• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading this thread and it now begins to become more clear how we have so many stupid people winning lawsuits after their own stupidity got themselves or their loved ones hurt or killed.

Just :L

Angry dude chases moving vehicle, gets hit by moving vehicle and it's all the fault of the guy driving the moving vehicle.

Come on people! Use fucking common sense!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a terrible story and very sad but the real question is why was he on the track in the first place?

Because he was in a blind rage and determined to confront Tony Stewart. At least that's how it looks to me.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind can watch that video and come to any other conclusion than the kid did a very, very stupid thing and paid with his life.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading this thread and it now begins to become more clear how we have so many stupid people winning lawsuits after their own stupidity got themselves or their loved ones hurt or killed.

Angry dude chases moving vehicle, gets hit by moving vehicle and it's all the fault of the guy driving the moving vehicle.

Come on people! Use fucking common sense!

I remember an incident where a juvenile made a pole 80'+ long out of bamboo and then used it to touch High Voltage wires. It blew his arm off and San Antonio settled for a little less than a million dollars. It was smh for me.

Given the evidence, it appears to me that Stewart was trying to throw dirt onto the kid and fucked up. Either way, the kid shouldn't have been anywhere near other cars. It's another smh event for me.

I feel for the family, friends and all involved. I completely doubt that Stewart wanted to kill the driver.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was in a blind rage and determined to confront Tony Stewart. At least that's how it looks to me.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind can watch that video and come to any other conclusion than the kid did a very, very stupid thing and paid with his life.
:agree: I used to do SCCA and continue to remember the time when cars were exiting a track in Austin. It was a short track in South Austin, now defunct, and children were playing near the exit. It was lucky that none of them were run over.

Race car drivers and their associates aren't really that smart and when they are high on endorphins it gets worse.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: At worst, Stewart wanted to scare him, not hit him. At best, he saw him at the last second and did what he could to avoid him but the kid had tunnel vision on Stewart's car.

I have friends that are race car drivers and they all think it was your "at worst" case.

I do as well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid didn't throw himself under the wheel. In order for him to get run over, it means that Tony Stewart had to change lines. Or in the case of sprint cars, Tony hit the gas and turned the car sideways which hit the guy. Which Tony had no reason to do since it was under caution.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have friends that are race car drivers and they all think it was your "at worst" case.

I do as well.
Thinking and knowing are two different things.
The kid didn't throw himself under the wheel. In order for him to get run over, it means that Tony Stewart had to change lines. Or in the case of sprint cars, Tony hit the gas and turned the car sideways which hit the guy. Which Tony had no reason to do since it was under caution.

So you are saying that pitman doesn't know what he is talking about when he has actually driven these cars?
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5344008-post182.html
Tony was following the car in front of him that swerved to miss Ward at that time yes Tony STABBED the gas because that is the best way to get a sprint for to turn left. Sprint cars have anywhere from 4-8 inches of stager with the right tire being bigger around, so when you STAB the gas it helps turn the car left.

Combine that with looking earlier in the video and noticing the lines the other cars were taking. Look at the car that passes him just as he walks past his own front wheel. There were two cars on what looked like a higher line than Stewart even was on.

So, we have Tony not on a line that others weren't already taking coming out of a turn combined with an enraged idiot walking briskly down into the middle of the lane going right at his car and Stewart having no choice but to 'stab' the gas in an attempt at the last minute to turn left to avoid him.

Some of you are getting too emotionally invested in your otherwise existing disdain for Stewart. He may be an asshole and a guy who does dirty things, but in THIS case a hot headed dumbass did something very very stupid that lead to his own death. It's pretty cut and dry folks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking and knowing are two different things.

So you are saying that pitman doesn't know what he is talking about when he has actually driven these cars?
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5344008-post182.html

Combine that with looking earlier in the video and noticing the lines the other cars were taking. Look at the car that passes him just as he walks past his own front wheel. There were two cars on what looked like a higher line than Stewart even was on.

So, we have Tony not on a line that others weren't already taking coming out of a turn combined with an enraged idiot walking briskly down into the middle of the lane going right at his car and Stewart having no choice but to 'stab' the gas in an attempt at the last minute to turn left to avoid him.

Some of you are getting too emotionally invested in your otherwise existing disdain for Stewart. He may be an asshole and a guy who does dirty things, but in THIS case a hot headed dumbass did something very very stupid that lead to his own death. It's pretty cut and dry folks.

Only Tony Stewart "knows", but when other drivers think it, then there is a good reason for it.

Yes, pitman is mistaken. He is not taking into account that this was at pace speeds, not race speeds.

I liked Tony Stewart, you'll need to find another logical fallacy to try and spin things with.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm spinning when you are full of conjecture? :lol: Tell yourself whatever you need to.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm spinning when you are full of conjecture? :lol: Tell yourself whatever you need to.

So your position is proven because of what Pitman "thinks", but mine isn't.

Interesting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some footage of sprint cars. Most important thing to look at here is when they are under caution/pacing.

Do you see any cars sideways in those turns? No.

Do you see any cars needing to gas it in order to turn? No.

Why? Because they aren't up to race speed and there isn't a lack of grip.

Even when they do hit the gas do you see them gunning the gas as hard as Tony did? No. Why? Because too much gas equals a loss in traction, not a gain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si0jauhkhME]SPRINT CARS at Lincoln Park Speedway - Massive Crashes and Close Dirt Track Racing - YouTube[/ame]

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some footage of sprint cars. Most important thing to look at here is when they are under caution/pacing.

Do you see any cars sideways in those turns? No.

Do you see any cars needing to gas it in order to turn? No.

Why? Because they aren't up to race speed and there isn't a lack of grip.

Even when they do hit the gas do you see them gunning the gas as hard as Tony did? No. Why? Because too much gas equals a loss in traction, not a gain.

SPRINT CARS at Lincoln Park Speedway - Massive Crashes and Close Dirt Track Racing - YouTube

you need to gas the car to turn sharply... you know like if you are trying to avoid someone who is running in front of you.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't turning the car left throw the back end out to the right....even closer to the kid?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another video, skip to about the 11 minute mark to see them pacing. This video actually features Tony Stewart.

You see them switching lanes and doing other things no problem under pace.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRmZ-aentA]26th Annual Chili Bowl Nationals - 2012 - Tulsa, OK - YouTube[/ame]

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need to gas the car to turn sharply... you know like if you are trying to avoid someone who is running in front of you.

Under pace speeds, no you don't.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't turning the car left throw the back end out to the right....even closer to the kid?

turning right he would have ran straight over him with the front end...

moral of the story don't run in front of a car goin 60 mph on a dirt road

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turning right he would have ran straight over him with the front end...

moral of the story don't run in front of a car goin 60 mph on a dirt road

So you believe the kid threw himself under the wheel?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The standard in civil cases is "more likely than not." What people "think" is everything. I'm not sure where you get this knowing standard. If a jury thinks he went wide on the turn to scare the kid, he's guilty of assault.