again QB has too much time to find the WRs in these drills but am excited to see Kahlif real time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman with a back issue.Zaire Anderson laid the wood to Hillman. Not allowed to tackle today and Anderson took Hillman down. Coaches will be mad especially if Hillman is hurt.

Lynch picked off by Lowery who has been burned twice in the last two days by Lynch and Raymond.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Taylor to IR already.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright some notes from today...

QB's
Sanchez and Siemian had up and down days. During team drills there was a point that Sanchez went 0-4 and another point where he threw a pick-6. Then again he also had a nice TD pass to Sanders at one point. The one guy that is making some noise though is Lynch. The last 2 practices have been lights out for him. Yes he is working against our 3rd string guys but he has been impressive with his zip, timing, and even touch passes.

RB's
This will be a fun group to see who emerges as I have heard good things of Anderson, Booker, Thompson, Hillman, and Bibbs. Keep hearing more and more that teams are just waiting for us to cut Bibbs so they can scoop him up.

WR's
For as much as people rag on our offense we do have some incredible depth at the skill positions (minus the TE position). Again another very tight group that the pre season games will be huge for. Plus just how many we will be keeping.

Punter
DeCamillis said that Dixon and Colquitt are neck and neck. That is not a good thing for Colquitt. To me he has to outright win the job. If it is a tie well the tie goes to the cheaper option. Colquitt from what I understand has been the more consistent of the two but when Dixon boots it just right man he blows Colquitt's leg away.

OL
One of my favorite stories about the OL so far is the fact that Okung has really emerged as a leader of the group. When a teammate messes up it isn't the coaches going over to talk to the player it is Okung to help them out. We have needed that type of leader to emerge with such a young group.

Another interesting story is that of Stephenson. I guess he is actually from the KC area and some are thinking him getting away from his family will help him to really focus on his career. Sounds like they were quite the distraction so hoping that is true. Been hearing mixed reviews on him. So far it is that he has great feet and gets into the right position but struggles to hold his block.

Sambrailo will be out for just a bit as he hyper-extended his elbow yesterday. Nothing serious just needs some rest.

DL
Sly Williams was back but now Walker is down with a back injury. Again nothing serious but just needed a day off. Good looking group so far and really good depth.

ILB
So far Todd Davis has continued to be the Trevathan replacement. He has played well and hasn't given the coaches a reason to sub others in for him.

OLB
With Ware sitting out and Miller on a snap count Ray and Barrett have gotten a lot of opportunities and have not disappointed at all. they have been dominant.

Safety
Sounds like people are very impressed with Justin Simmons. The kid is always around the ball and even had Cecil Lamney giving him the comparison to Earl Thomas with just how well he moves around the field.

Corner
Kayvon Webster has had him quite the camp from what I understand. Came up limping a bit today after knocking down a pass but has really shown well. Lorenzo Doss is another name to be watching. He has been a turnover machine so far just like he was in college.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Carl.

Interesting on Taylor - as one day they are saying the MRI was fine and he will be playing Sunday and the next day - he gets moved to IR.

Okung - is proving his worth thus far. Glad to see it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Carl.

Interesting on Taylor - as one day they are saying the MRI was fine and he will be playing Sunday and the next day - he gets moved to IR.

Okung - is proving his worth thus far. Glad to see it.

Yeah not sure what all happened with Taylor. He tweeted out after getting cut "fishy fishy" I'm guessing he didn't think he should be IR'd.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few more things after listening to more people who were at camp...

1) Sounds like the offense has made major strides from last year. I don't remember hearing last year that the offense got the better of the defense on any specific day. Almost everybody though that I have read/listened to has said the offense was the clear winner. They said there were some huge holes for the RB's to run through and each of the QB's showed some good moments. Throw in they said WR's are making catches all over the field in very tight coverage.

