• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady set to serve suspension, report indicates Peyton Manning leadership impossible to replace

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supreme Court will over turn the suspension because we all know Tom Brady is a winner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another day, another Tom Brady thread...

o26p2qgrgc84wyT4qLx-o.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't replace Manning's leadership... Broncos fans just have to remember the post Manning era and how difficult it is to find a good QB... Broncos still had some decent teams but the lack of a big time leader kept them from reaching the promise land... Once Manning showed up it changed all of that quickly...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer has to start these because Rock quit and other Pat fans didn't pick up his slack.
Hammer has to start these so he can eat. Moms rent ain't cheap.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't replace Manning's leadership... Broncos fans just have to remember the post Manning era and how difficult it is to find a good QB... Broncos still had some decent teams but the lack of a big time leader kept them from reaching the promise land... Once Manning showed up it changed all of that quickly...

Tebow was their best QB since Elway

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was their best QB since Elway
You only think that because Tebow is the only qb Brady can beat in Denver.

Well, Tebow and Danny Kanell, anyway.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only think that because Tebow is the only qb Brady can beat in Denver.

Well, Tebow and Danny Kanell, anyway.

Did they play a game in Denver? I only remember the playoff game at Gillette. Brady couldn't beat Pat Bowlen's wife if the game is in Denver, Griese, Orton etc all won

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they play a game in Denver? I only remember the playoff game at Gillette. Brady couldn't beat Pat Bowlen's wife if the game is in Denver, Griese, Orton etc all won
Who, Tebow or Kanell? You beat Tebow in 2011 to end the 6 game Tebowmania winning streak. Kanell was 2003, he was third string but both Plummer and Steve Beuerlein were hurt. It was a Monday night game, and Belichick took an intentional safety rather than punt from the end zone. Worked, because the Broncos went 3 and out and Brady took the Patriots on a game winning touchdown drive.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, Tebow or Kanell? You beat Tebow in 2011 to end the 6 game Tebowmania winning streak. Kanell was 2003, he was third string but both Plummer and Steve Beuerlein were hurt. It was a Monday night game, and Belichick took an intentional safety rather than punt from the end zone. Worked, because the Broncos went 3 and out and Brady took the Patriots on a game winning touchdown drive.

I meant Tebow and forgot that Tebowmania 6 game win streak. He took over an 1-4 team from Orton and advanced into the second round beating Pitt. If Tebow had last year's Bronco's D , sky would have been the limit. But then again you guys won it all, so no sense reflecting

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer is just trying to goad Brady into sitting on his face Peyton style.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why Peyton's leadership cannot be replaced.....
It was replaced with potato salad in an earlier post!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying that Manning wasn't a huge part of what changed the Broncos but the change for the organization started before him when Elway came back to run the team. They were coming off their worst season in franchise history, fired the HC before the season ended, and were considered one of the most void teams of talent before the 2011 season. In comes Elway and year one the team goes out and wins the division and even wins a playoff game they were expected to get crushed in.

I would also add that while Manning has been a huge leader I would say that DeMarcus Ware has been a bigger voice for the team since joining. Manning is more of an X's and O's demanding perfection from those around him where Ware is more the heart and soul type leader where he really pours time and energy into the players off the football field. Really I don't think Von Miller is the player that he is without Ware having joined the team. Miller was coming off a suspension and ACL tear the year before where some were calling for him to be cut or traded and that he was heading down the path of Aldon Smith. In comes Ware and he really devoted a lot of time to being with Von and helping him really clean up his life.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that Manning wasn't a huge part of what changed the Broncos but the change for the organization started before him when Elway came back to run the team. They were coming off their worst season in franchise history, fired the HC before the season ended, and were considered one of the most void teams of talent before the 2011 season. In comes Elway and year one the team goes out and wins the division and even wins a playoff game they were expected to get crushed in.

I would also add that while Manning has been a huge leader I would say that DeMarcus Ware has been a bigger voice for the team since joining. Manning is more of an X's and O's demanding perfection from those around him where Ware is more the heart and soul type leader where he really pours time and energy into the players off the football field. Really I don't think Von Miller is the player that he is without Ware having joined the team. Miller was coming off a suspension and ACL tear the year before where some were calling for him to be cut or traded and that he was heading down the path of Aldon Smith. In comes Ware and he really devoted a lot of time to being with Von and helping him really clean up his life.

