• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest 2014 SEC schedules

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Blame King Saban for Bama not being on there. He begged for a 9 game schedule and they wouldn't listen. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Bama? Didn't make the cut

tchangles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has another cakewalk to the CFP

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I need to remind everyone when Saban Scheduled WVU it was just after they beat Clemson n the Orange Bowl by 40 points. And had started the next years off at 5-0 and was blowing everyone out.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has another cakewalk to the CFP

No room to talk you Play in the ACC. And your only competition is Clemson and they are going to probably have a down year this year cause of the offensive weapons they lost.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking bullshit that Bama isn't on this list, we play the goddamn Catamounts for christ sake. I don't see a powerhouse like that on Ar-kansas schedule. Damn piglets.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to what I got.

1. Arkansas
2. South Carolina
3. Tennessee
4. Auburn
5. Kentucky
6. Texas A&M
7. Missouri
8. Ole Miss
9. Florida
10. Georgia

And btw, up to this point, these are all top25 in all of CFB. But a decent drop off in the remaining.

11. Miss St (39)
12. LSU (47)
13. Alabama (62)
14. Vandy (73)

As for Alabama specifically, I think it will rise up a bit over the season. Florida is surely going to be improved, that will help. Arkansas should at least be 6-6 next year. And I guess WVU is a bit of a wildcard. But still, not likely into the top25 overall IMO. LSU will be helped by that as well, with their wildcard being Wisconsin, almost assured to be better than WVU.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking bullshit that Bama isn't on this list, we play the goddamn Catamounts for christ sake. I don't see a powerhouse like that on Ar-kansas schedule. Damn piglets.

Don't forget The Golden Eagles. That should challenge us pretty good.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I got to see WCU last year when they came to MTSU!

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's schedule is easy because they are better than everybody on it.

If you schedule is tough it is because your team sucks donkey balls or you got the SOL cross over games that have the top 3 teams from the other division.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you schedule is tough it is because your team sucks donkey balls or you got the SOL cross over games that have the top 3 teams from the other division.
-
You do realize that has nothing to do with the quality of anybody's SOS, right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there is some truth that people playing Alabama and other good teams by default get some strength. Like Arkansas having to play in conference: Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and whoever they have from the east that might be good.

But sadly, Alabama's schedule can't be attributed to just that. I personally believe these years are this way because just 3 years ago the SEC was giving us a brutal in conference schedule. So these games I believe were meant to offset it. Now the SEC quit allowing everyone to take bye games and crap in front of us, Arkansas got weaker, and so on and we are way down SoS wise as a result.

However, it ain't gonna matter until people take SoS into account more, and with 4 teams being eligible for the playoffs instead of just 2, I don't see how that is going to happen honestly.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These threads get old, but it is a fact beyond argument. The SEC only plays an 8 game IC, not 9 like some conferences do. And out of conference, they play more home games and more games against FCS and other sad sack teams than any other major conference. Last year was an all time low for Alabama, they actually played TWO FCS teams (well technically one was in its first year of FBS, but the team was almost entirely FCS level players). This year, Bama has a cake walk yet again. They don't play a single true road game OOC, only a neutral match in nearby Atlanta where they've played nearly every year, a quick drive up the freeway, while their opponent must travel much further to a venue where they haven't played much at all. Meanwhile, they load up on FCS schools and horrible FBS teams that are bad even in the low end conferences in which they play.

But Bama isn't alone, it is a long followed formula for the SEC. Everyone plays the same 7 conference opponents, a single round robin game against one of the other 6 teams, one decent non conference foe, and then a parade of patty cakes, almost always at home. No top SEC school plays more than 3 or 4 truly challenging road games, and they seldom play road games in unfamiliar stadiums.

And you SEC fans sound silly trying to defend it. It's a fact folks, and claiming otherwise makes you look foolish.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Blame King Saban for Bama not being on there. He begged for a 9 game schedule and they wouldn't listen. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

am i wrong in saying that even once if they ever reach an agreement on a 9th conference game by choice that its most likely a few seasons down the road? much like the big 10 isn't scheduled to being till 2017.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These threads get old, but it is a fact beyond argument. The SEC only plays an 8 game IC, not 9 like some conferences do. And out of conference, they play more home games and more games against FCS and other sad sack teams than any other major conference. Last year was an all time low for Alabama, they actually played TWO FCS teams (well technically one was in its first year of FBS, but the team was almost entirely FCS level players). This year, Bama has a cake walk yet again. They don't play a single true road game OOC, only a neutral match in nearby Atlanta where they've played nearly every year, a quick drive up the freeway, while their opponent must travel much further to a venue where they haven't played much at all. Meanwhile, they load up on FCS schools and horrible FBS teams that are bad even in the low end conferences in which they play.

But Bama isn't alone, it is a long followed formula for the SEC. Everyone plays the same 7 conference opponents, a single round robin game against one of the other 6 teams, one decent non conference foe, and then a parade of patty cakes, almost always at home. No top SEC school plays more than 3 or 4 truly challenging road games, and they seldom play road games in unfamiliar stadiums.

And you SEC fans sound silly trying to defend it. It's a fact folks, and claiming otherwise makes you look foolish.

Didn%27t_read_lul.gif