• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 TV Series Finales

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. King of Queens
4. The Wire
3. The Sopranos
2. Boardwalk Empire
1. Breaking Bad

How about you guys? I know @mr.hockey4242 will have The Shield on his list and @calsnowskier will have Mad Men:D

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the shield is one of the pinnacles of tv in terms of ending a show right.

Loved BB and the Wires finales too.

Those would be my top 3.

Oz and justified both had finales that worked well.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those would be my top 3.

I'm re-watching The Wire with my mom (this is her first viewing). I'm watching Rome and Dexter simultaneously myself. I just finished the pilot to Dexter. Looks very interesting. I love how they don't have Dexter smoking. It seems like every criminal/anti-hero is typecast as a smoker, and it gets old (Jesse, Tony, Danny from Bloodline, Nucky, Don Draper, hell, even Stringer Bell smoked
before he was capped.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Series finales, but season finales...

MLB 2010 season - real drama filled season with a great, emotional climax.

MLB 2012 season - solid season with the mid-season twist of killing off a new major character, only to add some great comic relief to the cast as a replacement. Another amazing, emotional season finale.

MLB 2014 season - a real roller coaster ride of a season. The writing in the face name was a little unbelievable but dramatic none-the-less.

As far as SERIES finales go, in no particular order...

M.A.S.H.
Breaking Bad
Shield
Lost (why did everyone think the writers were going to answer every question about life and Heaven?)
BSG

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those would be my top 3.

I like how they ended Justified.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shield was the best finale of a series I've ever seen, and it's not even close. Six feet under was solid. I'm due for a re-watch of The Wire, I'd assume it would be up there.

Battlestar Galactica!

I keed, I keed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shield was the best finale of a series I've ever seen, and it's not even close. Six feet under was solid. I'm due for a re-watch of The Wire, I'd assume it would be up there.

Battlestar Galactica!

I keed, I keed.
Another finale where I just don't understand the hate. I thought it was rather solid.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another finale where I just don't understand the hate. I thought it was rather solid.

It wasn't as bad as people groused about. But the 'Goddidit/love' ending has never been my favorite.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlestar Galactica!

I keed, I keed.

I haven't seen 6 feet under but that's the show always mentioned with The Shield for greatest finales.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen 6 feet under but that's the show always mentioned with The Shield for greatest finales.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. Pretty soap-opera-ish, and certainly not an action show at all. But the characters are excellent.

I believe the show runner went from that to Showtime's recently concluded 'Banshee,' which is TOTALLY an action show. Speaking of which, it actually had a pretty decent ending too.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the show runner went from that to Showtime's recently concluded 'Banshee,' which is TOTALLY an action show. Speaking of which, it actually had a pretty decent ending too.

He did True Blood too. Which IMO was never really good, but was watchable for a season or two. I couldn't make it through the last few seasons. The first season of Banshee was OK, I liked it well enough. I do not know whether it was just me or if it got better after season 1 but I thought it got really good after that. Like a big violent comic book of a show.

-------------

Breaking Bad - really satisfying last episode
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - violent with deaths but also humor, Buffy's smile when she realizes she is free. Kind of
Justified - good final season, really good last episode. The other quick draw guy was fun to watch
Freaks And Geeks - Nick disco dances, Daniel plays D&D with the geeks and is both good at it and enjoys himself
Parks And Recreation - just a nice happy ending for everyone