• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial Nebraska vs. Michigan State GDT

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo

Another double digit loss for Bo.

41 - 28 (NU garbage TD with :10 to go)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even try the onside kick

LMAO!!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least this should rid us of the cancer that is Bo.

I think he needs to be given an ultimatum, hire some better assistants that have experience, or he's gone.

This team with a solid coaching staff would have had one loss or less this year so far.

Another thing... I find it odd how Kellogg is placed in there against Michigan when TA was doing well, but when TA is struggling, Kellogg is nowhere to be seen. More bad game time decision making by Bo.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But terp.. he'll win 9 games cant fire a 9 win coach

Don't be too sure about that. The next two games aren't close to being a lock for Nebraska to win.

We also know how Bo is in bowl games.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I think it comes down to one thing. Special Teams. Period.

Yeah, 5 turnovers suck. But that is not what cost the game. It DID make it very hard to win. But a couple of decent returns, at ANY time during the game could have proven the difference. Maybe a blocked punt. Or a blocked FG. ANY of these things could have won the game for the Huskers. I have never seen a Husker team so anemic in so many phases of the special teams. At one point in the game I found myself ALMOST hoping MSU would get the first down so we wouldn't have to field a punt.
You would think that the extreme lack of pressure on the punters would mean that SOMEONE was blocking the coverage guys. Absolutely horrendous. Whoever is coaching the ST's needs to be removed. That would be a HUGE step to reaching the next level.

The line played well considering the patchwork lineup that was on the field. I think the defense played VERY well until they were exhausted.

Overall, I think it was a good game. (Yeah, I know, 5 turnovers) And best of all, we don't have to worry about losing to Ohio State.

AND Ameer is a friggin' beast.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I think it comes down to one thing. Special Teams. Period.

Yeah, 5 turnovers suck. But that is not what cost the game. It DID make it very hard to win. But a couple of decent returns, at ANY time during the game could have proven the difference. Maybe a blocked punt. Or a blocked FG. ANY of these things could have won the game for the Huskers. I have never seen a Husker team so anemic in so many phases of the special teams. At one point in the game I found myself ALMOST hoping MSU would get the first down so we wouldn't have to field a punt.
You would think that the extreme lack of pressure on the punters would mean that SOMEONE was blocking the coverage guys. Absolutely horrendous. Whoever is coaching the ST's needs to be removed. That would be a HUGE step to reaching the next level.

The line played well considering the patchwork lineup that was on the field. I think the defense played VERY well until they were exhausted.

Overall, I think it was a good game. (Yeah, I know, 5 turnovers) And best of all, we don't have to worry about losing to Ohio State.

AND Ameer is a friggin' beast.

ST's is REALLY bad.

There is just no aspect of it that is a positive. The horrendous turnover problem is a yearly trend.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a garbage TD if the defensive starters were still on the field.

OK

It's still another double digit loss.

Down double digits at halftime, caused by self inflicted wounds.

11 turnovers in 3 games.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, maybe I don't feel so bad about this game because we were in it all the way. I agree the turnovers suck, hell we would of put them away early if it wasn't for turnovers.

BUT

Our o line was solid. I am really impressed considering all the injuries we have.
Our d line was solid. I don't buy the competition is shit so you can't say they are better. The competition was shit when we played Sudden Miss, Wyoming, SDSU and Illinois. That is why I was done with Bo. We looked like shit against shit. But something clicked against NW in the second half. These kids are having fun and that is what blackshirt football is all about. Kicking asss and taking names.

Our special teams needs to have every person associated with it not only fired but flogged. It is absolutely embarassing

We never try to block, we never return a punt, half the time we are not even in the vicinity to return or at least stop the ball and now we can't even signal for a fair catch?
Els should have had a cab waiting outside the stadium to take him to the airport. No it's okay, we got the tab, just go.

But over all? Armstrong is young and promising. Our skilled players are some of the best in the big ten. Our defense is back in black and I actually think Beck called a decently balanced game considering how bad he must of wanted to go to an air attack.

Yeah we lost again and Bo will lose one more to make four (probably the bowl) but this game was not a firing offense for Bo. Els yes but not Bo this time.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, maybe I don't feel so bad about this game because we were in it all the way. I agree the turnovers suck, hell we would of put them away early if it wasn't for turnovers.

BUT

Our o line was solid. I am really impressed considering all the injuries we have.
Our d line was solid. I don't buy the competition is shit so you can't say they are better. The competition was shit when we played Sudden Miss, Wyoming, SDSU and Illinois. That is why I was done with Bo. We looked like shit against shit. But something clicked against NW in the second half. These kids are having fun and that is what blackshirt football is all about. Kicking asss and taking names.

Our special teams needs to have every person associated with it not only fired but flogged. It is absolutely embarassing

We never try to block, we never return a punt, half the time we are not even in the vicinity to return or at least stop the ball and now we can't even signal for a fair catch?
Els should have had a cab waiting outside the stadium to take him to the airport. No it's okay, we got the tab, just go.

But over all? Armstrong is young and promising. Our skilled players are some of the best in the big ten. Our defense is back in black and I actually think Beck called a decently balanced game considering how bad he must of wanted to go to an air attack.

Yeah we lost again and Bo will lose one more to make four (probably the bowl) but this game was not a firing offense for Bo. Els yes but not Bo this time.

Ifelt pretty much the same way about the whole picture. Disappointed yes crushed no.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT

I believe it's the overall body of work that's the firing offense.

Sure the defense has played a good 10 quarters now, but Bo's defenses are NEVER ready to play on Sept 1st. Not even the 08' and 09' defenses. These are not my words, they are Bo's very words and actions with the Black-shirts..

If your defenses can't grasp what you're trying to teach them by Sept 1st, GTFO.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers are same as crack, they both kill

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna argue with you there. If Bo was let go I would not argue.

What that was for was for those who want to fire Bo on Sunday but drink the kool-aid on Monday.

Yeah the CCG was a firing offense, Minnesota was a firing offense but this game? We have had so many that we have looked so much worse in. This game we could of settled down and taken control at any point. 3 games ago our defense was getting their ass kicked up one side of the field and down the other.

Go ahead and be pissed, we had 3 freshmen turn over the ball 5 times. That is the only thing wrong with this game. Sure Bo is year six and I'm not gonna defend him but he isn't why we lost this game unless we are going back to recruiting.