• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Leshoure

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, I thought you were talking about Leshoure.

Either way, it really doesn't change anything- Scheffler is a better TE than anyone on the Pats roster not named Gronkowski.

I can understand wanting to roll with the guys you have, but when your team runs an offense predicated on the TEs, and you've lost your two best ones, something's gotta give. The Pats have barely squeaked out two wins against two very bad teams- you guys need help in the receiver/TE department in a bad way. No reason to be proud just because you guys haven't been in this position lately. Scheffler would fill the Hernandez role far better than any of the "who the fuck is that guy?" TEs you guys currently have.

That's just my $.02 though...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense last year isn't our offense this year.

We will run a lot more 3 WR sets and two TE on the field prevents development of the WR. In the times we do have 2TE we want primarily a blocker, and the guys we have are solid at that. Scheffler adds nothing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd add another warm that Brady can yell at for being far less talented than what he's used to working with. I know it was raining the other night, but your receivers looked awful out there. (Bryant Johnson-Mike Thomas-Brandon Pettigrew awful)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense last year isn't our offense this year.

We will run a lot more 3 WR sets and two TE on the field prevents development of the WR. In the times we do have 2TE we want primarily a blocker, and the guys we have are solid at that. Scheffler adds nothing.

Your offense this year is only that way because of the loss of your two star TEs. It's certainly not by choice or design...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez changed that. Scheffler doesn't change it back.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd add another warm that Brady can yell at for being far less talented than what he's used to working with. I know it was raining the other night, but your receivers looked awful out there. (Bryant Johnson-Mike Thomas-Brandon Pettigrew awful)

Give them time. They will be fine.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Scheffler is done. Pats won't want him and don't need him. The new guys there will learn the system faster than he would anyways.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh sheeeiiot fans

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Lions RB Mikel Leshoure is "wide open" to being traded.

Leshoure is the No. 3 back in Detroit and was a healthy scratch last week as a running back who doesn't play special teams. He also hasn't looked the same since tearing his Achilles' as a rookie. Leshoure ran for 798 yards and nine touchdowns in 2012. Colts owner has expressed some interest in acquiring a running back following Vick Ballard's season-ending ACL tear. They're not comfortable with Donald Brown as the No. 2. That's pure speculation on our part, though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whefffff.... Idk how you're confident with them. But I'll take your word JDM. I'm indifferent. (Not really) That was the Jets, at home, and it was ugllly.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were missing two of the guys I expect to be their top three targets this year, and the third was scratched week one. Dobson makes those catches and the line looks better. His hands have not been an issue in the past so I expect it to be corrected fairly quickly. Add in gronkowski and amendola, and the offense will move the ball just fine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola plays about as much as Delmas though. I think you should take Scheffler and give us.... Hmmmm.... Say a starting outside linebacker. Trust me, we'd be doing you guys a favor. He's one helluva dancer!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you added a third rounder to take him of your hands I still might not do it. If I did he gets immediately cut.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But thats the thing I don't think the Pats have time. They played two average teams at best and really the outcomes could be different with a break or two.

Even Tom Brady was exasperated with his rookie WRs Thursday he even stated he needs to control his body language better. I like Dobson and think he will be a good wide out but rookie WRs rarely make a difference and the ones that do are usually your AJ Green types.

The Pats pass tree relies on mismatches and a very involved TE. I get not thinking Scheffler could be of value as he is pretty polarizing with Lion fans but the Pats need a veteran to pair with Edelman. And I am not sure how effective Gronk will be when he returns.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we playing fantasy games with Scheffler and the Pats when Leshoure is the one who is officially and realistically on the trade block?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But thats the thing I don't think the Pats have time. They played two average teams at best and really the outcomes could be different with a break or two.

Even Tom Brady was exasperated with his rookie WRs Thursday he even stated he needs to control his body language better. I like Dobson and think he will be a good wide out but rookie WRs rarely make a difference and the ones that do are usually your AJ Green types.

The Pats pass tree relies on mismatches and a very involved TE. I get not thinking Scheffler could be of value as he is pretty polarizing with Lion fans but the Pats need a veteran to pair with Edelman. And I am not sure how effective Gronk will be when he returns.

The division is theirs. The only goal is to be ready for the postseason. Scheffler impairs that.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeShoure to Indy has some legs right now after he stated he is open to a trade. We'll see if anything comes of it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division is theirs. The only goal is to be ready for the postseason. Scheffler impairs that.

Don't count the Dolphins out. The Pats have not been impressive against low level talented teams!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins have no shot whatsoever. I am more scared of buffalo than Miami.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A TE who is a drastically better offensive threat than any guy at that position currently (playing) on your roster (obviously Gronk is 10x better, but he's yet to play this year) impairs that? I know Pats fans think Belichick is god and can turn trash-heap signings into gold and all that, but the fact is that Scheffler is a better TE than anyone currently playing TE for the Pats...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk will be back very soon. Leaning on two tight ends when we have receivers who need reps hurts this team down the stretch, and we have better blocking options for those types of looks. Scheffler makes this team worse.