• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Just awesome! I remember a victory celebration that shut down Georgetown a few times back in the 80’s. Spontaneous joy with everyone rushing into the streets at the prime intersection down there blocking traffic for hours.

Nice win Caps!!!!!

In the ota thread Cali ? :lol:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'The spiral he puts on it just makes it easy for us to catch'

Vikings receivers are impressed by what they've seen from Kirk Cousins, @TomPelissero writes
nfl.com/news/story/0ap…

From the wrs will say anything dept during otas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20180530_114737-e1527716287974.jpg

Photo by Ben Standig for The Sports Capitol
Redskins OTA notebook: Zach Brown no-shows; Receivers grab attention
BY BEN STANDIG | MAY 30, 2018
REDSKINS PARK — Zach Brown returned to the Washington Redskins this offseason after the two sides agreed on a new contract. However, the inside linebacker isn’t exactly back.

Wednesday’s are the day Washington opens up Organized Team Activities (OTA) for the media. The Redskins’ leading tackler in 2017 was noticeably absent last week. The reason? Moving, according to Jay Gruden. Seemed logical to think that meant into a house in the area rather than say to one in Montana he reached by walking. Seeing as Brown also missed Wednesday’s session, perhaps not.

Gruden confirmed Brown’s absence after the day’s session on the team’s outdoor practice fields without elaborating. It’s important to note these workouts are voluntary. Typically only established veterans or the very bold no-show. Another three-day batch of OTA workouts comes next week followed by a mandatory 2-3 day minicamp June 12-14.

Asked if the seven-year veteran was, um, still moving, Gruden said, “I guess so. (I) don’t ask. It’s not mandatory. I’m just worried about the guys that are here. We’ve got a pretty good group of guys that are here. There are only a couple that are not here and the guys here have bought in and working extremely hard to get better.”

A source tells The Sports Capitol Brown was at the facility Tuesday for the first day of the second week of OTA, but did not offer additional details.

Brown signed a one-year deal with Washington ahead of the 2017 season after a Pro Bowl campaign with Buffalo. He played through an Achilles tendon injury season before he was shutdown the final three weeks. The Redskins re-signed Brown several days into free agency after other reported targets signed elsewhere. The three-year, $24 million contract, could easily turn into a one-year deal with $3 million in dead cap space if the Redskins cut bait after this season.

Approximately a dozen players did not participate, including offensive tackles Trent Williams (knee surgery) and Morgan Moses (ankle surgery).

Defensive tackle Stacy McGee was another player not present without a clear understanding of why.

Gruden’s press conference occurred at the time many reporters remained in the field area waiting for players including Jonathan Allen and Montae Nicholson. That meant a leaner contingent than normal with the head coach, which led to several key questions going unasked. What exactly is up with Brown was not among them, though we still do not have a clear understanding. One source went for the positive spin. “He shows up for the games.”

In these no-pads sessions, the one area that somewhat resembles the real thing is with the passing game. Alex Smith and the other quarterbacks scan the defense, whether in full or during 7-on-7 drills, before letting the ball fly. When the tosses go high and long, all eyes fixate on the projectile. Wednesday, several of those 50-50 throws landed in the arms of the intended targets. The passes hit the mark. The plays were made because the receivers aggressively went for the ball.

“That’s just [Alex] trying to get to know his receivers, you know?” Gruden said of Washington’s new quarterback. “At the end of the day, we don’t know if these guys can come down with the ball unless we give them some opportunities. And it’s the same with the defensive backs. I want them… sometimes I’ll tell them to take a shot whether they want to or not because I have got to see the defensive backs play the ball in the air and I want to see the receivers play the ball in the air.”

This wasn’t a one-sided showdown won by the pass catchers. Sleeper candidate Fabian Moreau’s interception sparked a round of roars from the other defenders. Those offensive receptions simply draw more “whoas” from observers.

