• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 CFB rivalries according to Fox Sports

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air Force-Army-Navy
Air Force-Colorado St
Akron-Kent St
Alabama-Auburn
Alabama-LSU
Arizona-Arizona St
Arkansas-Texas
Arkansas-LSU
Auburn-Georgia
BYU-Utah-Utah St
Cal-Stanford
Cincinnati-Miami (OH)
Cincinnati-Louisville
Clemson-Florida St
Clemson-South Carolina
Colorado-Colorado St
Colorado St-Wyoming
Duke-North Carolina
Florida-Florida St-Miami
Florida-Georgia
Florida-LSU
Florida-Tennessee
Georgia-GA Tech
Illinois-Missouri
Indiana-Purdue
Iowa-Iowa St
Iowa-Nebraska
Kansas-Missouri
Kansas-Kansas St
Kentucky-Louisville
Maryland-Virginia
Marshall-Ohio
Memphis-Vanderbilt
Miami (OH)-Ohio
Michigan-Michigan St
Michigan-Notre Dame
Michigan-Ohio St
Minnesota-Wisconsin
Mississippi St-Ole Miss
Nebraska-Oklahoma
Nevada-UNLV
New Mexico-New Mexico St
North Carolina-NC St
North Carolina-South Carolina
Notre Dame-USC
Oklahoma-Oklahoma St
Oklahoma-Texas
Oregon-Oregon St
Penn St-Pittsburgh-West Virginia
Texas-Texas A&M
UCF-South Florida
UCLA-USC
UConn-UMass
Virginia-VA Tech
VA Tech-West Virginia
Washington-Washington St

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air Force-Army-Navy
Air Force-Colorado St
Akron-Kent St
Alabama-Auburn
Alabama-LSU
Arizona-Arizona St
Arkansas-Texas
Arkansas-LSU
Auburn-Georgia
BYU-Utah-Utah St
Cal-Stanford
Cincinnati-Miami (OH)
Cincinnati-Louisville
Clemson-Florida St
Clemson-South Carolina
Colorado-Colorado St
Colorado St-Wyoming
Duke-North Carolina
Florida-Florida St-Miami
Florida-Georgia
Florida-LSU
Florida-Tennessee
Georgia-GA Tech
Illinois-Missouri
Indiana-Purdue
Iowa-Iowa St
Iowa-Nebraska
Kansas-Missouri
Kansas-Kansas St
Kentucky-Louisville
Maryland-Virginia
Marshall-Ohio
Memphis-Vanderbilt
Miami (OH)-Ohio
Michigan-Michigan St
Michigan-Notre Dame
Michigan-Ohio St
Minnesota-Wisconsin
Mississippi St-Ole Miss
Nebraska-Oklahoma
Nevada-UNLV
New Mexico-New Mexico St
North Carolina-NC St
North Carolina-South Carolina
Notre Dame-USC
Oklahoma-Oklahoma St
Oklahoma-Texas
Oregon-Oregon St
Penn St-Pittsburgh-West Virginia
Texas-Texas A&M
UCF-South Florida
UCLA-USC
UConn-UMass
Virginia-VA Tech
VA Tech-West Virginia
Washington-Washington St

You missed Oregon Washington. Bigger than Oregon Oregon State

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the reason Army/Navy should be # 1.

Those kids don't go into the workforce or to the NFL. They defend our country. You obviously don't understand the significance of that game.
Just because they have different motivations and are also there to defend the country, doesn't make it a good football rivalry. Has a lot of history but lacks what really makes a rivalry. Just me, I find that game entirely uninteresting. It doesn't mean I don't respect the people playing in it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, someone has no sense of history and it isn't @kburjr . Harvard vs. Yale should be on that list as well.
History only goes so far. Great rivalries are a combination of things. History, impact on the national scene, back and forth wins....and I think the best rivalries should have wide-scale interest to more than just fans of the teams playing. IDK, maybe I'm in the minority but I find Harvard V Yale and Army/Navy entirely uninteresting.

