• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome thanks! From walk on to NFL starter. Not bad for a kid who was too small and too slow. (Even though he is a lot faster than people think)

he's like Rudy.....only a shit ton better! :D

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy ain't got nothing on Cody. The staff needs to make a Grimm award for the most valuable walk on

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Cody....what a great day this was.

Attachments

• Cody Grimm_SI 2009.jpg
    Cody Grimm_SI 2009.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 46

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an awesome picture. I was in the North Endzone for that game and it was awesome. Didn't even notice how cold I was until the walk home.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hightower got traded to the skins, which almost guarantees good pt for ryan williams

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor could wind up as Baltimore’s backup quarterback
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 3, 2011, 8:34 AM EDT
Baltimore Ravens Training Camp Getty Images

Joe Flacco hasn’t missed a start in his brief NFL career, but the Ravens probably don’t want to push their luck too much.

Following Marc Bulger’s retirement Wednesday morning, the team’s current backup is sixth-round rookie Tyrod Taylor. The Virginia Tech product was expected to be a developmental project this year, but offensive coordinator Cam Cameron likes what he sees.

“That’s our plan until someone else is here, and I don’t know that anybody will be here,” Cameron told the Baltimore Sun. “This kid is special and you guys that have watched him play [at Virginia Tech], you guys have seen him play more than I have, but you saw the practice. We have got a heck of a young quarterback. It is asking a lot out of him, but right now, we’re getting him ready to play.”

Peter King of SI.com, currently doing the “camp tour” thing, said Taylor is “better than you think” after watching him Tuesday.

“Confident-looking player. Rolled out today under pressure, threw a 15-yard dart, complete. Poised. Just liked what I saw,” King wrote.

We still anticipate the Ravens adding some sort of veteran to the mix. Brodie Croyle may be the best veteran out there.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor could wind up as Baltimore’s backup quarterback
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 3, 2011, 8:34 AM EDT
Baltimore Ravens Training Camp Getty Images

Joe Flacco hasn’t missed a start in his brief NFL career, but the Ravens probably don’t want to push their luck too much.

Following Marc Bulger’s retirement Wednesday morning, the team’s current backup is sixth-round rookie Tyrod Taylor. The Virginia Tech product was expected to be a developmental project this year, but offensive coordinator Cam Cameron likes what he sees.

“That’s our plan until someone else is here, and I don’t know that anybody will be here,” Cameron told the Baltimore Sun. “This kid is special and you guys that have watched him play [at Virginia Tech], you guys have seen him play more than I have, but you saw the practice. We have got a heck of a young quarterback. It is asking a lot out of him, but right now, we’re getting him ready to play.”

Peter King of SI.com, currently doing the “camp tour” thing, said Taylor is “better than you think” after watching him Tuesday.

“Confident-looking player. Rolled out today under pressure, threw a 15-yard dart, complete. Poised. Just liked what I saw,” King wrote.

We still anticipate the Ravens adding some sort of veteran to the mix. Brodie Croyle may be the best veteran out there.

glad they see what us Hokies have known for a while. I would be surprised if they dont bring in another veteran though

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad they see what us Hokies have known for a while. I would be surprised if they dont bring in another veteran though

Same here. If they didn't have the lockout, Tyrod would've had a better chance to get acclimated to their offense and make a serious push for the backup role. However, with such little prep time, the Ravens will probably pick up a vet to be Flacco's backup and help mentor Tyrod.

Even if he's listed as the 3rd string, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get some action in a small Wildcat package or split out in the slot much like Kordell Stewart used to do. Some end-arounds with the run-pass option would be just something else defensive coordinators would have to gameplan for.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night vs the Eagles:
Tyrod Taylor: 19 for 28, 179yds, 2 Ints....led both teams in rushing, 6 carries for 59 yards
Justin Harper: 2 rec for 17 yds

last night vs the Ravens:
Michael Vick: 4 for 6, 74 yds, 1 TD
Darryl Tapp:3 tackles, 2 solo, 2 sacks

vs the Raiders:
Ryan Williams: 4 car for 21 yds

vs the Chargers:
Kam Chancellor: 2 solo tackles, 1 tfl

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Tyrod completed a pass to Justin Harper last night, the announcers on CSN talked about how "Hokie Nation" was representing. Always good to hear that.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh rates Tyrod and the game against Philly last night

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like Darren Evans had a solid game for the colts. The box score says he led the team in rushing with 52 yards on 8 carries, 6.5 ypc, including runs of 23 and 18 yards.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if anyone else is watching, but the Hokies on our NFL squad (the texans) are playing well.

Adibi played 3 full quarters and was all over the place. He finished with three tackles and two sacks.

Friday was playing in a stand up OLB/DE spot and had two sacks. He has added some size and is playing well.

Graves has been beaten up a little but still held his own. He has blown up a play or two.

I have not seen Roc so I am not sure if he battling an injury or something.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i was watchin. Hokies representing. I wonder if Davon Morgan played at all for NY. I couldnt tell.

Roc is sidelined for about a week with a sprained shoulder he sustained on Sunday.