• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His tools are wow. He just raw. Also just such a good fit for the offense. Hoping for a bigger faster stronger jake plummer.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be hating on Jake the Snake. His 2005 was awesome lol (besides the championship game)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His tools are wow. He just raw. Also just such a good fit for the offense. Hoping for a bigger faster stronger jake plummer.

I was thinking when watching him in this last game of a faster version of Big Ben. The way he is just very difficult to bring down in the pocket and can extend plays that turn a loss into a huge gain.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be hating on Jake the Snake. His 2005 was awesome lol (besides the championship game)

Yeah he had ONE great year for us.

Plummer was an extreme QB. He was either GREAT or AWFUL. Better then always being awful I guess.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physically Elway and Plummer were the two best players Kubiak has had to run his system. Hopefully Lynch can top both of them. Unfortunately for Elway Kubiak came into his life as a OC too late. Can you imagine Elway in his prime running that system?

From what I understand they have been impressed with Lynch's ability to learn quickly. They have said that he is one of those guys that the mistakes he made the day before he has the ability to learn from them and never make them again. Right now his biggest issues are not even playbook related from what I have been hearing. It is more just still struggling some to learn to play from under center and do the 3 step hit the route type plays. He is still having to think too much about his mechanics on those type of plays and it is causing him to be highly inaccurate when called to do that. He probably needs at least another month to be ready to start. I would love to give him more and will be cheering very hard for Siemian to do well so that Lynch can have a year on the bench. Throw in then can you imagine the trades that teams will want to throw at us say we love the development of Lynch and can trade Siemian say for a 2nd round pick or if he has a great year maybe more? So it is in every one's interest for Siemian to go out and tear it up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have cut starting C Bryan Stork after several concussions.

They also cut vet WR Nate Washington.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have cut starting C Bryan Stork after several concussions.

They also cut vet WR Nate Washington.

I saw that. I would love to see the Broncos bring in Stork. He wouldn't be asked to start but could be a quality back up and have some time to heal up his head.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really depends on the severity of his concussions. Seems kinda strange they up and cut him like that, but then again if it was bad enough you would have thought he would retire.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really depends on the severity of his concussions. Seems kinda strange they up and cut him like that, but then again if it was bad enough you would have thought he would retire.

I would say he is at least worth bringing in for a check up with the doctors. He was a quality starter just a couple of years ago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are expected to play the starters on both sides of the ball into the 3rd quarter. Kubiak still hasn't decided on the 2nd QB yet. Most think he will let Lynch be the 2nd guy in.

Siemian only practiced about 80% today.

Ware practiced again but probably won't see him until week 1 of the season. Said he is at about 94% healthy. Last year in the Super Bowl he said he was only about 70%.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of other notes:

Wolfe has been excused for personal reasons for a few days so could be interesting to see if he plays this weekend.

Ferentz is going to be out a few weeks as he went and got his knee scoped earlier.

Also just as a quick reminder during preseason our guys are told to take every kick off out of the end zone even if it is 9 yards deep. Coaches said that hard to evaluate a guy if all he is doing is taking a knee. So understand that is not what they will do during the season. Same with us having the most pass attempts through 2 preseason games of any team. We are not going to be throwing it more than any other team in the league.

Bennie Fowler is now out of his arm brace. He isn't practicing yet but is running some drills on the sideline. Team is still hopeful that he will be ready for the Panthers game.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pre-season so far has been pass/pass/pass. Once the Broncos open the regular season, look for run/run/run/pass/run/run/run/run/pass.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean it makes sense.

Why work your RB's to death that you are going to already work to death in regular season, and why take it easy on your QB's right now? They need all the practice they can get.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report now says Stork was traded to Washington, not waived and that he may retire.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one reporter today said that Siemian looked OK. Sanchez looked great. And when Lynch went with the 1's, he looked AMAZING!

I honestly have no clue what to expect from these QB's on a given day.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not popular among many on this Broncos board but I really hope to see Paxton Lynch take the field as the permanent starter sooner than later. It would be an aggressive move and to some degree quite risky but I like it when Elway, Kubiak and company throw caution to the wind and exercise aggression. They've been that way in free agency, the draft and often in their play-calling over the years. This is not a John Fox led team. I fully understand the rationale in sitting him for as long as possible. It's logical. It makes the most sense. It could protect the future but for some reason I really think they should take the risk and throw the kid in. Probably a good thing that I have nothing to do with running the Broncos, as gut reasoning isn't usually very sound. We'll see.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not popular among many on this Broncos board but I really hope to see Paxton Lynch take the field as the permanent starter sooner than later. It would be an aggressive move and to some degree quite risky but I like it when Elway, Kubiak and company throw caution to the wind and exercise aggression. They've been that way in free agency, the draft and often in their play-calling over the years. This is not a John Fox led team. I fully understand the rationale in sitting him for as long as possible. It's logical. It makes the most sense. It could protect the future but for some reason I really think they should take the risk and throw the kid in. Probably a good thing that I have nothing to do with running the Broncos, as gut reasoning isn't usually very sound. We'll see.

The main issue is we as fans don't know what Lynch is struggling with. Being the starter means you cannot work on the issues during the season. If he has bad habits that need to be broken he needs to sit and work on those during the week. If it is just verbiage and rookie learning curves , yeah he can work through that being the starter.

I'd say week 5 vs Falcons may be when we see Lynch as the starter.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue is we as fans don't know what Lynch is struggling with. Being the starter means you cannot work on the issues during the season. If he has bad habits that need to be broken he needs to sit and work on those during the week. If it is just verbiage and rookie learning curves , yeah he can work through that being the starter.

I'd say week 5 vs Falcons may be when we see Lynch as the starter.

Good points. I highly doubt that the Broncos are ready to start Lynch in week 1, so his projected timeline as the eventual starter will no doubt be tied directly to the Broncos record. If the season is going very well for the Broncos, I don't see them inserting Lynch into the lineup regardless of his progression in practice. Week 5 could be the date but probably not if they're 4-0 or 3-1. I could be wrong and Kubiak takes a page from the notebook of Shanahan and his move to replace Plummer with Cutler way back when.