• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonight was another example(regarding Cuse)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what do I make of these guys come March? They are #1, undefeated but play just about every game close. As Boeheim said they could literally have 7 or 8 losses right now.

But for some reason they win. That defense is awesome. They have a great rotation but short rotation.

The players complement each other perfectly but they don't score a ton and every game is close.

I've mentioned this a bit in threads throughout the year and today's game on the heels of the Pitt game got me to finally pop the question.

How good are they? Jonvi and cuse boys feel free to chime in too.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's always something to be said for finding ways to win close games. I do wonder if they'll eventually run out of magic come the NCAA tournament, but I'll keep going with the hot hand. If they will lose it will be because they get into foul trouble, or lose their legs. I don't they'd lose Thursday/Friday, but I think they'd be in danger on Saturday/Sunday, whenever they play.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati is the same kind of team. Makes for exciting games, though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's always something to be said for finding ways to win close games. I do wonder if they'll eventually run out of magic come the NCAA tournament, but I'll keep going with the hot hand. If they will lose it will be because they get into foul trouble, or lose their legs. I don't they'd lose Thursday/Friday, but I think they'd be in danger on Saturday/Sunday, whenever they play.

Yeah that's what I'm saying they clearly have a knack for knowing how to close out games and not folding under pressure. That experience is huge come march. But the fact that so many games are close some against none tourney teams then its like can it hold up?

It's crazy what Ennis does under 5 min in 1 possession games(not sure of his numbers tonight in that but entering tonight crazy).

Idk we'll see. I still think they could really use Grant to become a consistent guy to get big buckets but they got pretty much 1 of every kind of player you look for in a team.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what I'm saying they clearly have a knack for knowing how to close out games and not folding under pressure. That experience is huge come march. But the fact that so many games are close some against none tourney teams then its like can it hold up?

It's crazy what Ennis does under 5 min in 1 possession games(not sure of his numbers tonight in that but entering tonight crazy).

Idk we'll see. I still think they could really use Grant to become a consistent guy to get big buckets but they got pretty much 1 of every kind of player you look for in a team.

Sean Kilpatrick for UC does the same thing. Often times scoring 10 points in the final 5 minutes.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing about AZ. And they are certainly close to still being undefeated also. But they aren't. Luck runs out eventually. Not sure how to feel about it. Can't knock the hustle, but it's just a dangerous way to live.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday will be very interesting. I still think that zone will be their downfall against a top shooting team.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU played turrable. NC State could have very well won this one.

I have to believe the grind of the season is catching up. Ennis played poorly. CJ was not Mr. consistent tonight.

The injury to Keita on top of Coleman is a lot to overcome. There are examples of teams all over that were missing players and lost games...Florida, MSU, AZ...all suffered losses while players were out.

The positive for SU is they seem to pull it out regardless of playing with 6.

IMO once Keita is able to log healthy minutes, SU will be ok again. SU has 7 good players JB is willing to play right now. As long as those 7 are healthy, SU will be tough to deal with.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn on this one....

On one hand, I think it is great for a team to suffer a loss BEFORE the tourney... brings them back down to earth and helps make them tougher. We have seen too many times a team dominate early and start to get tested only to lose a game in the NCAA way to early.

But... this season, I don't see any ultra dominate teams out there so who knows.... a lot of injuries.. some parity.. and a few teams like Kansas and Kentucky that could beat anyone on a given night.. so who knows.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were probably just tired like UC was when they lost to SMU. The home court helped them pull it out, though.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were probably just tired like UC was when they lost to SMU. The home court helped them pull it out, though.

The crowd helped...and yeah..I though SU got some home cooking. To get through the season, you need some of that too. :nod:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense and shooting for Syracuse this year has been terrible but the zone and there defense is why they are winning games. Ennis needs to be more aggressive. Fair has to take the ball inside and Rak needs more touches inside as well. Id like J.B. to play Roberson more but it is what it is. There undefeated but could lose in the 2nd round or win it all. There isnt any great teams this year and they have as good of chance as anyone to cut down the nets.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday will be very interesting. I still think that zone will be their downfall against a top shooting team.

J.B. has been teaching zone for how many years and over 900 wins? The offense would be there downfall not there defense.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss playing the Cuse. Rumor here in Cincy is Mick Cronin is about to get a big contract extension (well deserved). It would have been fun to see these 2 teams go head to head a couple times a season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense and shooting for Syracuse this year has been terrible but the zone and there defense is why they are winning games. Ennis needs to be more aggressive. Fair has to take the ball inside and Rak needs more touches inside as well. Id like J.B. to play Roberson more but it is what it is. There undefeated but could lose in the 2nd round or win it all. There isnt any great teams this year and they have as good of chance as anyone to cut down the nets.

Excellent post. And this was the point of my post. Wanted to see what Cuse fans though. They have every kind of player a team could want. Floor general, sniper, scorer who can go off the bounce, freakishly athletic player(grant) and a solid center. Now injuries make the rotation even smaller but they know their strengths and use their length(no rhyme intended)

but they seem like a team that could be knocked off really early as well.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, at one time we all thought that Syracuse and Arizona had separated themselves from the rest. seems to me there are some new sheriffs in town and they are Duke and Florida...and Michigan State is looking in as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, at one time we all thought that Syracuse and Arizona had separated themselves from the rest. seems to me there are some new sheriffs in town and they are Duke and Florida...and Michigan State is looking in as well.

I picked florida to win the title before the season but the gators are a bit like wichita st for me.vi know theyre damn good bit its tough to get to excited about them who they play

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
props to the Orange...
even when they've sucked,
they've sucked just a bit less than their opponents.

the Madness is going to be high density this year.
how many teams have been ranked #1 this season? four? (UK, MSU, ZONA and CUSE?)
how many teams have been in & out of the top-10 this season? eleventy-seven?
so, while only a few teams have sat the chair, there are any number of capable teams sitting at the table...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked florida to win the title before the season but the gators are a bit like wichita st for me.vi know theyre damn good bit its tough to get to excited about them who they play

Nice hedge on your bets;;;;;you pick Florida to win, but they play no body...You get to win either way...:lame:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hedge on your bets;;;;;you pick Florida to win, but they play no body...You get to win either way...:lame:

Nah, not hedging. Just not excited about what theyve done so far. Their 2 best wins are over two teams in uk and ku that javent really lived up to their expectations. Doesnt mean I dont think florida cant win the title. Like I said, my feelings on uf most closely resemble my feelings on wichita but I think they can win the title as well