• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin love to lakers being rumored. Not sure what they would give up. Certainly not the top 10 pick. Maybe a gasol and Nick Young package. Tough sell ultimately lakers can get him in 2015

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin love to lakers being rumored. Not sure what they would give up. Certainly not the top 10 pick. Maybe a gasol and Nick Young package. Tough sell ultimately lakers can get him in 2015
A double double machine, who can shoot the 3, turns 26 in September..... not worth a top 10 pick? Sure his defense is lacking but still.

Plus.....just read that LA can't deal their 2014 1st round pick unless they were getting a first rounder back in the trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Operative word being "can". Getting him via trade assures that they get him. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

He wants out of Minnesota, has said the Lakers are at the top of his list of teams and I'm sure Minnesota wants to get something for him, so it does make sense for the teams to talk. It's also been rumored for awhile that Minnesota would like to pair Pau with Rubio.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is on the trading block though the Knicks aren't going to trade anybody we want for him so that aint gonna happen.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Lakers, Mavs maneuvering for Kevin Love - CBSSports.com

Lakers and Mavs are trying to get love in a trade.

It has also been stated that Love really wants to be in a major market and LA has been mentioned. It seems the pieces might start falling in place for LA whether they get Love via trade now or maybe in FA.

If I were LA I would prefer to wait and enjoy my draft pick in the '14 draft then sign him as a FA or trade for him next season with every thing but the '14 draft pick and Kobe as pieces willing to part with. I would not put that priority over acquiring him and locking him into a long term deal however. With the health of LA they should be lottery bound no matter when Love is added.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A double double machine, who can shoot the 3, turns 26 in September..... not worth a top 10 pick? Sure his defense is lacking but still.

Plus.....just read that LA can't deal their 2014 1st round pick unless they were getting a first rounder back in the trade.

:agree: Definitely would be worth a 1st round pick. I believe that you're right however and the Lakers can't deal that pick unless they get a 1st round pick back.

Trading the 1st round picks as part of the deal wouldn't be too bad for either team. The T-Wolves are currently sitting in the 10 spot in the West (6 games out of the 8 spot) and the Lakers are likely to have a top 5 or so pick. Seems like a deal that can help both teams.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Lakers, Nets, and Wolves get a 3 way deal done?

Thinking solely off the cuff here. Gasol to Wolves; Love to Lakers; Hill to Nets; Nets pick to Wolves. Nets may want something else here on top, but could this work?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Lakers, Nets, and Wolves get a 3 way deal done?

Thinking solely off the cuff here. Gasol to Wolves; Love to Lakers; Hill to Nets; Nets pick to Wolves. Nets may want something else here on top, but could this work?

If Gasol and Love's salaries are close enough (I forget how much Love gets) it probably could.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Definitely would be worth a 1st round pick. I believe that you're right however and the Lakers can't deal that pick unless they get a 1st round pick back.

Trading the 1st round picks as part of the deal wouldn't be too bad for either team. The T-Wolves are currently sitting in the 10 spot in the West (6 games out of the 8 spot) and the Lakers are likely to have a top 5 or so pick. Seems like a deal that can help both teams.

Yep....under new rules, you can't trade 1st round picks in consecutive years, unless they get a first rounder in return. LA's already traded their 2015 first rounder to PHX.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Lakers, Mavs maneuvering for Kevin Love - CBSSports.com

Lakers and Mavs are trying to get love in a trade.

It has also been stated that Love really wants to be in a major market and LA has been mentioned. It seems the pieces might start falling in place for LA whether they get Love via trade now or maybe in FA.

If I were LA I would prefer to wait and enjoy my draft pick in the '14 draft then sign him as a FA or trade for him next season with every thing but the '14 draft pick and Kobe as pieces willing to part with. I would not put that priority over acquiring him and locking him into a long term deal however. With the health of LA they should be lottery bound no matter when Love is added.

