• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for Ichiro?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a wild thought in my head the other day I was at the Rays Mariners game on Monday. Looking at the OF we are pretty thin to the point we have brad miller playing there and everyone that we signed or traded for in the offseason not named Seth Smith hasnt done anything. Weeks, Ackley, and Ruggiano have been awful and Ichiro has been playing well with the little time he has been getting in Miami. The marlins suck and were trying to win this thing should we look at an ichiro trade? Maybe give up Farquar or something

Also the fan in me wants me to see ichiro get his 3000 hit as a mariner, watching griffey not hit his 500th as a mariner kinda kills

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to aim higher, but M's usually don't.

Farquhar for Ichiro would be kind of funny though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the idea when it was brought up in the offseason but I don't think it's all that crazy. I mean he could fill the role Ackley was supposed to in the platoon vs righties. I'd rather aim higher too but you could do worse.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Ichiro would actually upgrade the outfield is sad. I'm not a fan of bringing him back but it could kill a problem in taking Ackley off of their hands in the deal.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Bring him back, the other players can see just what real work ethic is like. Ichiro is better than the majority of this team and could continue playing another 4-5 years if he wants, that's just how good he is.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Bring him back, the other players can see just what real work ethic is like. Ichiro is better than the majority of this team and could continue playing another 4-5 years if he wants, that's just how good he is.
LOL

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans may not want it, but I have a strong feeling that he is signed as a free agent next offseason. The Mariners are thin at outfield, Japanese ownership, Ichiro is extremely marketable and would very likely get his 3,000th hit as a Mariner.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everybody hate ichiro so much some of you guys are acting like he cant hit. If you take age out of the equation he is a better option than any OF player we have right now. Austin Jackson is starting to look overrated in his first game back he went 0-4 with 4 strikeouts I have a gut feeling this is not going to be his season

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt you morons want ichiro on the team? he's batting over .280 right now, he's consistent, has a very strong work ethic and you KNOW what to expect from him.

He is a great team player and never should've been allowed to leave the team to begin with.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work ethic part really got me. I remember him doing things his way on his terms and distancing himself from teammates because of it. Not saying he didn't work hard because he did, but I think he has been humbled enough after being with the Yankees to understand his role. M's never had the balls to call him on his antics.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work ethic part really got me. I remember him doing things his way on his terms and distancing himself from teammates because of it. Not saying he didn't work hard because he did, but I think he has been humbled enough after being with the Yankees to understand his role. M's never had the balls to call him on his antics.

Yeah, that was why the teammate comment got to me. Guy was very much about himself. Sometimes that works when the team benefits, but he never seemed to sacrifice anything for the team's sake.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind him back while he still has a little left in the tank. As others have said hes better than a few of the scrubs we keep trotting out there regularly.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everybody hate ichiro so much some of you guys are acting like he cant hit. If you take age out of the equation he is a better option than any OF player we have right now. Austin Jackson is starting to look overrated in his first game back he went 0-4 with 4 strikeouts I have a gut feeling this is not going to be his season

Jackson hit a screamer up the middle for a hit his first game back and hit a ball really well deep his next at bat. I'm not on the Jackson train at all but at least get your facts right.

Plan A should be someone like Ryan Braun. Plan W might be Ichiro.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could replace Weeks with him, ok...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt you morons want ichiro on the team? he's batting over .280 right now, he's consistent, has a very strong work ethic and you KNOW what to expect from him.

He is a great team player and never should've been allowed to leave the team to begin with.

It's a pretty empty batting average, considering he has just 2 extra base hits all year and doesn't steal bases anymore...it's a large reason why he's scored very few runs: he can't get himself into scoring position anymore.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty empty batting average, considering he has just 2 extra base hits all year and doesn't steal bases anymore...it's a large reason why he's scored very few runs: he can't get himself into scoring position anymore.

The problem that comes with him is he (maybe he's changed) a locker room cancer. But I think you take on a locker room cancer to guillotine Weeks.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson hit a screamer up the middle for a hit his first game back and hit a ball really well deep his next at bat. I'm not on the Jackson train at all but at least get your facts right.

Plan A should be someone like Ryan Braun. Plan W might be Ichiro.

RYAN BRAUN?? are you high do you know what it would take to trade for ryan braun? Marlins would probably give ichiro away for nothing we would have to give up the farm for braun he is on their books till 2020 and its not like hes having a down year he is going to probably end up finishing around 35 homers around 100 RBIs you need to come back down to reality.

Oh and thanks for clearly up austin jackson he did get a hit his first game so that would make him 1-9 with 5 strikeouts someone please save his spot on the all star team

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RYAN BRAUN?? are you high do you know what it would take to trade for ryan braun? Marlins would probably give ichiro away for nothing we would have to give up the farm for braun he is on their books till 2020 and its not like hes having a down year he is going to probably end up finishing around 35 homers around 100 RBIs you need to come back down to reality.

Oh and thanks for clearly up austin jackson he did get a hit his first game so that would make him 1-9 with 5 strikeouts someone please save his spot on the all star team

Braun is not that far fetched of an idea. Brewers are 13 games under .500 and currently have the worst record in the majors. They need to start rebuilding. Yes he is on the books until 2020, so we would have a corner outfield hole filled for 5 years and Braun would be 36 at the end of his contract, sounds pretty decent. Give up the farm? I don't think so, a package of Ackley, Miller, Pederson or Guerrero should be close to get it done depending on what else is being thrown out by other teams.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun is not that far fetched of an idea. Brewers are 13 games under .500 and currently have the worst record in the majors. They need to start rebuilding. Yes he is on the books until 2020, so we would have a corner outfield hole filled for 5 years and Braun would be 36 at the end of his contract, sounds pretty decent. Give up the farm? I don't think so, a package of Ackley, Miller, Pederson or Guerrero should be close to get it done depending on what else is being thrown out by other teams.

I disagree teams dont get rid of all star caliber players that have him on the books for the next 5 years for a couple of AA players and a bust LF. If this was his contract year and there were no indications of him signing an extention that would be different