The receiver battles with two to three slots in play probably includes the most players with a true shot at sticking anywhere on the roster. Josh Doctson, one of three locks along with Paul Richardson and Jamison Crowder, used his red-zone size to out-leap Orlando Scandrick on a shot from Smith in the end zone. Second-year receiver Robert Davis, who missed part of last week’s work with a toe injury, snatched a pass away from his body with hands high. Veteran reserve Brian Quick hauled in a fade pass – seriously, this one worked – over rookie corner Greg Stroman. Undrafted free agent Cam Sims leaped for a deep catch, his second impressive grab in as many media-attended OTA workouts.

“We’ve had our share of plays down the field,” Gruden said. “Josh had a great catch today. Quick had a couple. Robert Davis had a nice catch today. And then defensively, we had some great pass breakups. That’s what I’m looking for. I know we’re not supposed to be in this one-on-one combat. We have got to taper off a little bit, but we still can play football and we’re giving these guys the opportunity to make plays.”

Jordan Reed (toe surgery) remains sidelined. Vernon Davis, 34, isn’t getting younger. Niles Paul doesn’t work here anymore. It sure seemed like the Redskins should add a tight end to the mix. They did Wednesday with undrafted free agent Garrett Hudson. The University of Richmond product just isn’t a veteran. The one other tight end with “experience” is second-year player Jeremy Sprinkle, who let a pass bounce right off his midsection Wednesday. Manasseh Garner, a 2017 practice squad player, was held out of practice.

Reed attended Wednesday’s session though he couldn’t play.

“His attendance has been excellent. His rehab schedule is on track to being ready, and I like where he’s at,” Gruden said. “His upper body strength is great. I think he’s on track to be there for training camp. We’ll wait and see.”

If Wednesday’s play-calling is a dress rehearsal for what’s to come later this summer and fall, Smith will roll-out early and often. The mobile quarterback was constantly on the move, often rolling to his right. He threw deep, he found Crowder over the middle and tucked the ball for gains on the ground.

Lineups changed throughout the practice session. Gruden balks whenever a question about the depth chart surfaces. That said, here’s the defensive lineup Washington sent out for the start of practice:

Line – Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ioannidis

Linebacker – Ryan Kerrigan, Mason Foster, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Preston Smith

Secondary – Josh Norman, Montae Nicholson, D.J. Swearinger, Orlando Scandrick

As for the offensive line which remains without its top tackles, the starting unit included (from left to right) Geron Christian, Shawn Lauvao, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, John Kling.

Running back Robert Kelley opened the day with the first team, but rookie Derrius Guice also received work with the starters. Guice is new, but his Week 1 roster spot is secure. Kelley’s status is a bit dicier, but Gruden remains a believer.

“I think he’s getting better in the passing game, without a doubt,” the coach said. “The vision points in pass protection, his routes are more crisp, without a doubt, and obviously we just keep tracking these runs and being decisive with his cuts, that’s all we do right now. Obviously ball security, he’s doing fine with that, so I think just mastering all phases of the game is what he’s got to continue to do and he’ll have to continue to do throughout his whole career, not just this year.”

Running back Kapri Bibbs was among the injured working on the side along with several offensive lineman.

Offensive lineman Tyler Catalina remained sidelined after suffering a foot injury last week. The issue is not considered serious and the second-year lineman is itching to return. For now, patience. Catalina is one of several players in the mix at left guard or one of the reserve spots.

Another running back, 2016 seventh-round pick Keith Marshall, was not seen on the practice field.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope , not going to do it, it wasnt let go for the past 3 years , so I won’t let it go now

again, it was like 3 people...and btw, i wasn't one of them.

you have issues.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, it was like 3 people...and btw, i wasn't one of them.

you have issues.

issues or not 3 people or not (more though ) i will give back what i got

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Darrell Green throwback jersey. I had a Cousin's jersey but I sent it to Dan.

Funny when I was in HS and jerseys were not readily available I went into a store in Marlow Heights and there was a Larry Brown jersey. I bought it and wore it until the numbers washed off. He was my all time favorite Redskin. Diron Talbert was a close second.
DG = My favorite player of all time!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now you will be posting Viking news on the Redskins board? does your family let you drive the car at night?

i cannot understand why someone cant get that KC was a hot topic and worth posting about much like RAK and other ex redskins are posted about

i have warned you enough about insults