• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

Which Team was the biggest winner at the trade deadline?

• Dallas Mavericks

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Milwaukee Bucks

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Philadelphia 76'ers

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Sacramento Kings

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Clippers

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he has no desire on winning

If he wants to start then he probably has to go with a team like Detroit over one of the top teams. I get the reasoning. Increases his chances of getting a bigger contract next year.

Same with Wes Matthews.

Now I'm not sure that is the right approach to take. Ilyasova and Bellinelli got very nice contracts because of their impact on the Sixers.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Deadline Winners/Losers/Incompletes:

WINNERS

Dallas Mavericks: added Porzingis, and opened up cap space for close to a max contract this summer. If they can add a big time player to go with Doncic and Porzingis watch out. This is a team on the rise

Philadelphia 76'ers: Paid a heavy price- but now have a great starting lineup. Harris is an amazing 4th option. This starting lineup is as good as any outside of Golden State. Simmons, Reddick, Butler, Harris and Embiid is a helluva job by them. "The Process" is complete.

Toronto Raptors: Adding Marc Gasol was a great get. He is not the defender he once was, but he can shoot, pass, is still a decent defender, and adds a ton of experience. He is a great teammate. Raptors are gonna be a tough fucking out. I sure hope we get a Raptors/Sixers ECF

Milwaukee Bucks: All of a sudden you have Mirotic and Lopez spreading the floor- taking a big out of the middle of the lane for Giannis. Wow.

Sacramento Kings: Did not give up much and brought in Harrison Barnes- a solid 3rd/4th option, and a solid bench player in Burks.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Obviously not all the deals were done at the deadline- but the Cavs turned 2 guys- Korver and George Hill into two 1st round picks and six 2nd round picks and did not have to take back one contract that goes past next year

Los Angeles Clippers: traded 3 months of Tobias Harris and Boban for 2 1st round picks- and they really had no intention of giving Harris a max contract to stay. All of a sudden have tons of cap flexibility and a nice handful of assets to make a deal with. They instantly become a contender for DAvis and can build a deal around SGA and the Miami unprotected 1st rounder if they want to.

LOSERS:

Los Angeles Lakers: The ploy to try and get AD failed spectacularly. Added Bullock and Muscala- two guys that I doubt will even be in the post season rotation. Could not get anything significant done.

Washington Wizards: Traded away Otto Porter Jr., their former #3 overall pick for cap relief, gave away Morris for cap relief, refused to part with Trevor Ariza for some reason even though they are going no where and he could have brought them an asset. Makes no sense to give an aging vet like Ariza money if they are going to try and rebuild.

Charlotte Hornets: Were in rumors for Marc Gasol but could not get anything done. Looks like either a late playoff seed or the lotto once again.

Phoenix Suns: Were never able to land the real point guard they so desperately need-instead added Tyler Johnson and his 19M dollar deal for next year to an already very crowded wing group. Shoe-horning TJ into point guard does not seem like the best decision.

Orlando Magic: Vucevic is a free agent- if they do not have an intention to resign him they should have dealt him. If he walks as a free agent this was a major missed opportunity. Seemed to give up quite a bit for Fultz but we shall see how that gamble works out.

INCOMPLETE:

New York Knicks- we wont know if the Porzingis deal was genius or awful until this summer

Boston Celtics: Had to sit on their hands and could not give away assets in anticipation of going for Davis this summer.

New Orleans Pelicans: This summer will show whether it was a good decision to wait or not. I think it will end up being a good decision but that is no guarantee.

tumblr_o3an8dNLOQ1v1s9fyo1_1280.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is just so dumb.

They turned down a deal with porter for a first to take Chicago’s trash deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is just so dumb.

They turned down a deal with porter for a first to take Chicago’s trash deal.
they obviously took the money-saving route.

I am sure the contract they were getting back when adding the first was not expiring like Parker's is.

Same with Morris- they traded him to save money.

And the craziest one was Ariza- okay i see the trade for him initially when Wall was playing and they were trying to make the playoffs---- but Ariza would have brought them AT LEAST 2 or 3 2nd rounders------ maybe even a first- he is expiring.

the Ariza bit is the part that just makes no sense to me at all.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they obviously took the money-saving route.

I am sure the contract they were getting back when adding the first was not expiring like Parker's is.

Same with Morris- they traded him to save money.

And the craziest one was Ariza- okay i see the trade for him initially when Wall was playing and they were trying to make the playoffs---- but Ariza would have brought them AT LEAST 2 or 3 2nd rounders------ maybe even a first- he is expiring.

the Ariza bit is the part that just makes no sense to me at all.

Agreed on Ariza.

But man, you can't just give away a Porter for NOTHING.

That is just baffling.

Also, I'm gonna call Sacto a loser because they took Barnes instead of getting Porter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Ariza.

But man, you can't just give away a Porter for NOTHING.

That is just baffling.

Also, I'm gonna call Sacto a loser because they took Barnes instead of getting Porter.
i like that Barnes has a much shorter contract and gives them flexibility----

i generally agree with you just player wise id rather have Porter----- but Barnes is a great teammate and good guy and he hsould be a decent fit.

giving away Porter just to save money is rather pathetic

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like that Barnes has a much shorter contract and gives them flexibility----

i generally agree with you just player wise id rather have Porter----- but Barnes is a great teammate and good guy and he hsould be a decent fit.

giving away Porter just to save money is rather pathetic

Who is signing with Sacto though?

Maybe this year they’ll actually get draft prospects to work out for them. Lol

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas for me. Luka and Porzingis should be fun to watch. I wasn't here yesterday to comment but Gasol's a good pickup for Toronto.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope someone takes Cubans money.

Great state

Great owner.

Great foundation. Don’t ask me who though. They’re all probably a little old for the Dallas timeline

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope someone takes Cubans money.

Great state

Great owner.

Great foundation. Don’t ask me who though. They’re all probably a little old for the Dallas timeline

Kevin "UT Longhorn" Durant