"Manning is more of an X's and O's demanding perfection" .... That is where Manning is like a coach on the field... He does a great job holding players accountable ... He's always prepared win or lose... It's tough to replace that kinda leadership on the field...Every year Manning was in Denver he gave you guy's a chance to win a Super-Bowl ... That's just the type of leadership he brings... I think you guy's will still be a good team with that solid defense, but it's not gonna be as smooth a ride without Manning... Expect some bumps

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Manning is more of an X's and O's demanding perfection" .... That is where Manning is like a coach on the field... He does a great job holding players accountable ... He's always prepared win or lose... It's tough to replace that kinda leadership on the field...Every year Manning was in Denver he gave you guy's a chance to win a Super-Bowl ... That's just the type of leadership he brings... I think you guy's will still be a good team with that solid defense, but it's not gonna be as smooth a ride without Manning... Expect some bumps

Oh I agree. I'm not trying to undersell what Manning brought to the team. I just think the team was much more than just Manning and what he brought to the organization. To me the true leader of the entire organization is that of John Elway. When the team lost 43-8 in the Super Bowl instead of just being ok with losing the Super Bowl he was ticked beyond belief that the team failed like they did and set out to completely revamp the defense. He saw first hand what an intimidating defense can do and went out and got the pieces to build just that. He had told Manning that by coming to the Broncos that he would make sure Manning didn't have to fully carry the team in order for them to win. Well we saw this past year that he meant it as Manning while being a leader was a terrible player on the field and the offense for the most part was down right terrible. Yet he was still able to win his 2nd Super Bowl not really because of him on the field but because of those around him.

Now I do think the demands of Manning rubbed off on the players. They paid attention in the meetings, they worked hard in the off season, and no player got the type of attention he did when he spoke. He will definitely be missed but I also do think a lot of the veterans have learned from that and have demanded that same level. There was a player in OTA's that was new to the team and was going a bit slower than the rest of the guys. Derek Wolfe went and got in the guys face and told him good luck elsewhere because that type of crap will not be tolerated on this team. Manning was the same way in OTA's when most are going half speed anyway. So I do think that legacy of striving for perfection has really rubbed off. Doesn't mean there won't be a drop off but I still think there are plenty of vocal leaders in this locker room.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. I'm not trying to undersell what Manning brought to the team. I just think the team was much more than just Manning and what he brought to the organization. To me the true leader of the entire organization is that of John Elway. When the team lost 43-8 in the Super Bowl instead of just being ok with losing the Super Bowl he was ticked beyond belief that the team failed like they did and set out to completely revamp the defense. He saw first hand what an intimidating defense can do and went out and got the pieces to build just that. He had told Manning that by coming to the Broncos that he would make sure Manning didn't have to fully carry the team in order for them to win. Well we saw this past year that he meant it as Manning while being a leader was a terrible player on the field and the offense for the most part was down right terrible. Yet he was still able to win his 2nd Super Bowl not really because of him on the field but because of those around him.

Now I do think the demands of Manning rubbed off on the players. They paid attention in the meetings, they worked hard in the off season, and no player got the type of attention he did when he spoke. He will definitely be missed but I also do think a lot of the veterans have learned from that and have demanded that same level. There was a player in OTA's that was new to the team and was going a bit slower than the rest of the guys. Derek Wolfe went and got in the guys face and told him good luck elsewhere because that type of crap will not be tolerated on this team. Manning was the same way in OTA's when most are going half speed anyway. So I do think that legacy of striving for perfection has really rubbed off. Doesn't mean there won't be a drop off but I still think there are plenty of vocal leaders in this locker room.

No doubt Elway knows what he's doing ... He's a good GM ... And yeah, Manning lost some arm strength but he made it up with smarts, he did exactly what was needed in the post season... Made some key big time play's also, even though his number's weren't great, his timing with some big play's was critical and he limited dumb mistakes... Coach Kubiak made the right call going back to him for the post season...