• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo is actually very good in the booth.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sharp. Nance seems like an old man at times, trying to keep up with him.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his commentary very much. Certainly doesn't sound like a rookie in the booth

Much better IMO that Aikman

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he definitely gets very excited and gives a pretty interesting insight on what a QB is thinking. He made a comment about Cam running a play that failed and how he should go back to that next series, which I found pretty interesting.

You could also hear him getting antsy when Newton was not rushing as much as he would have liked during the 2 minute drill.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him in there. I'm sure the polished Nance hates having him there, but Tony is like watching the game with your brother in law. He gets excited, he is really knowledgeable, and he sounds like he is having fun.

I figured he would be anti-Eagle last night but sounded more like he was anti-Panther
It seems to me that Jim Nance is really enjoying this. The two of them appear to be having lots of laughs and friendly banter back and forth.
As for the excitement thing, I don't get the beef from a lot of the posters on here. It's like nobody remembers Madden. Honestly, it's far better than some of the robotic crap we've been getting the last few years.
Gruden being the exception, of course. The problem with Gruden isn't the excitement. It's the constant nut hugging of every QB on the planet. I thought would be the case for Tony but he has been really good at identifying all the players in all 3 phases. He is also very knowledgeable on the defensive side of the ball which has impressed me. His insight on blitz packages and where and how to beat them was top-notch last night. Also calling when they are faking the blitz and dropping out. It's like he is reading the DC's mind.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Romo had a better team of announcers around him he would win announcer of the year and be in the announcing Hall of Fame.:thumb:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that Jim Nance is really enjoying this. The two of them appear to be having lots of laughs and friendly banter back and forth.
As for the excitement thing, I don't get the beef from a lot of the posters on here. It's like nobody remembers Madden. Honestly, it's far better than some of the robotic crap we've been getting the last few years.
Gruden being the exception, of course. The problem with Gruden isn't the excitement. It's the constant nut hugging of every QB on the planet. I thought would be the case for Tony but he has been really good at identifying all the players in all 3 phases. He is also very knowledgeable on the defensive side of the ball which has impressed me. His insight on blitz packages and where and how to beat them was top-notch last night. Also calling when they are faking the blitz and dropping out. It's like he is reading the DC's mind.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is getting better with names. Early in the yr, he would call the 3rd and 4rth WRs by their number instead of their name. He occasionally will go into Nantz's call, but he seemed to correct that last night. If they leave him alone, he will be really good. He has that quick wit about him too. When Nantz said last pass last night vs the Eagles, he responded or is it LOL.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It painful to admit for me,

but among the TV announcers, both Romo and Daryl Johnston are among the best - even though Romo has not the best voice IMHO. I initially liked Aikman, but IMO he has gone downhill, fast. Gruden can be very annoying as well.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but among the TV announcers, both Romo and Daryl Johnston are among the best - even though Romo has not the best voice IMHO. I initially liked Aikman, but IMO he has gone downhill, fast. Gruden can be very annoying as well.

He sure loved him some Wentz and Fletcher Cox

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure loved him some Wentz and Fletcher Cox

Who?

Romo? Sure did... the way they have played recently, and especially how Cox played last night they deserve it. But yeah... still, him loving Wentz and Cox does not take away from him being a former 'Poke.

What little extra credit Gruden might get as a former Eagles coordinator does not even come close to offsetting how annoying he can be in the booth. Have to give credit where credit is due (both positive and negative).

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him. He was a bit uppity the first few games. He has toned it down quite a bit.

I found it pretty funny when Nance was talking about Romo's last TD pass and Romo said "Was that my last TD pass?"
Got a good chuckle out of that one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Romo? Sure did... the way they have played recently, and especially how Cox played last night they deserve it. But yeah... still, him loving Wentz and Cox does not take away from him being a former 'Poke.

What little extra credit Gruden might get as a former Eagles coordinator does not even come close to offsetting how annoying he can be in the booth. Have to give credit where credit is due (both positive and negative).

I agree. The play where Cox hit Cams arm- Romo saw it all the way. I was watching the DEs crash. I didn't think he would take any negative shots at them. Now he never mentioned Hicks, who once knocked him out for 6-8 weeks, but he did remind everyone that Darby will be back and the Eagles D will be even better.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo talks too much, but knows what defenses are doing

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him in there. I'm sure the polished Nance hates having him there, but Tony is like watching the game with your brother in law. He gets excited, he is really knowledgeable, and he sounds like he is having fun.

I figured he would be anti-Eagle last night but sounded more like he was anti-Panther
I heard Nantz actually asked to be partners with Romo.

They've been golfing buddies for awhile.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moose is such an offensive blocking lackey though.

Never have seen a holding call he agrees with.

I don't need to hear the game thru the eyes of a fullback.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think by and large Romo is neutral, and so is Johnston. Which is one of the major differences with Aikman. And not sure where I should put Gruden. He regularly annoys me to the point that I do not even notice any potential bias.