• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial Nebraska @ Penn State GDT

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you are just stirring the pot, but it looked like two evenly matched teams.

Yardage favors Penn State by a little, ToP is just about even.

Penn State had 11 punts, Nebraska had 8.

If Nebraska did not fumble at the goal line, it was a TD.

Nebraska was playing the third string QB with some third string O linemen just about the entire game.

yeah neither team was overly impressive and it was a pretty even game. Shit happens, our special teams bit us in the ass yet again, Nebraska had a bad call cost them a TD (Big 10 refs are fucking terrible unless you are Ohio State or Michigan and they bend over backwards to help you out). seemed like nobody wanted to take it and win the damn thing.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah neither team was overly impressive and it was a pretty even game. Shit happens, our special teams bit us in the ass yet again, Nebraska had a bad call cost them a TD (Big 10 refs are fucking terrible unless you are Ohio State or Michigan and they bend over backwards to help you out). seemed like nobody wanted to take it and win the damn thing.

Ameer Abdullah literally took it and won the damn thing... And the refs decided that didn't fit their agenda.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was surprised to leave Happy Valley with a win after it went into OT. PSU has one hell of a fan base and I dont know how easy wins will come against there always improving team.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I need some clarification on that personal foul call that was called on you guys... What was the actual call? Did they give more of an explanation than just a personal foul? Man... It sure looked bogus to me.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I need some clarification on that personal foul call that was called on you guys... What was the actual call? Did they give more of an explanation than just a personal foul? Man... It sure looked bogus to me.

No they did not.....

Don't feel bad about it though sir......we are used to it

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they did not.....

Don't feel bad about it though sir......we are used to it

So here were the things that went through my mind that could POSSIBLY make sense for that call..
1. The PSU guy had pulled up and stopped on the play before he was hit. (I figured most likely)
2. The ref THOUGHT he was hit from behind (but would have been called a block in the back)
3. The ref THOUGHT he was hit low (would have been called a clip)
4. The ref wanted everyone to suffer through more freezing temps

Glad it didn't mess with the outcome.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assumed it was one of those "Defenseless Player" calls, because he couldn't see Burch coming and/or he was a few yards behind the ball carrier. i.e. Unnecessary Block?

It wasn't a block in the back.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here were the things that went through my mind that could POSSIBLY make sense for that call..
1. The PSU guy had pulled up and stopped on the play before he was hit. (I figured most likely)
2. The ref THOUGHT he was hit from behind (but would have been called a block in the back)

#1 would be closest.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all I can say is this

the reffs are in thar locker room right now giggling like little guuuurls ----countin thar monies they where paid is all

they is all about the green backs ---not the game :suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo said he was told that the block did not need to happen. Looked like the defender was running as fast as he could after Ameer to me, he was not letting up.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed it was one of those "Defenseless Player" calls, because he couldn't see Burch coming and/or he was a few yards behind the ball carrier. i.e. Unnecessary Block?

It wasn't a block in the back.

Yup, unnecessary block is what the officials told Bo.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One other explanation... The officials just wanted to continue their horrid record of wanting to be a part of the outcome of another game. Fortunately for Nebraska, they didn't get their wish.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bo said he was told that the block did not need to happen. Looked like the defender was running as fast as he could after Ameer to me, he was not letting up.

Ameer was almost in the endzone and maybe didn't need that block, but that was Still a bogus call that could have cost Nebraska the game.

I've seen that same type of block made quite a few times this year without a flag being thrown.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this game is becoming too soft and safe --- that is just about all thar is to say

Boy I'll say! Also, those officials sure do lust over a chance to change the outcome of a game, don't they?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!