• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it a couple of times. Ward jumped out of his car on a dark track with all sorts of cars speeding around. That's an invitation for bad things to happen. It is hard to tell of Tony's car was breaking or accelerating. Fishtailing did it for sure. You be the judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE RAN IN FRONT OF A MOVING VEHICLE.

He ran down to the middle of the track. Something that happens in basically EVERY race across the country, multiple times a race.

Do you watch much racing?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your quote disappeared when I hit reply, but Tony wasn't trying to hit him. I don't think at all that Tony is thinking - I'm going to hit/kill this kid. I doubt anything remotely similiar to that came into Tony's mind.

Tony was trying to scare him and/or show that he wasn't happy either. So Tony hits the gas to sling the car out at him. But, he obviously misjudges things and hits him in the process.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, if Tony hit the gas to turn left - how come his car went further to the right instead of the left?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated my opinion on this. But one thing that NASCAR and the other circuits have to do is suspend racers when they pull the same stunts because it happens all the time. It's part of the macho thing of the sport but every circuit has had incidents where drivers get out of their wrecked cars and waved their fists at other drivers under caution. All the people here asking what got into his head to challenge a moving car haven't watched racing because that sort of thing happens all the time.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your quote disappeared when I hit reply, but Tony wasn't trying to hit him. I don't think at all that Tony is thinking - I'm going to hit/kill this kid. I doubt anything remotely similiar to that came into Tony's mind.

Tony was trying to scare him and/or show that he wasn't happy either. So Tony hits the gas to sling the car out at him. But, he obviously misjudges things and hits him in the process.

That's what I think too. Mostly because it is Tony Stewart and he's made his reputation. I mean he did straight up say he was going to 'run over' Matt Kenseth

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, if Tony hit the gas to turn left - how come his car went further to the right instead of the left?

Some people were saying that the body caused the car to lose traction but I don't know. It looks to me like the front wheels actually turn right as he hits the gas

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people were saying that the body caused the car to lose traction but I don't know. It looks to me like the front wheels actually turn right as he hits the gas

Well you have to turn the wheels right when the back end kicks out to maintain control, so the wheels probably did turn right.

Not sure about the body causing the car to lose traction, so I'll refrain judgment there. I contend that he shouldn't have hit the gas to start with, and that hitting the gas had absolutely nothing to do with being able to turn better.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have to turn the wheels right when the back end kicks out to maintain control, so the wheels probably did turn right.

Not sure about the body causing the car to lose traction, so I'll refrain judgment there. I contend that he shouldn't have hit the gas to start with, and that hitting the gas had absolutely nothing to do with being able to turn better.

He probably shouldn't have turned at all, but I can see how that would be an instinct

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're pissed off with another driver, confront him in the pits.

This only serves to remind me of the arcade game "Frogger".

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are multiple amateur videos being looked at by police

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Some of you have got to be fucking kidding me. I'm so sure you understand race cars and the dynamics there of. STFU please.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are getting too emotionally invested in your otherwise existing disdain for Stewart. He may be an asshole and a guy who does dirty things, but in THIS case a hot headed dumbass did something very very stupid that lead to his own death. It's pretty cut and dry folks.

This, plain and simple.

Like I said, I heard about this last night and the story was that some guy challenged Stewart (a known hotheaded asshole) and he killed him for it. Then I watched the video and there's just no evidence of it. We even had a sprint car driver in this thread say that Stewart may have never even seen him.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone said he didn't see him. Doesn't matter. The kid was running AT the car, was nearly clipped by the car in front of him, and was hit by the right rear of the car. He didn't smash him head on.

Wards fault. Period.

YOU AND OTHERS keep saying he ran out in front of cars. WHY??

yes he walked down the track and close to the passing cars but i didn't see him WALK in front of a car. but i cant be 100% sure he didn't either just as you can't. there's something the vid is not telling us, which is very important to know what happened. WHERE TONY'S CAR WAS COMING DOWN THE BACK STRETCH.

Last edited by a moderator:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RABBLE RABBLE PHYSICS RABBLE HOT HEAD RABBLE RABBLE