• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 QBs in the NFL, today

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers defensive DVOA went from 23rd to 2nd in defensive DVOA...

10 wins my ass. I don't think Jackson or Mahomes are worth 8 wins over a replacement QB.

It was meant to be funny. I thought my use of an exclamation point would give that away.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if your serious or making a joke. 248 yards on 27 attempts this week. last week 200 yards on 34 attempts. Here what NFL.com had to say about his game last week:

In an alarming home loss for San Francisco, Jimmy G failed to exploit Atlanta's leaky pass defense. As my QB-watching colleague Dan Parr detailed last week in this space, Garoppolo is a spectacularly efficient downfield thrower who's strangely apprehensive to throw downfield. Against Atlanta, he didn't attempt a single deep shot, failing to register a throw of 20-plus yards for the first time this season. His work at intermediate range -- 1 of 6 for 20 yards, per Next Gen Stats -- was seriously lacking, as well. Basically, the Niners' entire passing "attack" consisted of peppering George Kittle underneath and hoping the tight end would do superhuman things. While Kittle gave a valiant effort, converting 17 targets into 13 catches for 134 yards, this is no way to win the air battle in today's NFL. A suspect secondary must be stretched and severed, not conservatively nibbled at.

He is in the sense that he is willing to take chances. Right before the Falcons game, he passed for over 400 yards against the Saints. The Falcons game was weird. It seemed like Shanahan thought he could get away with a very vanilla game plan.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in the sense that he is willing to take chances. Right before the Falcons game, he passed for over 400 yards against the Saints. The Falcons game was weird. It seemed like Shanahan thought he could get away with a very vanilla game plan.

His box score for the game before the Saints game.

upload_2019-12-22_12-32-55.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His box score for the game before the Saints game.

View attachment 227389

That game was played at a very slow pace, as both teams tried to dominate time of possession. No QB was going to get volume stats in that type of game. And you are omitting that Garoppolo's passer rating in that game was 110.2. You're actually bringing up one of Jimmy's best games of the season, especially when you consider that the Ravens are the best team in the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was played at a very slow pace, as both teams tried to dominate time of possession. No QB was going to get volume stats in that type of game. And you are omitting that Garoppolo's passer rating in that game was 110.2. You're actually bringing up one of Jimmy's best games of the season, especially when you consider that the Ravens are the best team in the NFL.

We aren't going to agree about Jimmy G. He reminds me more of Alex Smith then Brett Favre. However not a large sample size. Lets just see how he does going forward.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to agree about Jimmy G. He reminds me more of Alex Smith then Brett Favre. However not a large sample size. Lets just see how he does going forward.

Ouch. That hurts. LOL. He's not a checkdown guy at all. When he passes short, it's by design.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. That hurts. LOL. He's not a checkdown guy at all. When he passes short, it's by design.
I don't think Harold can be objective on this. But I can't tell since he won't list who he thinks the 10 best QBs are

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harold can be objective on this. But I can't tell since he won't list who he thinks the 10 best QBs are

To be fair, Harold did give a list......Jameis Winston was the #1 ranked QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK by design then, but he's no gunslinger like say Favre was. He has had some big games ( but so did Alex). Guess we need more games to come to a firm conclusion. At 28 he's at his physical peak, but can certainly improve his knowledge going forward to make up for any physical decline that may or may not happen. It's a shame he didn't get a starting gig earlier in his career sort of put him behind others his age.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK by design then, but he's no gunslinger like say Favre was. He has had some big games ( but so did Alex). Guess we need more games to come to a firm conclusion. At 28 he's at his physical peak, but can certainly improve his knowledge going forward to make up for any physical decline that may or may not happen. It's a shame he didn't get a starting gig earlier in his career sort of put him behind others his age.

Favre is one of the most extreme examples, maybe most extreme, of the QB gun slinger. I was exaggerating a bit with my reply to Ricky Roma, but if you had to pick between whether Garoppolo is risk tolerant or risk averse, I think you have to say that he embraces risk. He usually doesn't give up on plays. He'll hang in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and try to make the pass.