• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pulling for Evans. I hope he makes the Colts roster, gets a chance somehow to make a career in the NFL. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for him and his family to have to wait out the lockout not knowing if he'd even get a shot in the League.

Now that he's there, I hope he makes the most of it (and I think he will).

SWEET... I was checking the Colts' schedule to see if they played anywhere near DC and I see the skins are their next opponent... shows how much of a Skins fan I am these days. Can't wait to see DE tear up my team :D

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# Beanie Wells still projects as the starting running back heading into the season even though rookie second-round choice Ryan Williams has impressed. Every negative play from Wells invites skepticism regarding his ability to meet expectations as a 2009 first-round draft choice. That was the case when Wells fumbled during the first full-contact goal-line session of camp. Wells bounced back with energized runs the following day, though, and he knows the offense better than Williams at this point.

# Williams looks like the better pure runner. Where Wells is more of a downhill runner with straight-line tendencies, Williams has shown he can cut effortlessly, even at high speed. One of Williams' coaches from Virginia Tech told the Cardinals he had never coached a more talented player.

From ESPN's NFC West blog. RW seems to be in line for a good bit of playing time.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also found this:
Of course, he'd better run hard and with confidence. Second-round pick Ryan Williams wows his teammates with one or two spectacular runs per practice. On Sunday, he broke an off-tackle run to his right, got 10 yards downfield and made two or three incredible cuts that left defenders whiffing. Wells may not be as good as DeAngelo Williams of the Carolina Panthers, but the one-two punch in the Cards' backfield reminds you a little of what the Panthers have in Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been impressed with rookie quarterback Tyrod Taylor. He consistently made plays in practice this week and showed promise in Baltimore’s first preseason game. The Ravens are high on the sixth-round pick. Taylor will make the team. But is Baltimore comfortable enough to go into the season with a rookie as the No. 2 quarterback?

Camp Confidential: Baltimore Ravens - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that before last weekend's game. I'll be watching what TMobile can do tonight, live, in person. Going up with a couple of Tech friends.

Get to see Brandon Flowers, the best cover corner in the League, for the same price of admission. Only in Ehmuurricah!

You lucky SOB!!! :clap2::D:thumb:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Tyrod is absolutely tearing shit up in the 4th quarter. Impressive with his arm and his legs.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RW's agent talked to RW's mom, and says it's not an ACL. X-ray was also negative.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ESPN intern on twitter just posted that RW has a ruptured patella tendon and is done for the year

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
And the VT NFL running back curse continues...Ryan Williams out for the year w/ ruptured patella. Sucks.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 preseason stats so far:

D. Evens: 4 rushes for 14 yards

D. Hall: 1 tackle

C. Grimm: 3 tackles

M. Vick: 5/12, 47y, 3int

D. Clowney: 1c, 5y

J. Anderson: 3t