• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Serena Williams" Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Which one is the female?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Serena would win a few games, but also agree not worth getting too much into until it's official.

I'd rather see a contrast of styles with a Serena match vs. a Men's player, so maybe a poorer server like Ferrer. Although I could see Serena struggling to win a point vs. Ferrer, too much running.

Maybe Serena vs. Tipsarevic or Gasquet.

If I were to see Serena vs. a top server, how about Serena vs. Janowicz? Just to see how they return each other.

Or Serena vs. Isner.

lol

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray actually tried (which he won't) it would be a shitshow of epic proportions. As in, Serena would be lucky to take five points in a set. I can't imagine Serena is any better than that guy from Luxembourg that Murray triple bageled in Davis Cup.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think Serena can compete with the top 5-6 players. But after that, I think depending on matchups, I think it could be good. At least I think Serena could win a game or two. I think a slower but good player, maybe someone like Cilic or Isner, or Baghdatis, could be good. Maybe Youzhny.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think Serena can compete with the top 5-6 players. But after that, I think depending on matchups, I think it could be good. At least I think Serena could win a game or two. I think a slower but good player, maybe someone like Cilic or Isner, or Baghdatis, could be good. Maybe Youzhny.

The last time she tried this she was much younger, but she got absolutely annihilated. By Karsten Braasch, who at the time was the #203 man in the world. And who was playing with only one serve. And the most hilarious part was that when it was all done and she humbly changed her challenge request from "a male outside the top 200" to "a male outside the top 350", he quipped that if she waited a couple of weeks he'd be losing a bunch of points from tournament losses and he'd probably be down around #350 if she wanted a rematch.

I also remember that when Hewitt and Clijsters were dating she said that she had a lot of trouble even winning a single point against him, let alone a game or a set.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time she tried this she was much younger, but she got absolutely annihilated. By Karsten Braasch, who at the time was the #203 man in the world. And who was playing with only one serve. And the most hilarious part was that when it was all done and she humbly changed her challenge request from "a male outside the top 200" to "a male outside the top 350", he quipped that if she waited a couple of weeks he'd be losing a bunch of points from tournament losses and he'd probably be down around #350 if she wanted a rematch.

I also remember that when Hewitt and Clijsters were dating she said that she had a lot of trouble even winning a single point against him, let alone a game or a set.

Serena will not be playing Murray. Everybody knows it is a joke.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena will not be playing Murray. Everybody knows it is a joke.

While I'd be inclined to agree I think it's the kind of thing that if enough people keep talking about it and showing interest in watching it, it might happen. But it's very unlikely, and even if it happens it probably won't be played straight up and on the level.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharapova takes potshot at Serena... AGAIN!

:nod:LONDON — Maria Sharapova took quite a shot at Serena Williams — and it was nowhere near a tennis court.
At her pre-Wimbledon news conference yesterday, Sharapova was asked about a recent Rolling Stone article in which the author surmised that critical comments directed at an unnamed player by Williams were referring to Sharapova.
“At the end of the day, we have a tremendous amount of respect for what we do on the court. I just think she should be talking about her accomplishments, her achievements, rather than everything else that’s just getting attention and controversy,” Sharapova said.
“If she wants to talk about something personal, maybe she should talk about her relationship and her boyfriend that was married and is getting a divorce and has kids,” she said. “Talk about other things, but not draw attention to other things. She has so much in her life, many positives, and I think that’s what it should be about.”

Maria, poke a stick at the sleeping bear, why don't you!!!:nod::nod::nod:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely old news.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics of Maria or this thread sucks donkey ass through a straw.

This may be old news, but Maria made sense! With all Serena has going for her, why bring up another player? It made no sense and I loved the "comeback!" It shut Serena up, made her apologize, and she hasn't been heard from outside of tennis since! :noidea: :L :bullshit: :clap: :gaah::hope:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena: AP Athlete of the Year

Once again, Serena Williams is voted AP Athlete of the Year for the stellar year she had. Considering near death she has had and her longevity, she is a remarkable woman.

"Serena Williams is The Associated Press' 2013 Female Athlete of the Year, easily winning a vote by news organizations.
It's the third AP award for the tennis star, who also won in 2002 and 2009.
Williams went 78-4 in 2013, including a 34-match winning streak and 11 titles. Her French Open and U.S. Open championships raised her Grand Slam total to 17 singles trophies. She was ranked No. 1 from February until the end of the season.
Williams received 55 of 96 votes in the AP results announced Wednesday"
From : Serena Williams wins third AP Athlete of Year award - ESPN

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Serena Williams is voted AP Athlete of the Year for the stellar year she had. Considering near death she has had and her longevity, she is a remarkable woman.

"Serena Williams is The Associated Press' 2013 Female Athlete of the Year, easily winning a vote by news organizations.
Williams went 78-4 in 2013, including a 34-match winning streak and 11 titles. Her French Open and U.S. Open championships raised her Grand Slam total to 17 singles trophies. She was ranked No. 1 from February until the end of the season.

...seems like she has won every award this year! She even won one in France! The scary thing is that she is getting BETTER with age......like a great wine! I hope she wins more slams and beats Graf so she can shut up the haters!!!!!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...seems like she has won every award this year! She even won one in France! The scary thing is that she is getting BETTER with age......like a great wine! I hope she wins more slams and beats Graf so she can shut up the haters!!!!!

I did not know Graf is still playing! :lol:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God, you're obsession with her is so...
di-S89Y_large.gif

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am glad you changed "you're" obsession to "your" obsession. I am sorry but my obsession is to my wife of nearly 30 years. I am not so sure on what basis you make such a statement. But then again, your fucked up logic is all that you are left with.