• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow could be a glorious day - Either Edmonton gives Lucic a 7x7 contract and they are in cap hell or Lucic signs with another team and Chiarelli panics and overpays for somebody like Mikkel Boedker. Either way, it's gonna be great to watch it unfold.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am looking at Preds ticket packages for next year. Besides seasons, they have two different "half season" packages including 24 games. Both half seasons are scattered throughout the year, but have radically different opponent groups.

Both groups include games with: TB, CHI, CAL, STL, WPG, MIN, CBJ, NYI and DET.

One group includes: ARI, FL, SJ, WAS, NJD, LAK and BOS.

The other group includes: PIT, OTT, ANA, PHA, NYR, VAN, EDM (twice), CAL, BUF and TOR.

Hmmmm, which one should I go with :noidea::noidea:

Door #2 it is. Giving up Ovi, but getting McJesus twice, Eichel, Matthews/Marner/Nylander, Phil the Thrill and the inevitable 0-0 game against King Henrik.

I wonder if the Preds front office realizes how unbalanced the packages are.

Most interesting of all: Neither plan includes MTL

/oooh and I can get 25% off my PK jersey :yes:

A few years back I wanted to get a half season ticket plan and it was something like $250 more for the full season (2 tickets) so I bit the bullet and went full season. Not sure if that's something similar or if you can swing it but just a thought. You can always sell tickets.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back I wanted to get a half season ticket plan and it was something like $250 more for the full season (2 tickets) so I bit the bullet and went full season. Not sure if that's something similar or if you can swing it but just a thought. You can always sell tickets.

Good point. The full season is more than $250 but I was not thinking about selling tickets. But I should have been. I will factor that in, although I don't see getting much for the VCR/CAL/ARI/CAR games

/with apologies to all fan bases I may have offended.
//But your goalies are sieves. :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Stamkos has resigned in Tampa Bay who's Toronto interested in?

The better question is who else is committed to taking a discount to play for a dynasty?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question is who else is committed to taking a discount to play for a dynasty?

I expect Tampa to resign Hedman. I'd like to see him hit free agency after next season, but I doubt it happens.

I've read that the Isles have spoken to Ladd. What's going on with the Blue Jackets?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was being serious. Who's the next guy on the Leafs list for this year?

I tried to make a joke about the fact that everyone is not only on the Leaf's list but they are all DYING to play there.

Also;
Fucking. Love. Subban

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was being serious. Who's the next guy on the Leafs list for this year?

I don't see them going RFA since they now seem to understand the value of keeping your damn draft picks. My guess/hope is no one of consequence. Just some minor moves like signing Polak and Parenteau as a stop gap for a year or so while they sort out what they have.

Others with more intel can correct me, but I think it more likely that if they do anything at all, it will be a trade for a quality D. Other than that, I think they are happy to stay the course.

/until next summer :D

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them going RFA since they now seem to understand the value of keeping your damn draft picks. My guess/hope is no one of consequence. Just some minor moves like signing Polak and Parenteau as a stop gap for a year or so while they sort out what they have.

Others with more intel can correct me, but I think it more likely that if they do anything at all, it will be a trade for a quality D. Other than that, I think they are happy to stay the course.

/until next summer :D

Who do they want next summer, Hedman? JT has 2 years to go.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landeskog about to be dealt ???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landeskog + Barrie to Anaheim for Kesler + Lindholm?

/I'm just throwing crap against the wall, pay no attention to me.