• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomas Signs with DBacks

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheaper than the $100M prediction. M's lose another option...and somehow I am still surprised after all these years.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got it figured out now and Im really glad I didn't come back in the summer during their run because I doubted them then and this office makes me doubt again. Almost every offensive option is off the table. As for how free agents, Cruz is your last hope. Enough messing around and lets sign him. It might make other moves easier with people not thinking we're desperate for a RH bat when we just signed one.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because we didn't sign the bats available doesn't mean that there was much available to begin with. Most on here didn't want Hanley, we didn't need Sandoval, V-Mart would have been nice (not gonna lie) but he is up there in age, and these Cuban guy's are more wild cards than anyone available in free agency. I say give it until after the winter meetings next week before you step off of the ledge because by this time next week we may have signed Nelson or traded for Cespedes while sneaking up and signing Lester in place of Kuma who would go in a Cespedes deal. Is that highly unlikely, YES. Is it still possible, YES. Hold out hope fellas, the offseason isn't done yet.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of waiting for the winter meetings have been done for years with all the technology of communicating these days. To say we didn't need any of the free agent hitters that have already signed, despite the fans opinions if they wanted or not, is just wrong. A team at the bottom of the hitting spectrum could use any and all hitters that have a better track record of what we currently have...and that pretty much includes any and all available hitters.

Sure we can wait and try to pick up more bargain basement deals because that has worked so well in the past. Of course we all do understand the laws of supply and demand, right? Less demand, more it costs even for the bargain basement guys.

Oh well. There is always next off season. :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup which means one add for one subtract. hard to become and stay competitive that way.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine with trades to acquire talent you need in general. it's hard to find a competitive team that doesn't rely on strategic trades just as much as they rely on FA signing and farm building to be perennially in the mix.

as i've said many times before, z doing it is just always scary. would rather have seen the m's overpay to entice FA bats to come here. but i don't believe in magic 2 years in a row.

prove me wrong nintendo!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine with trades to acquire talent you need in general. it's hard to find a competitive team that doesn't rely on strategic trades just as much as they rely on FA signing and farm building to be perennially in the mix.

as i've said many times before, z doing it is just always scary. would rather have seen the m's overpay to entice FA bats to come here. but i don't believe in magic 2 years in a row.

prove me wrong nintendo!

Let me guess ms were in on talks and put out a big offer....standard protocal.... Pwthetic organization

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of waiting for the winter meetings have been done for years with all the technology of communicating these days. To say we didn't need any of the free agent hitters that have already signed, despite the fans opinions if they wanted or not, is just wrong. A team at the bottom of the hitting spectrum could use any and all hitters that have a better track record of what we currently have...and that pretty much includes any and all available hitters.

Sure we can wait and try to pick up more bargain basement deals because that has worked so well in the past. Of course we all do understand the laws of supply and demand, right? Less demand, more it costs even for the bargain basement guys.

Oh well. There is always next off season. :suds:

I don't know man, although I can't argue with any of your points, I am still holding out Winter Meeting hopes. I like the prospects of a Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Yoenis Cespedis, or John Lester addition. Does it happen, not sure. What I can say is that of the guy's that have signed, I like the prospects of these over them and these are still available. Once these guys are tied up, we have a problem, until then............get your turkey ready and watch them Hawks dominate :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on to plans h, i, j

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man, although I can't argue with any of your points, I am still holding out Winter Meeting hopes. I like the prospects of a Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Yoenis Cespedis, or John Lester addition. Does it happen, not sure. What I can say is that of the guy's that have signed, I like the prospects of these over them and these are still available. Once these guys are tied up, we have a problem, until then............get your turkey ready and watch them Hawks dominate :suds:

I am actually scared we get Cruz. I like the other 3 for sure and would also like Napoli or Gattis. I agree there are others still out there, but just get tired of watching other teams do what we should be doing. Whether you like the ones that signed, they are at the top of the free agent list for a reason. I would take 3 lower level hitters in the place of one real big one but I hate trading what little we have to get one. At some point we just need to add talent w/o giving away talent to get it.

Hawks beating the 49ers would help me forget about M's for at least a good week. A loss of course....well let's not even think of that happening. :suds:

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because we didn't sign the bats available doesn't mean that there was much available to begin with. Most on here didn't want Hanley, we didn't need Sandoval, V-Mart would have been nice (not gonna lie) but he is up there in age, and these Cuban guy's are more wild cards than anyone available in free agency. I say give it until after the winter meetings next week before you step off of the ledge because by this time next week we may have signed Nelson or traded for Cespedes while sneaking up and signing Lester in place of Kuma who would go in a Cespedes deal. Is that highly unlikely, YES. Is it still possible, YES. Hold out hope fellas, the offseason isn't done yet.
That's just it...they're "waiting" again so they can feed us the same garbage. M's had their chance to sign a 24 yr old possible future star. I can see being hesitant but this is just getting ridiculous. There's nothing to wait for and it's just going to hurt them the longer they wait. The stupid thing is that we need TWO bats but they're so lazy we can't even get ONE.:lame:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually scared we get Cruz. I like the other 3 for sure and would also like Napoli or Gattis. I agree there are others still out there, but just get tired of watching other teams do what we should be doing. Whether you like the ones that signed, they are at the top of the free agent list for a reason. I would take 3 lower level hitters in the place of one real big one but I hate trading what little we have to get one. At some point we just need to add talent w/o giving away talent to get it.

Hawks beating the 49ers would help me forget about M's for at least a good week. A loss of course....well let's not even think of that happening. :suds:

Agreed, i dont like trading kuma....cause as it sits now that means erasmo is your Five,,,,,,we need to add talent not just rearrange it.....were not a small market

On mlb net last night they mentioned how were top five in tv deals but were only 20 in payroll.................................

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seriously messed up not trying to get this guy to come to Seattle. If they don't want an old player on the decline then grab one that may flourish to be a star. You would think after seeing the other Cubans make names for themselves we would jump in on the mix.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix, cano and seags are in their prime.... The next two years are our window to win the world series...in order to do that they need to sign some bats......

They wont...

Whos this years cory hart, morse, bradley, everett etc......

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos this years cory hart, morse, bradley, everett etc......

Amen!!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, i dont like trading kuma....cause as it sits now that means erasmo is your Five,,,,,,we need to add talent not just rearrange it.....were not a small market

On mlb net last night they mentioned how were top five in tv deals but were only 20 in payroll.................................

My thoughts, but better written. :suds:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts, but better written. :suds:

Heres to the hawks tomorrow. We can worry about the mariners next week. Happy turkey day buddy

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You as well. :suds: