• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade ideas

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't sign Castillo, I'll be disappointed in Sabean

Agreed, although in fairness, there are going to be at least a dozen teams, maybe more, likely to make a lucrative offer for Castillo. They could make a reality TV show about it, along the lines of The Batchelor.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still deals can happen in August. Notice the Phillies didn't trade anyone, someone like Utley might clear waivers. Dodgers can't block us. Maybe ZObrist still doable since the Rays decided to be sellers?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, although in fairness, there are going to be at least a dozen teams, maybe more, likely to make a lucrative offer for Castillo. They could make a reality TV show about it, along the lines of The Batchelor.

No doubt. Just as of now (and IF nothing happens in AUG) we have holes at 2B, LF, no insurance or future plan in CF, and two SP's who will be FA's and another who might need TJS. Concerning

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Just as of now (and IF nothing happens in AUG) we have holes at 2B, LF, no insurance or future plan in CF, and two SP's who will be FA's and another who might need TJS. Concerning

Yep...winning championships in this league is really hard. I'm glad we got two recently, it takes a lot of luck. We had it in 2010 and 2012, we'll see if we do this year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hold your breath on Castillo. I just don't see it yet. Next time Baggs has a chat, I may have to ask him.

And we could have mad some moves. We could have gotten Bonifacio, if we gave up Susac (ATL gave up their top catching prospect). We could have gotten Rios, if we gave up Crick. Reality was, this market was insane, and I'm glad Sabes refused to make a bad deal. This has been the point Cal has been hammering this last week, and I think I was just misinterpreting it the entire time.

We will be better if Belt and Pagan return, but it's not a given they come back. Making an upgrade now would not put this team over the top, and would not justify selling the future.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are cutting ties with 2B Brian Roberts........

Do we kick the tires, or let pass and let Panik try to figure it out?

I would prefer we pass and let Panik play.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are cutting ties with 2B Brian Roberts........

Do we kick the tires, or let pass and let Panik try to figure it out?

I would prefer we pass and let Panik play.

I would rather have Roberts than Uggla. Not because Roberts is that good, just because Uggla is terrible.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pleased we didn't trade Crick for Bonifacio as was rumored to be what was asked for him.

There is a lot of talent in the minors, especially starting pitching.

I doubt someone like Zobrist makes it far enough through waivers to fall to us. At the moment, CIN, PIT, STL, and ATL can block our claim and likely would.