• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TOP 3 VAN HALEN SONGS

TOP 3 VAN HALEN SONGS ?

• Everybody Wants Some

• Eruption

• Unchained

• Runnin' With The Devil

• Panama

• Hot For Teacher

• Best of Both Worlds

• Drop Dead Legs

• Ain't talkin' 'Bout Love

• Dance The Night Away

• Jump

• And the Cradle Will Rock

• Beautiful Girls

• Poundcake

• Jamie's Cryin'

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their songs are SO douchey, esp. the douchebag banter they have within some of their songs.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, just off the top of my head:
This is how you remind me;
Savin me;
Rockstar;
If Everyone Cared;
Photograph.
All are much better than Van Halen's best, but I don't have any idea what would be considered that overrated band's best song.

one of the greatest things about music is that there is so much variety for people to choose from

be happy with the music you choose to listen too

BTW, if you feel so strongly about it, start a poll and see who else agrees with you

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That opening tasty lick that Eddie gives us on "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" is so damn cool, I always crank the stereo when I hear it on the radio

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really REALLY listen to this song...
...the production
...the tight precision
...the sparse yet head-filling mix

...you will realize that it is the best Van Halen song. I used to be an "Unchained" guy, and even a "Loss of Control" guy there for a bit. But since mellowing and being able to appreciate the library as a whole, I will assert that this song is the best by far.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some omissions, but if you want their best song, very few songs get me as hype as Panama

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Paddlefish being a Nickelback fanboy.

VH is by no means, my favorite band, but Nickelback is not even in the same conversation.

Here's a way to tell....40 years from now Van Halen will still be touted as one of the more talented bands ever. One of the top front-men and lead guitarists of all time.

40 years from now, Nickelback, if even remembered, will be as the butt of jokes. Period.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and bonus points are hereby awarded because of your attention to this matter while claiming to not care. However, your bonus points are revoked due to your utter inability to fashion a coherent response to a legitimate question and instead engaging in childish ad hominem attacks.
STFU zit face....and go listen to your precious nickleback. Seems the overwhelming majority totally disagrees with you on this topic. Btw:I voted in the poll, have you?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Paddlefish being a Nickelback fanboy.

VH is by no means, my favorite band, but Nickelback is not even in the same conversation.

Here's a way to tell....40 years from now Van Halen will still be touted as one of the more talented bands ever. One of the top front-men and lead guitarists of all time.

40 years from now, Nickelback, if even remembered, will be as the butt of jokes. Period.
Can't wait til he chimes back in next trying to convince everyone how "great" Coldplay is.
Yeeesh.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, embrace our new Illuminati Overlords!

KIDZBOPELEVENTYBILLONZ~~!!

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and bonus points are hereby awarded because of your attention to this matter while claiming to not care. However, your bonus points are revoked due to your utter inability to fashion a coherent response to a legitimate question and instead engaging in childish ad hominem attacks.
Congrats, you just won an autographed Bieber poster.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, you just won an autographed Bieber poster.
Oh, you don't have to give up one of your beloved posters or photos of your obvious heroine. I just appreciate better music than you.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the 70s, my friends and I would head out to Hollywood and hit places like the Starwood and Gazzarri's. I saw Van Halen a couple of times and was stunned by Eddie's playing. I don't play guitar, but to watch him was something that even a non-instrument playing person could appreciate. The second best thing about the Van Halen shows on the strip was checking out the girls who came to check out David Lee Roth. I didn't think much of him as a singer, but as a front man of a rock and roll band, he could not be matched.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out this letter written by the owner of Gazzarri's, Bill Gazzarri. At the end he references a band name Seagull. I remember seeing those guys all over Southern Cal in the late 70s and early 80s, and my friends and I would say, "They kick ass, but sadly there is already a group called Van Halen out there." They were a four piece outfit--same set up as Van Halen--but I don't think they ever made it beyond the Southern Cal rock scene.
41 Years Ago Today - Van Halen Hits the Sunset Strip!

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the greatest things about music is that there is so much variety for people to choose from

be happy with the music you choose to listen too

BTW, if you feel so strongly about it, start a poll and see who else agrees with you
I agree, but I really don't give a rat's ass about any of this. For some reason, late night the other night I responded by correctly pointing out that Van Halen is overrated. I didn't even claim to be a Nickleback fan, I just correctly pointed out that they had several songs better than Van Halen's best (LOL @ Panama or Hot for Teacher). But it's each individual's taste.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I really don't give a rat's ass about any of this. For some reason, late night the other night I responded by correctly pointing out that Van Halen is overrated. I didn't even claim to be a Nickleback fan, I just correctly pointed out that they had several songs better than Van Halen's best (LOL @ Panama or Hot for Teacher). But it's each individual's taste.

You didn't 'correctly' point out anything...you stated your opinion, an opinion that isn't shared by many people. Nickelback are routinely considered one of the worst rock bands ever - an opinion that I agree with. They have been boo'd off stage. They've had rocks thrown at them for sucking. There were petitions with tens of thousands of people signing up to stop them from playing at a Detroit Lions thanksgiving game. Their music is so unoriginal...the lyrics could be from some 6 year old written on a McDonalds napkin.

Van Halen was a revolutionary band, and served as a template for many other bands and guitarists to emulate. Eddie Van Halen 's influence alone dwarfs anything Nickleback has or will ever achieve.

In short, Van Halen will go down as one of the best hard rock acts of all time, whereas the next time I take a shit, I will see something more important than Nickleback go down the toilet.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Eddie....Valerie was supposed to be mine.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of Nickleback...mainly because of this forum, but I never heard anything they've done.