• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TOP 3 VAN HALEN SONGS

TOP 3 VAN HALEN SONGS ?

• Everybody Wants Some

• Eruption

• Unchained

• Runnin' With The Devil

• Panama

• Hot For Teacher

• Best of Both Worlds

• Drop Dead Legs

• Ain't talkin' 'Bout Love

• Dance The Night Away

• Jump

• And the Cradle Will Rock

• Beautiful Girls

• Poundcake

• Jamie's Cryin'

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Sammy by himself but you gotta be fucking insane to think Van Halen was better as Van Hagar

EDIT... Maybe insane was too harsh, honestly though all it really means is if you like VH with Sammy more than you do with Diamond Dave you like Pop music more than Rock n Roll.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my favorites

Little Dreamer
Fools
Take Your Whiskey Home
Hear About it Later
Unchained
I'll Wait

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

GTFO!!!

I won't even stoop to that lame ass level to dignify your cluelessness.

:L
Knew you couldn't respond with facts and truth, but I at least expected a mature response. Guess not. And now you're going around BS'ing all my posts? Grow up. But I fully understand why you are utterly incapable of answering my question and instead engage in personal attacks on the messenger a la the liberal playbook when you have nothing for an argument.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew you couldn't respond with facts and truth, but I at least expected a mature response. Guess not. And now you're going around BS'ing all my posts? Grow up. But I fully understand why you are utterly incapable of answering my question and instead engage in personal attacks on the messenger a la the liberal playbook when you have nothing for an argument.

ezgif.com-resize%20%285%29.gif

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most overrated bands in history. Elevator music at best.

Overrated eh. Not big on the Hagar period, but I saw the original line-up of VH, 4, maybe 5 times, and partied with them three times. As far as what I thought they were, which is essentially a good time rock n roll band. They had that pretty well nailed down. As far as after-parties, at least in the late 70s/early, mid 80s, went. It was them and Rick James then everybody else.

In no particular order

Eruption/You Really Got Me - I know its two songs, but I've always considered this as one song.
Ice Cream Man
Beautiful Girls
And The Cradle Will Rock
Mean Streets

Though if I were to have first read this thread two days for now. My choices might be. Unchained, Hot For Teacher, Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now), Dance The Night Away, and Roth's take on Just A Gigolo, and California Girls.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated eh. Not big on the Hagar period, but I saw the original line-up of VH, 4, maybe 5 times, and partied with them three times. As far as what I thought they were, which is essentially a good time rock n roll band. They had that pretty well nailed down. As far as after-parties, at least in the late 70s/early, mid 80s, went. It was them and Rick James then everybody else.

In no particular order

Eruption/You Really Got Me - I know its two songs, but I've always considered this as one song.
Ice Cream Man
Beautiful Girls
And The Cradle Will Rock
Mean Streets

Though if I were to have first read this thread two days for now. My choices might be. Unchained, Hot For Teacher, Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now), Dance The Night Away, and Roth's take on Just A Gigolo, and California Girls.

In no particular order

Ice Cream Man
Beautiful Girls
And The Cradle Will Rock
Mean Streets

Well. don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming that they're bad, just greatly overrated.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and bonus points are hereby awarded because of your attention to this matter while claiming to not care. However, your bonus points are revoked due to your utter inability to fashion a coherent response to a legitimate question and instead engaging in childish ad hominem attacks.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote in the pill at the top, bichiz

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucked up list is fucked up, skewing results. Do you want a top 5 of chartbusters, or radio favorites or what real VH fans like?

Nothing off Diver Down? No Where have all the good times gone, no Secrets, no Full Bug, or Pretty Woman? Pffft

Same for Fair Warning... no Mean Streets, Silver Screen, or So this is Love? Pfft

#1. Eruption/You really got me
#2. Everybody wants Some
#3. Romeo Delight
#4. Mean Street
#5. In a Simple Rhyme

...Ain't talkin 'bout love
Panama
Top Jimmy
I'll Wait
Secrets
Intruder/Pretty Woman

Damn I forgot about Mean Street..... That's one of my top songs by them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Sammy by himself but you gotta be fucking insane to think Van Halen was better as Van Hagar

EDIT... Maybe insane was too harsh, honestly though all it really means is if you like VH with Sammy more than you do with Diamond Dave you like Pop music more than Rock n Roll.

When DLR left VH,I could not listen to them anymore....SH was no showman that's for sure....
DLR had the voice, moves and had an act to go with it.

And DLR by himself was better than the Nickleback bullshit..........

EDT(Cabo Wabo is the only decent song from the SH era)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ain't Talkin About Love
2. Panama
3. Jamie's Crying
4. Running With the Devil
5. Everybody Wants Some

Would have substituted Right Now. Only Van Hagar era song worthy.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? No Gary Cherone songs?