• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs South Alabama Game Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how to take that

2014 Mississippi St (10-3)

Lost to Alabama (20-25), Ole Miss (17-31), GA Tech (31-49) Orange Bowl

2014 South Carolina (7-6)

Lost to Texas A&M (28-52), Missouri (20-21), Kentucky (38-45), Auburn (35-42), Tennessee (42-45), Clemson (17-35)

2013 Tennessee (5-7)

Lost to Oregon (14-59), Florida (17-31), Georgia (31-34), Alabama (10-45), Missouri (3-31), Auburn (23-55), Vanderbilt (10-14)

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can all look back at could of should have would have hind site 20 20 thaaaaangs
I wished Echoirst would have hired Herman from the Ohio state as head coach
now that dude is at Houston --and doing well

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can all look back at could of should have would have hind site 20 20 thaaaaangs
yo dude
lay off on the buuurs dude muffin

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember all of the top secret "It's Tressel" from that sister's brother-in-law's dad who has a big booster buddy.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

Hind sight say's -- 2008 would have been an opportune time to offer the yeller jackets coach before he accepted G.Tech offer.

They play the ole' Nebraska way, beat the shit outta ya.

They have N.Dame next. That'll be a good one to watch 'cept it's on the same time we play.
Paul Johnson will have the jackets ready to play.
woulda coulda shoulda...

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Johnson in his 8th year at gt is averaging 8-4 in a conference very similar to the big 10. Also 2-5 in bowl games.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my ramblings:

1st - would have liked to have seen backups sooner. it was clear we were winning this game. although our guys could use practice with the new system, i still think our backups need more time, specifically on the OL and at QB and RB.

OL - starting here since they were clearly better. i'm hoping it was true improvement, but have a bad feeling it was more about an overmatched USA team.

QB - Tommy was good, the above helped. At some point we need to go downfield and make big plays, but i like his decision making and getting through reads when he has time. I think he could do a better job of taking off running on plays where there are no throws.

RB - mostly Newby since he got all the work, looked good at times. Still indecisive at times. were some big holes and he'd not get to full speed quick enough to really take advantage, when he did get to full speed good things happened.

WR - not really anything to say, excellent work, i don't really remember any issues.

OC - I think he could do a little better job in the QB run game, not sure if he's holding the good plays for later or there aren't any. The few run plays have looked clunky and rough. Would love to see more rollout with run/pass options for Tommy. i don't remember any screen passes on Saturday, not that we needed them. I also still think we could have a good outside running game, again, i'm hoping he's just holding that for Miami.

DL - interior guys are stout. Freedom looks like he will be a good player once he gets more experience, amazing that he's only been playing the position for like 6 months. McMullen - just seems like a DT playing DE, maybe it's just me, haven't seen much from him. Our pass rush is pathetic though, our DEs aren't enough of a threat so they can double Collins and get away with 1 on the other DT and no worries from the outside, just wish we had one guy that could be a threat.

LB - hard to say anything about a depleted unit like that. great having MRI back, i think that is a huge boost and when Young and Bando are out there I think that will be a formidable group. Weber nor Gifford looked bad against USA, but that was more their level of competition, they'll be overmatched against most of the rest of our schedule.

DB - it's pretty much been said all over the board that these guys need to improve. just too much space given to receivers, we need to be up in their mugs at all times, but without much pass rush, what are you to do? Davie wasn't stellar, but he's not the only offender.

DC - blitzs need to do a better job of getting home, i mean they cause pressure, but too many times when sending 6, there just didn't seem to be any deception in them and guys were all blocked. no one seemed to win 1on1 battles and this was a against an overmatched team, i hope he's just being kinda vanilla, but not sure. Bando said it would look like they are blitzing every play, i haven't gotten that feeling, heck i don't feel like they are blitzing when they actually do blitz. run D though, as been good, hopefully that continues as I'd feel a lot more confident against both Wiscy and Minn if that's the case. Hope he figures out what do with the DBs this week or it's going to be a long game.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Armstrong fan...dude is a classic Nebraska QB who gives it up for the team, up to, and including, throwing blocks down field. I love this team and I hope they can hold it together for the season. If so, great things will happen.