• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2015

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount injures knee. Not known how serious.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount appeared to have hurt his knee yesterday. He did walk off, but gingerly.

Garappolo had a very good day. Seems he runs hot and cold, good one day, bad the next. As one commentator said, he's got to start being good every day.

Boyce looks as good as he ever has. Hopefully the injury bug is dead. Even Brady is having to adjust his speed.

13 Players were not at the main practice yesterday. Reports are that some were at the indoor stadium others were at the back field out of site of the public and the press.

The squad has been pared down to 86. Four guys were signed earlier this week and several players have been cut.

Players can be named to the practice squad. Max of 10 can be on the practice team and BB usually only keeps 8.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's very early still but the injuries continue to pile up. So far, they sound fairly minor but there are several key players currently on the sidelines. Blount was looking really good before he went down with a bad knee. Edelman is also down. Boyce and Dobson were both looking really good at WR before they went down. I also heard Scott Chandler was hurting. He and Gronk will be a pair for defenses to cope with. With the loss of several key starters from last year and the ongoing Deflategate mess, 2015 was already looking like a tough year to repeat. Several key injuries might be the final straw.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Arguably the biggest takeaway from the New England Patriots' training camp practice Saturday was not what happened on the field, but who wasn't there to take part in it.

A whopping total of 23 players were sidelined, and then about halfway through the session, running back Travaris Cadet joined them when he appeared to grab for his left hamstring during a special-teams coverage drill.

Cadet, the former Saint who had impressed at times with his speed and sure hands as a possible option to replace Shane Vereen, walked off to the locker room and kicked his right foot into the ground in frustration. He was the fourth player in two days to sustain an injury, joining running back LeGarrette Blount (sprained MCL, per the Boston Globe), center Bryan Stork and defensive tackle Malcom Brown.

Others who have been sidelined in the past week include receivers Julian Edelman (came up a bit gimpy Sunday) and Aaron Dobson (hamstring, per the Boston Herald), linebackers Eric Martin, Darius Fleming and Matt Wells; and tight end Scott Chandler.

Meanwhile, the Patriots had already opened camp with nine players on either the physically unable to perform or non-football injury list, while linebacker Dont'a Hightower remains in a red non-contact jersey because he's not fully cleared after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery.

With so many absences, practice has been uneven and choppy at times as new players work their way into the mix. Bill Belichick could be heard imploring players to pick up the pace at times Saturday, as the past four days have seemed to be somewhat sluggish, and he called everyone together for an in-practice huddle at one point.

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer, another player still not fully cleared after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery, described it as the "dog days" of camp.

A few other observations from practice:

• Quarterback Tom Brady's rollout and long run up the right sideline drew the biggest reaction from the crowd, which was generally quiet. Brady seemed to take pleasure in the 50-or-so-yard jaunt, tip-toeing into the end zone near the pylon, even as defenders seemed to pull up and not play all the way through the whistle.

• A few hours after Belichick mentioned that undrafted rookie Chris Harper (Cal) has shown the ability to return punts, Harper drew a reaction from the crowd on one return with a sharp cut and explosion to the sideline.

• With Stork not practicing at center, undrafted rookie David Andrews and third-year man Josh Kline split reps. Andrews, of Georgia, hasn't looked out of place.

• Belichick directed players to the hill behind the practice fields at the end of the session for conditioning work.

• Players are off Sunday. The next practice is Monday (1:45 p.m. ET).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked summer camp for the Baltimore Colts as a teen ager. The locker room was a sea of tape. The players sat in ice tubs or stared at the floor trying to get some strength back. When they got up to walk it looked like old men in the morning.....
That was 1970 - they went on to win the Superbowl!!!!!

th

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dm_150810_nfl_news_ryan_lindley_matt_flynn.jpgPlay2:45
Patriots turn to Ryan Lindley after releasing Matt Flynn

ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss discusses the team's releasing QB Matt Flynn and its plan to add Ryan Lindley.

• reiss_mike_m.jpg
    Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
    • Covered Patriots since 1997
    • Joined ESPN in 2009
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots released veteran quarterback Matt Flynn and signed former Cardinals signal-caller Ryan Lindley, the team announced Monday.

Flynn, who signed a one-year deal in June to serve as New England's No. 3 quarterback behind Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo, had opened training camp on the active/non-football injury list. A hamstring injury kept him sidelined, according to ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini.

Packers and the team's need for a third quarterback.

Although Garoppolo is expected to play a good number of the snaps, the team needs a contingency plan in the event of injury, and likely would want to avoid reinserting Brady into the game in that scenario. Lindley, a sixth-round draft pick in 2012, started Arizona's playoff loss last season to the Panthers. His 10.9 total QBR in that game is the second-lowest total in a playoff game over the past five seasons.

Terms of Lindley's deal were not announced, but sources told ESPN that it is for one season.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Lindley's 48.4 completion percentage last season ranked dead last among 47 quarterbacks with at least 75 pass attempts.

Flynn has had two different stints with the Packers (2008 to 2011, 2013-14) while also spending time with the Seahawks (2012), Raiders (2013) and Bills (2013). He has seven career starts

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
si-wire-new_0.jpg by SI Wire
Email
Posted: Mon Aug. 10, 2015

The Chicago Bears have traded offensive guard Ryan Groy to the New England Patriots, reports NFL Network's Rand Getlin.

Groy signed with the Bears as an undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin in May 2014. He started the 2014 season on the practice squad before being moved up to the active roster in November.

The 24-year-old appeared in four games for Chicago last season, starting three

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is back to practice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PUP's were generally expected. Most of the other injuries are not significant. We need playing time for the rookies and the new veterans. The team vets are not going to play much anyways......

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear how the rookies are doing?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear how the rookies are doing?
I think that all but 1 of our draft picks will play. That 1 was Wells and he has been traded. This may be our best draft ever. I'm excited to watch these kids play in preseason.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that all but 1 of our draft picks will play. That 1 was Wells and he has been traded. This may be our best draft ever. I'm excited to watch these kids play in preseason.

You think they all make the 53 man roster?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots waive RB Tyler Gaffney

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Gaffney's injury from last season was more serious than at first thought. Sort of like Ballard, the TE from the Giants.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny....so far Lindley has looked pretty good.........is he one of those "Great in practice, sucks in a game" quarterbacks?

Tonight, 7:30 PM, Pats vs Pack. ABC and NFL Networks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny....so far Lindley has looked pretty good.........is he one of those "Great in practice, sucks in a game" quarterbacks?

Tonight, 7:30 PM, Pats vs Pack. ABC and NFL Networks.
I never thought I would utter these words but I would rather have had Grossman than Lindey. Granted Grossman isn't the fix. Could be a decent # 3 but that Pats more than likely will not keep 3 on the roster. But Lindey looked terrible last year. Especially against the Seahawks. He litterally looked like he was fearing for his life on every play. Thanks but no thanks.
Boy old Matt Flynn surely dropped off the NFL QB radar. Got that big contract and fell off the face of the earth. Injuries I guess really killed him?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would utter these words but I would rather have had Grossman than Lindey. Granted Grossman isn't the fix. Could be a decent # 3 but that Pats more than likely will not keep 3 on the roster. But Lindey looked terrible last year. Especially against the Seahawks. He litterally looked like he was fearing for his life on every play. Thanks but no thanks.
Boy old Matt Flynn surely dropped off the NFL QB radar. Got that big contract and fell off the face of the earth. Injuries I guess really killed him?

That is the sole reason he is no longer a Pat.