2) This might be more homer in me than in reality but I do think Paxton Lynch gets some 2nd team reps when they come back tomorrow for practice. He over the last few days has been lighting up the 3rd unit. He has at least 1 throw a day that just has people in awe and has been doing really well when they go to situational football drills. To me sounds like Elway's words of this kid being ready sooner than people think could hold very true! Have to temper my expectations but love what I am hearing about this kid.

3) Also love hearing from past OL players like Stink and Tyler Polumbus that they are really impressed with how this OL has been playing so far. Last year Stink couldn't shut up about how terrible our OL was so I know he is speaking from what he believes to be true and not just what he thinks fans want to hear. Seems the big question though will be depth. The starting 5 have looked really good so far but the back up units have been pretty hit and miss which hey that is what you should expect at this time of the year.

4) Now while the OL has looked good for the most part I have read quite a bit about how Miller is once again being his dominant self. He was dominating one of the OT's during practice to the point that the coaches stuck a TE to help out and he still beat the double team to make plays. Sounds like there is no hang over from missing most of the off season.

I know this question might be a bit early but what are you hoping to see for our first preseason game next week? Can't believe I finally get to type that. Football is finally back!

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) Now while the OL has looked good for the most part I have read quite a bit about how Miller is once again being his dominant self. He was dominating one of the OT's during practice to the point that the coaches stuck a TE to help out and he still beat the double team to make plays. Sounds like there is no hang over from missing most of the off season.

Von said he has knew what was going to be expected of him and that he kept himself in tip top shape so that he could come in and be ready to go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von said he has knew what was going to be expected of him and that he kept himself in tip top shape so that he could come in and be ready to go.

I'm glad he did. You always worry a bit for a guy that misses the entire off season because of the Franchise Tag contract negotiations of what kind of shape they stayed in. You throw in Von Miller spent most of the off season either dancing or on tour for interviews and you worry a bit. I was relieved when I heard an interview from his dance partner who said he spent hours upon hours working out every day on top of the training for the competition. Sounds like he did come in a little lighter this year than the last couple. His speed move around the edge is his best move so being even faster can only help.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he did. You always worry a bit for a guy that misses the entire off season because of the Franchise Tag contract negotiations of what kind of shape they stayed in. You throw in Von Miller spent most of the off season either dancing or on tour for interviews and you worry a bit. I was relieved when I heard an interview from his dance partner who said he spent hours upon hours working out every day on top of the training for the competition. Sounds like he did come in a little lighter this year than the last couple. His speed move around the edge is his best move so being even faster can only help.

Plus he plays strong side and that means on occasion dropping into coverage, the lighter he is means more speed and agility and explosiveness and the better he will be in coverage. I just hope Wade does not drop Von back too often because it is a waste of talent. Well, except if the refs allow the blatant holding again this then it might just be better to put Von into coverage.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last sentence was sarcasm for those of you who have your sarcasm filter on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he plays strong side and that means on occasion dropping into coverage, the lighter he is means more speed and agility and explosiveness and the better he will be in coverage. I just hope Wade does not drop Von back too often because it is a waste of talent. Well, except if the refs allow the blatant holding again this then it might just be better to put Von into coverage.

Haha I appreciate the clarification. Hint of truth though in that sarcasm. And yeah I agree I wouldn't drop him back a whole lot but because of them not dropping him back much during the season it did help to catch the Patriots off guard in the playoffs for his huge pick that should have been a touchdown.

I like him being lighter for the speed aspect but also just in helping protect his legs from the added weight. He tore his ACL when he put on so much weight and I think he is just one of those guys that is strong enough to play a little light for the position and does his best when his speed is his best asset. Get those OT's freaked out about him beating them to the outside to then spin back to the middle for an easy sack.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray spend the off season working on his diet and weight training. He went from 236 this past season to now 245 this year and is looking in much better shape. He told Troy Renck that he is faster and strong this year than last. Maybe see a similar jump from him like we saw with Barrett last year.