• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 QB prospects of past 3 NFL draft classes

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not understanding what I am saying. McNown played those 15 games over his ENTIRE CAREER. Those stats include all of the growth as a quarterback that McNown had over his entire career. Those stats are a finished product. Trubisky amassed his stats in an offense designed to be conservative, on a team not expecting to play him for a year, and in his first year in the league. In order for Trubisky to be equivalent to McNown, he would have to regress, as his rookie stats are clearly better than Mcnowns career stats. He would also have to play only 3 more games his entire career. You using those stats for the sake of this argument show that you’re either trolling or a moron. They don’t even support your comparison ignoring the fact that you’re comparing a players rookie year stats with another players career stats.
i dont think you are understanding what I AM SAYING.

career games:
mncnown - 15
trubisky - 12

growth? mcnown didnt grow. he played 15 games and sucked. he has played THREE more games than trubisky. thats both their careers. trubiskys career is 12 games as we stand. mcnown...15.

similar stats...in fact, mcnown had a better TD%. (3.7 to 2.1)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

career games:
mncnown - 15
trubisky - 12

growth? mcnown didnt grow. he played 15 games and sucked. he has played THREE more games than trubisky. thats both their careers. trubiskys career is 12 games as we stand. mcnown...15.

I think you're seeing too much of the how and not the why. Yes Trubisky's stats are terrible, but being thrown out there in a poorly designed offense in addition to an awful roster on offense severely limits what could be done year 1. If we don't see improvement year 2, then there's more cause for concern.

Wentz and Goff had shitty stats (and performances too for that matter) year 1. Year 2 jumps are a real things. Patience.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're seeing too much of the how and not the why. Yes Trubisky's stats are terrible, but being thrown out there in a poorly designed offense in addition to an awful roster on offense severely limits what could be done year 1. If we don't see improvement year 2, then there's more cause for concern.

Wentz and Goff had shitty stats (and performances too for that matter) year 1. Year 2 jumps are a real things. Patience.
yup, and theres room to improve. i just saw the similarities and went with it.

one year guys like trubisky scare me.

goff was a 3 year starter. he also had jeff fisher in year one, he gets a pass.
wentz was 3 year starter (hurt his last year i think). his rookie year was actually OK IMO. 80 rating. more TD's than picks. nice comp %. good arm. you could see it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, and theres room to improve. i just saw the similarities and went with it.

one year guys like trubisky scare me.

goff was a 3 year starter. he also had jeff fisher in year one, he gets a pass.
wentz was 3 year starter (hurt his last year i think). his rookie year was actually OK IMO. 80 rating. more TD's than picks. nice comp %. good arm. you could see it.
Pederson/Reich is a much better play designer/Mentor situation than Loggains/Fox I would say so it's not surprising Wentz has better stats regardless of his better-ness or not.

Trubisky's arm gets a bad rap, imo. It isn't an outrageous or strong arm like Mahomes and Kizer have, but Trubisky also doesn't have the college pedigree Watson had either. The offensive product the Bears put out there just feeds that perception.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not understanding what I am saying. McNown played those 15 games over his ENTIRE CAREER. Those stats include all of the growth as a quarterback that McNown had over his entire career. Those stats are a finished product. Trubisky amassed his stats in an offense designed to be conservative, on a team not expecting to play him for a year, and in his first year in the league. In order for Trubisky to be equivalent to McNown, he would have to regress, as his rookie stats are clearly better than Mcnowns career stats. He would also have to play only 3 more games his entire career. You using those stats for the sake of this argument show that you’re either trolling or a moron. They don’t even support your comparison ignoring the fact that you’re comparing a players rookie year stats with another players career stats.

He's a fair weather Patriots fan. Ignore him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

career games:
mncnown - 15
trubisky - 12

We will just have to agree to disagree. You can hang onto your flawed statistical comparison, even though Trubiskys stats are still better. We will just have to wait and see who’s right. When I watched Trubisky in every game he played as a pro, I saw a guy who could evade the pass rush, minimized mistakes, and did his job within the offense. Now that he will be throwing to Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, and Taylor Gabriel for a coach known for his offensive accumen, instead of Josh Bellamy, Jarius Wright, and Zach Miller for a head coach who was trying to game manage on offense, he will be much improved. If Trubisky puts the work in this offseason, which I am sure he is, he will look very good next year. And your Cade McNown comparison will look stupid.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to agree to disagree. You can hang onto your flawed statistical comparison, even though Trubiskys stats are still better. We will just have to wait and see who’s right. When I watched Trubisky in every game he played as a pro, I saw a guy who could evade the pass rush, minimized mistakes, and did his job within the offense. Now that he will be throwing to Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, and Taylor Gabriel for a coach known for his offensive accumen, instead of Josh Bellamy, Jarius Wright, and Zach Miller for a head coach who was trying to game manage on offense, he will be much improved. If Trubisky puts the work in this offseason, which I am sure he is, he will look very good next year. And your Cade McNown comparison will look stupid.
i just didnt like what i saw last year.

i saw goff here in foxboro get his ass kicked, but i saw something good. i knew he would progress. same with wentz.

i dont see those traits in trubisky.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they both suck? trubiskys arm doesnt appear to be what it was thought to be IMO, like...mcnown. similar build too.

mcnowns only 15 games (picked 12th)

3-12
54.6%
16 TD
19 picks
124 YPG
67.7 rating

486 yards rushing, 3 TD's, 5.9 per

Trubisky first 12 games (picked 2nd)

4-8
59%
7 TD
7 picks
182 YPG
77.5 rating

248 yards rushing, 2 TD's, 6.0 per
That isn't a very close comparison at all.

Why even post those stats?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen seems like some SJW bitch to me.

Gonna be a short run for him imo.

Would not draft.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't a very close comparison at all.

Why even post those stats?
LOL

do tell.

both bears #1 picks
both QB's
similar build
both can move
both came into the league with less than stellar arms
similar college ratings

numbers aint close eh?

59.4-54.6 = 4.8% comp % differential
starts - 12, 15
TD% 3.1, 2.1
INT% 2.1, 3.7
YPC - 11.1, 11.2
sack % 8.0, 8.6

i see close numbers

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

do tell.

both bears #1 picks
both QB's
similar build
both can move
both came into the league with less than stellar arms
similar college ratings

numbers aint close eh?

59.4-54.6 = 4.8% comp % differential
starts - 12, 15
TD% 3.1, 2.1
INT% 2.1, 3.7
YPC - 11.1, 11.2
sack % 8.0, 8.6

i see close numbers
Weird that you change the numbers you posted.

Almost like it was stupid you did it in the first place.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird that you change the numbers you posted.

Almost like it was stupid you did it in the first place.
what did i change? the stats are there on PFR. i just grabbed more stats to back my argument.

3 of those i listed, i listed already.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is awful