UCS vs ND should be on the list over Army/Navy. Just as much history, much better teams, much more of a back and forth and actually interesting to those not involved.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great game and rivalry. <insert rant here about you being a communist heathen...>
It really isn't. It almost never has any national significance, the individual games have almost no significance for either team (like a championship game/bowl game) and it's been 62 years since both teams entered the game ranked in the top 25....

The only thing it has is history.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't. It almost never has any national significance, the individual games have almost no significance for either team (like a championship game/bowl game) and it's been 62 years since both teams entered the game ranked in the top 25....

Sorta like Meechigan?

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta like Meechigan?

Not sorta... exactly like.

giphy.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sorta... exactly like.

giphy.gif
Sorta like Meechigan?
Not really anything remotely similar. Michigan OSU has determined the division winner pretty much ever since Harbaugh arrived. (and Michigan is one of less than 20 teams to have won a national title in the last 25 years).

No one could honestly compare the two, unless they knew they had a losing argument and were going for cheap jabs instead.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, the Iron Bowl should be on top of the list because it is the only rivalry wherein both participants have won at least one natty and played in multiple NCGs in the last decade or so.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the Iron Bowl should be on top of the list because it is the only rivalry wherein both participants have won at least one natty and played in multiple NCGs in the last decade or so.
I don't really care what the order is of the top rivalries, I just don't think Army/Navy is anywhere near the Iron Bowl (for instance). You just can't compare that. It's like people feel guilty NOT putting army/navy on the list because it's somehow an insult to the troops. From a purely CFB perspective, it isn't a great rivalry.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really anything remotely similar. Michigan OSU has determined the division winner pretty much ever since Harbaugh arrived. (and Michigan is one of less than 20 teams to have won a national title in the last 25 years).

No one could honestly compare the two, unless they knew they had a losing argument and were going for cheap jabs instead.

Nobody mentioned THE. So I'm not sure where you are going. The Army - Navy game is a great tradition/rivalry between two service academies. The young men and women who attend these academies sigh up to serve their country. The higher good. We were trying to show you that you were stupid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody mentioned THE. So I'm not sure where you are going. The Army - Navy game is a great tradition/rivalry between two service academies. The young men and women who attend these academies sigh up to serve their country. The higher good. We were trying to show you that you were stupid.
Yup, they sign up to serve their country. That doesn't make the football game a great rivalry. From a purely CFB perspective, it isn't a great rivalry; period. It doesn't hold up to games like the Iron bowl. And I don't think it's somehow disrespectful to the troops to say it isn't a great game and hasn't had any influence on the national landscape in over 60 years.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History only goes so far. Great rivalries are a combination of things. History, impact on the national scene, back and forth wins....and I think the best rivalries should have wide-scale interest to more than just fans of the teams playing. IDK, maybe I'm in the minority but I find Harvard V Yale and Army/Navy entirely uninteresting.

UCS vs ND should be on the list over Army/Navy. Just as much history, much better teams, much more of a back and forth and actually interesting to those not involved.

Yes, you are ... Army vs. Navy, stands on it's own. Harvard vs. Yale has the purity of real student (first) athlete. @nddulac mentioned Lehigh vs. Lafayette and that is a pretty amazing rivalry. All the before mentioned rivalries are not media made, they are rivalries in the purest sense. I am sad that you can't look beyond something for what it is and enjoy it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you are ... Army vs. Navy, stands on it's own. Harvard vs. Yale has the purity of real student (first) athlete. @nddulac mentioned Lehigh vs. Lafayette and that is a pretty amazing rivalry. All the before mentioned rivalries are not media made, they are rivalries in the purest sense. I am sad that you can't look beyond something for what it is and enjoy it.
I tend to watch some of the game but only because it's the last football game of the season and not because it's a compelling story line. And I think that's what it lacks here; a compelling draw beyond being a sport I love. There's no interesting story line in that game other than "look at the history".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's what college football fans are concerned about, for sure.