For once BOTSLAYER looks like he is finally sober. Good for you man, now you're making sense. :10:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough sell ultimately lakers can get him in 2015
You're talking about an a whole extra year with a top 5 player. That has to be worth something

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning news for ya

League sources say a three-team deal has also been discussed in which Jeff Teague would end up with the Raptors, while Shumpert gets routed to the Atlanta Hawks and Lowry to the Knicks. Another trade scenario has the Knicks acquiring Teague. Those conversations have only been preliminary.

This might be able to work. I don't really like giving up Teague for Shumpert, though. We would also need some picks. But it could happen.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tough choice. had it been last years 1st round pick where its more like a selection 17 pick I would say do it hands down. fact that it could be a top 5 pick makes it hard to make the deal...they could get their pick and maybe love in 2015. with current state of team not sure they start winning games. if were talking gasol and 1st round pick for love and their pick...I say no.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough choice. had it been last years 1st round pick where its more like a selection 17 pick I would say do it hands down. fact that it could be a top 5 pick makes it hard to make the deal...they could get their pick and maybe love in 2015. with current state of team not sure they start winning games. if were talking gasol and 1st round pick for love and their pick...I say no.

Disagree. Love is a top player and as JD points out "a double-double machine who can shoot the 3 and is only going to be 26". A lot can happen between now and 2015.

It removes Pau's expiring contract for a younger, top level player who has said he wants to be a Laker. I understand how deep the lottery is this year, but we're talking about a known quantity in Love vs. an unknown through the draft.

Plus, the T-Wolves are likely to be in the lottery themselves, so we're really only talking about a few spots in the draft. The Lakers should still be able to get a solid player.

I say that if this deal can happen, do it and then start focusing on FA's for next season and for when Kobe retires.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about an a whole extra year with a top 5 player. That has to be worth something

true. the wolves probably think they can resign him so probably don't make a deal unless they get some rip the other team off deal. hes a good player..not sure im sold on him as top 5. even at PF spot. lamarcus Aldridge to me is a better player but not available so theres that... example is kevin love a clutch player? I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. think hes a good but not great player. a better version of david lee. but really don't see it happening this season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Thornton to Brooklyn for Terry and Evans

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Love is a top player and as JD points out "a double-double machine who can shoot the 3 and is only going to be 26". A lot can happen between now and 2015.

It removes Pau's expiring contract for a younger, top level player who has said he wants to be a Laker. I understand how deep the lottery is this year, but we're talking about a known quantity in Love vs. an unknown through the draft.

Plus, the T-Wolves are likely to be in the lottery themselves, so we're really only talking about a few spots in the draft. The Lakers should still be able to get a solid player.

I say that if this deal can happen, do it and then start focusing on FA's for next season and for when Kobe retires.

EXACTLY. Kevin Love is totally worth it. I think they should do it... but Kobe scares me. He has had issues with other superstars in the past. If he can defer to Klove.. be the #2.. Lakers sign a couple of pieces free agency.. they can be a solid team. i still wouldnt put them in WCF with Love and Kobe. Kobe still is taking to much money.. not worth that amount at this point in his career. that contract will be a noose around the Lakers neck. luckily it is short term.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. the wolves probably think they can resign him so probably don't make a deal unless they get some rip the other team off deal. hes a good player..not sure im sold on him as top 5. even at PF spot. lamarcus Aldridge to me is a better player but not available so theres that... example is kevin love a clutch player? I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. think hes a good but not great player. a better version of david lee. but really don't see it happening this season.
Love is top 5 this year. Probably a top 10 talent going forward just because its hard to say what his stat line would look like if he didn't have to do everything.

According to a podcast I heard last year, Love plays at his 'max speed' more than any other player in the whole league. He is a total effort guy but you wonder how long his prime will be...at least another 5 years but who knows after that. If he is the future of your team, you want to get him ASAP. He is the type of guys other stars will flock to because he gets rebounds and he can spread the floor with a good/great 3pt shot.