• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just make him the tight end coach or something and have him call the plays so that nobody is stripped of their title.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've lost a lot of money if you bet me Kam would make the pro bowl before Flowers.

Good going Kam!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I MAY have come off a bit as a condescending ass here, and may need some backup, ha ha!!!

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/61371-my-mock-draft.html

Is Lamar Miller really significantly faster or more elusive than David Wilson (as the one poster claims)? Not saying its not possible, but the evidence is lacking. I just find this very difficult to believe based on watching both of these players this season. The one thing I'd agree with is Miller is a better inside runner.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron sliding

Looks like Jayron is sliding down on some mock drafts, not sure why (went from around 4th or 5th best on two free Non-RIVALS sites to 8th and 10th best CB, respectively)?? He is now projected anywhere between the late 2nd and the 4th round. 4th round would be kind of a crappy spot to leave early for IMO. We will see what comes of this after the combine..

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like Jayron is sliding down on some mock drafts, not sure why (went from around 4th or 5th best on two free Non-RIVALS sites to 8th and 10th best CB, respectively)?? He is now projected anywhere between the late 2nd and the 4th round. 4th round would be kind of a crappy spot to leave early for IMO. We will see what comes of this after the combine..

Just my opinion, but I really felt Hosley should have stayed another year. This past season was not a very good advertisement for his skill-set based on the hamstring injury and his performance after he returned to the field.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I really felt Hosley should have stayed another year. This past season was not a very good advertisement for his skill-set based on the hamstring injury and his performance after he returned to the field.

He was pretty impressive in the Sugar Bowl though. I am sure he is using the hamstring injury as a reason for his average season.....worked well for Ryan Williams!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so too, but alot will depend on how he looks at the combine. Usually the top 1-3 or 4 spots at a respective position are pretty well etched in stone (some of those guys could be flip-flopped), but once you get beyond that (say the 5-10 spots), little stuff that they pick away at on film, and how they look in the combine can make or break a prospect. I will split the difference and say he will go 3rd round in April. That would still be somewhat disappointing for leaving early, but not too bad (not like Darren Evans..which in his defense, he really didn't have much left to prove).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into the mocks right now. We haven't had the Combine nor any pro days. I expect him to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. That's no slight on him, its just this draft has a lot of good DB prospects.

What's good for him is regardless of where he's drafted, he'll be in demand as long as he shows good work ethic. Its a passing league and teams are desperately trying to find guys to match up when offenses line up 5 wide.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i heard that kiper and co are now projecting danny coale as high as (possibly) 3rd round and maybe late-2nd .. that he's one of the biggest sleepers of the draft .. i guess people are noticing now what we've known all along..

that

DANNY COALE

is

... the shit

he'll be a household name before you know it

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard that kiper and co are now projecting danny coale as high as (possibly) 3rd round and maybe late-2nd .. that he's one of the biggest sleepers of the draft .. i guess people are noticing now what we've known all along..

that

DANNY COALE

is

... the shit

he'll be a household name before you know it

McShay was hyping him a bit on sportscenter this evening. Said Coale will have a 12 year career as a team's 3rd or 4th receiver.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. David Wilson, Virginia Tech: Wilson might be the most explosive runner in the draft with his unique blend of speed and quickness. He led the ACC in rushing with over 1,700 yards in 2011, but it was his ability to score from anywhere on the field that has scouts enamored with his talent. To solidify his status as a first-round pick, Wilson must pass the eyeball test at the weigh-in and post impressive numbers during the workout. If he can leave Indianapolis ranked as one of the top athletes in the draft, he will undoubtedly come off the board in the first stanza.

Good fits: New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals and New England Patriots.

NFL.com news: Top five running backs entering NFL Scouting Combine