• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline ...

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid trade. Andrew Miller is a 2 month rental and we gave up a top 5 prospect for him. Just dumb.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid trade imo..Miller is an upgrade from Matusz and Rodriguez though highly rated has slipped of late. Maybe he becomes a 4/5 Doubront type or reliever but who knows.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, TB got completely fleeced in the trade. Are you kidding me? Smyly and Franklin for Price? Really? REALLY???

Apparently they also got some 18 y/o SS who's highly rated from DET. I didn't think they'd be that stupid to not get at least one good prospect out of it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid trade. Andrew Miller is a 2 month rental and we gave up a top 5 prospect for him. Just dumb.

From what I've heard, Rodriguez has had a lot of troubles once he moved up to Bowie. Seems like hitters have adjusted to him and he hasn't made adjustments himself. Could be that we traded him while he still had decent value. If we could have lured Price with him and maybe someone else instead, I would have been ecstatic and jumped on that, especially with what Tampa got in return for him. Price at the top of our rotation would've been very nice and would've given us that true #1 starter we've been looking for ever since Mussina left for the Yankees.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder now that the trading deadline has passed if we will search the waiver wire and try to find a second baseman and/or catcher and starting pitcher. A second baseman I can think of we might look at is Utley since he's doing pretty good this year but I'm sure that Philly would have to throw in a chunk of money in return since he's scheduled to make around $12.5 million next year. If we get him, next year we can move Manny to SS and Schoop to 3rd possibly?

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to give up the O's third best pitching prospect behind Bundy and Harvey for a rental. Zach Davies may have moved ahead of ERod on the prospect list. If this move helps the O's to a championship, it will be worth it. I've read several opinions that think ERods ceiling is a #3 starting pitcher in the majors. There's not too many pitchers in the O's system that project that high.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not very happy we gave up ERod and did not add a #1 pitcher in the process. Giving up a 21 year old who is one of our top 4 prospects to an in division rival makes it worse. Miller is a rental and will not get us over the top this year.

Our relievers have a 3.36 era (5th al), 20-15 record, 34 saves (2nd al), 340 innings (NOT GOOD starters not getting deep), 5th fewest walks AL, 8th in batting average, 7th in least home runs allowed (surprised not worse), 5th in WHIP .01 from 3rd, 2nd in pitchers per AB.

With those stats I would say we have a TOP 3 in the AL bullpen already.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a lot more than ERod to get a #1 starter. Getting a #1 would start with giving up Gausman or Bundy plus some.

I'm not saying Miller will or will not put the O's over the top. It's about getting into the playoffs and from there it's a crapshoot. I don't believe the A's have ever won the World Series when they have had the best record in the A.L. Once your in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumbo wildcard Joe was signed to a minor league deal.