• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Post Here if your team has a bye week thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a fun week for sure. Always nice to not have to stress and just get to enjoy some very huge games. I'm actually watching the Texans/Chiefs game with a bunch of Chiefs fans. They keep asking me if I am going to cheer for the Chiefs? I'm honestly torn just a bit because I wouldn't mind the Broncos getting another shot against the Chiefs this year but at the same time cheering for a divisional opponent just doesn't seem right. Throw in always nice to have that whole 22 years without a win thing holding over their heads.

Right now just hoping the Broncos are having an easier week of practice and getting healthy. Man that last game was brutal for our injury report.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it count if my team has 4 consecutive bye weeks followed by the off-season?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have the emotional tie in with other teams... I followed Packers my entire life, grew up near Green Bay, been to Lambeau many times, training camps, Packers HOF, purchased memorabilia, follow Packers news, read books on their history etc....

I may enjoy watching another football game and may favor a team, but if they lose I have no emotional tie in.

Totally understandable.

I'm from the flip-side: growing up near Charlotte there were no local teams to root for or become emotionally invested in. We always got whatever the game of the week was, so we ended up seeing a lot of Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington, Miami, and San Francisco games in the 70's and early 80's. One of my brothers became a big Redskin fan, another a Steeler, and I liked the Cowboys. It all changed in 1995.

Like Hank, I don't think I've ever watched a championship game where I didn't have some sort of rooting interest, even if it was "I want Team X to lose more than Team Y." Actually, that's usually the rule and not the exception...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just became the biggest Vikings fan guise

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally understandable.

I'm from the flip-side: growing up near Charlotte there were no local teams to root for or become emotionally invested in. We always got whatever the game of the week was, so we ended up seeing a lot of Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington, Miami, and San Francisco games in the 70's and early 80's. One of my brothers became a big Redskin fan, another a Steeler, and I liked the Cowboys. It all changed in 1995.

Like Hank, I don't think I've ever watched a championship game where I didn't have some sort of rooting interest, even if it was "I want Team X to lose more than Team Y." Actually, that's usually the rule and not the exception...

I think in almost any game you are going to favor one team over another but it is more of a picking between the lesser of 2 evils. I mean take this last Super Bowl at least as a Bronco fan...We have the Seahawks who embarrassed the Broncos in the Super Bowl just 2 years ago and the Patriots who are probably the most hated franchise in the NFL. My guess is there are very few teams I would have rather not had in that Super Bowl than those two teams. Now I did find myself favoring the Patirots as the game went on partly because the idea of Seahawks fans going nuts was something I didn't want to see for another off season. At the same time when the Patriots actually did win it wasn't like I jumped up for joy.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in almost any game you are going to favor one team over another but it is more of a picking between the lesser of 2 evils. I mean take this last Super Bowl at least as a Bronco fan...We have the Seahawks who embarrassed the Broncos in the Super Bowl just 2 years ago and the Patriots who are probably the most hated franchise in the NFL. My guess is there are very few teams I would have rather not had in that Super Bowl than those two teams. Now I did find myself favoring the Patirots as the game went on partly because the idea of Seahawks fans going nuts was something I didn't want to see for another off season. At the same time when the Patriots actually did win it wasn't like I jumped up for joy.

True, last year was a hard one. I think I favored Seattle just because they're "new money."

If you're a team that has already won multiple SB's, I'm going for the other team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, last year was a hard one. I think I favored Seattle just because they're "new money."

If you're a team that has already won multiple SB's, I'm going for the other team.

I guess for me the fact that the 1 Super Bowl they did win came at the expense of my team was hard to get over. Throw in then some of the fans acted like it was the greatest team in the history of the game. It was like the 47 years before that Super Bowl didn't even exist in NFL history. Again it was a lose lose situation for me as a fan. Honestly going into the game I kept telling people that I was rooting for the Seahawks but as the game went on for some reason it just seemed to switch. The more I saw Richard Sherman being his cocky self the more I just was hoping they would have their hearts ripped out.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me the fact that the 1 Super Bowl they did win came at the expense of my team was hard to get over.

I hear that...

The more I saw Richard Sherman being his cocky self the more I just was hoping they would have their hearts ripped out.

I guess you enjoyed the end of that game then!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that...

I guess you enjoyed the end of that game then!

I really did. I went back and watched when they put him on camera after the Patriots intercepted the ball many times. The fact that earlier he had done the whole 2-4 referencing Revis and making fun of him made it that much nicer.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it count if your team went on a bye after week 5 and then never showed up again? lol

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me the fact that the 1 Super Bowl they did win came at the expense of my team was hard to get over. Throw in then some of the fans acted like it was the greatest team in the history of the game. It was like the 47 years before that Super Bowl didn't even exist in NFL history. Again it was a lose lose situation for me as a fan. Honestly going into the game I kept telling people that I was rooting for the Seahawks but as the game went on for some reason it just seemed to switch. The more I saw Richard Sherman being his cocky self the more I just was hoping they would have their hearts ripped out.

I'm smelling 100% of what you're saying....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't care.

There is still a pecking order and I'd root for Dallas over all others.

You telling me if you watch a game without the Cards in it you don't have a team you want to win?
It depends on the following

if the teams playing affect the cards in any way
if I have a wager on the game

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally understandable.

Atta boy....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the following

if the teams playing affect the cards in any way
if I have a wager on the game

I never bet.

I do also find that the teams I dislike get ranked the other direction and those more hated than others get rooted against....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bet.

I do also find that the teams I dislike get ranked the other direction and those more hated than others get rooted against....
I will root against a team I really dislike. But I have no ranking. Just one favorite.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will root against a team I really dislike. But I have no ranking. Just one favorite.

And they reside in my 3 slot....

Great beach towel, love the red. It gets noticed at the pool when I go at lunch.

The other one that gets a lot of notice is my black Raiders towel.

I look forward to next week when I'll be sporting my newly acquired Redskins towel..... Also a hi-vis red that will be noticed....