• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady had absolutely nothing to do with this win.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva throw by Brady to clinch that victory. The way he bounced that throw off the KC defender was magical.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva throw by Brady to clinch that victory. The way he bounced that throw off the KC defender was magical.

When that happened, I just shook my head. The Patriots clearly made a deal with the devil.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When that happened, I just shook my head. The Patriots clearly made a deal with the devil.

Andy Reid clearly hasn't, but needs to.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a split second I thought maybe we had just gotten a miracle to go our way- nope.

You still would have needed to get the TD but, sure, luck is most definitely a factor in these games... It happened too quickly other then for Patriots fans to breath a sigh of relief.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he is a game manager. Only led the NFL with Td's and almost another 5k season, despite handing ball off last game vs your team. First game manager with 50 td's and only 2 QB's ever with 3 seasons of 4800+ yards, him and Brees. he can't compete with the ballers like Manning and Favre guys are awesome

Maybe we can trade for Alex Smith in the off-season.

(Honestly, Smith played pretty well even if his weaknesses were exposed. I can't say how many times he escaped a score of Patriots defenders trying to tackle him)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and NE were really, really similar. The big difference in the game was that while Brady and Alex Smith were both smart enough to figure out what the other teams defense was doing, Brady was able to make all of the throws. In particular, Alex Smith missed a couple of balls to Kelce high in the endzone.

The other difference was that KC had a chance at a couple of turnover and didnt get them. Thats a little bit of luck. But Brady made some great throws against a defense that is designed to stop TEs, rush the QB and create turnovers. Brady also made some good movement in the pocket to avoid a couple of sacks. Maybe if Marcus Peters wasn't a rookie then maybe the game is closer there but the way Brady carved through the defense on the first drive and the fact that the D baited him into scrambling for a TD and he ran it to the 1/2 yd line...Brady is just too good for a team without a top 3 QB to beat. You get the feeling that if the Chiefs found a way to tie it up that Brady would've just gotten the ball back, drove 50yds and gotten a game winning FG.

The fact is that Brady beat the hottest defense in football, probably top 5-8 overall, and did it with scrub running backs and an average receiving corp with only 1 elite weapon really should impress people.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the Patriots do, it works very well. Kudos to Brady for having the greatest QB career in NFL history, but I just think there are more talented QBs. I don't really see how you can argue that. Same goes for Montana.

Marino will always be known one of the best pure passers in the league but I think you under-estimate some of the other QBs

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can trade for Alex Smith in the off-season.

(Honestly, Smith played pretty well even if his weaknesses were exposed. I can't say how many times he escaped a score of Patriots defenders trying to tackle him)

What weaknesses? The guy doesn't have the weapons to throw to. He is pretty mistake free and has great wheels

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What weaknesses? The guy doesn't have the weapons to throw to. He is pretty mistake free and has great wheels
He played fairly well for sure but the whole 'KC's offense is bad' narrative seems like the wrong way to view things. Denver, Carolina and Seattle in theory dont pose any more of an offensive challenge and a banged up Pitt might actually be much worse than expected. The only guaranteed commodity on offense left is Arizona.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played fairly well for sure but the whole 'KC's offense is bad' narrative seems like the wrong way to view things. Denver, Carolina and Seattle in theory dont pose any more of an offensive challenge and a banged up Pitt might actually be much worse than expected. The only guaranteed commodity on offense left is Arizona.

I disagree about Denver except in the QB dept. Still have D Thomas and Sanders , Vernon and Daniels are good TE's and Hillman and Anderson can have big games

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and NE were really, really similar. The big difference in the game was that while Brady and Alex Smith were both smart enough to figure out what the other teams defense was doing, Brady was able to make all of the throws. In particular, Alex Smith missed a couple of balls to Kelce high in the endzone.
NE put the pressure on Alex and made him do what he will do in those situations - throw it long.
He does not like "taking a shot" throw it where nobody can intercept.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both to Gronk. Almost 2/3's of the yards went to him and Edelman. Brady knows how to utilize his weapons, I'll give him that.
Your problem is lack of knowledge. I'm not saying your dumb. It's you're stuck watching too many Phin games. Here is a little clue for you. Most teams that consistently win have a dominant WR, TE, and/or RB that account for the majority of that teams scoring. It's not your fault chances are you weren't alive to watch the Dolphins with Marino, Duper & Clayton. That's actually an unfair anology considering they couldn't the big game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way about Joe Montana. Played on the some of the best teams ever and had plenty of surrounding weapons to throw to. Accomplishments are great and all and that's what makes them better on all time lists, but that doesn't make them a better athlete at QB than Marino and Manning were.
I for one could care less how good an athlete he is, or if he is a game manager. I'll just have to settle for the 4 rings he and the Pats brought to NE. Because no matter how much you want to troll Sparky, football is a team sport.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams that consistently win have a dominant WR, TE, and/or RB that account for the majority of that teams scoring.

You really think I'm that serious about this man? You know I like to mess with you guys. Look. Here is my actualy 100% legit opinion that I will defend:

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. But, that doesn't change the facts that there are and have been QBs that are more equipped with talent to be successful. People like Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers for example. They aren't better overall QBs, but they are more equipped with talent. I have learned over the years, that talent doesn't win games. Brady is the ultimate example of this. He's easily the smartest QB we've ever seen.

That's about it.