• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans were delusional thinking they'd get both Bradley and Skaggs for Samarzdija. They'd be lucky to get Skaggs.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley and Skaggs for Samardzija? What the fuck?

Yeah there was some rumor that the DBacks hung up the phone on the Cubs but that was never confirmed.

The best part was reading Cubs fans comments that it still wasn't enough. I posted the link a few pages ago but I'll post you my favorites.

Cubs Rumor Thread: Three unnamed teams interested in Marmol; D?Backs willing to trade Skaggs? | Cubs Den

Samardzija can easily fetch both by himself...and that's just to get the Cubs listening. No need to add anybody else.

I'm with you Marcel and if LA and San Francisco add someone, you can bet the D Backs will too the longer this goes on the greater the likelihood that someone will give up everything you want and then some...Are Skaggs and Bradley enough for Jeff??? I'm with everyone else throw Davidson in the mix

Then by far the best one.
It'll take a kings ransom to get Samardzija. As John said, a guy with a fresh arm, frontline stuff, and under control for 2+ years is going to require minimum 2 guys with his ceiling to even get Theo listening.
The hope is that Bradley eventually becomes Samardzija. So trading them straight up takes us backwards but as a headliner Bradley is a worthy one. Skaggs is a nice second piece but you'd still need more impact talent to mitigate the risk of either of those guys ever making it.

I'd say Bradley, Skaggs, Davidson, Collmenter, and Delgado would be fair market value for Shark. Very similar to the Latos deal if not worse because the pads got ML ready talent back.
For those that don't remember the Latos deal it was Grandam, Yonder Alonso, Edonsin Volquez, Brian Boxberger for Latos.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Cubs fans know anything about the players they wanted for Samardzija? They all have significantly higher ceilings than him.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija is a 3rd starter at best. The only reason he is an "ace" for the Cubs is because the Cubs suck.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the team standing pat for the most part, but I really want Kennedy and Kubel gone. Fuck them both, we have other pitchers who can do a much better job than Kennedy and Davidson/Prado can get some time in LF.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the team standing pat for the most part, but I really want Kennedy and Kubel gone. Fuck them both, we have other pitchers who can do a much better job than Kennedy and Davidson/Prado can get some time in LF.

At this point, I just want Kennedy and Kubel dealt for some bullpen help. Owings is the only prospect that I would be OK with dealing. I don't want any of these shitty starting pitchers that are on the market right now.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be glad we didn't get Gallardo, he just got hurt in the game, limping off the field. That could have been with us.

Don't know how bad it is but that could be the start of something.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy is washed up and injury prone, Samardzija flat out blows and Lee is too pricy. The Phillies wanted Bogaerts from the Sox for him.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill better have his head out of his ass if we are gonna be paying him 11M+ starting next year.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't wait to see what Cubs fans say when we trade Kennedy and Kubel for Samardzija.... JK Cubs fans! :D

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG said Bradley could be up by this year, please take your time with him. i don't want to rush him. I think we rushed Skaggs and his play is showing that.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, how sweet would it be if we traded Kennedy.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omg..... Skaggs would probably be in this one. Didn't see us going after Norris.