• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial National Signing Day Thread

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird day. We got who we were supposed to but for the ones on the fence we usually are up against UGA, Bama, LSU and FSU. We lost one to UGA (they got everyone they wanted this year for sure) and lost out to Clemson, Stanford, Texas A&m and Nebraska on a couple of others.

Stanford I get and would tell any kid if you have the chance to get an education there then absolutely do it. The Clemson kid (WR) was smart and looked at the rosters and needs so cant blame him. Texas A&M got a lineman I really wanted so that is the one hurt but Jimbo is a fucking recruiter so that shit is going to happen. The Nebraska thing is just strange because that never happens but kudos to Frost.

Best part of the day was how many Bama wiffed on. They did not close well today and while the fan base will deny it cracks are starting to show. Kirby kicked Saban’s ass on the recruiting trail this year (note they lost a crap ton of seniors so could really sell playing time).

I dont see any cracks, do you?
images (15).jpg

I get what you're saying, but Saban knew losing Kirby was gonna hurt a bit. Like the "Saban's gonna leave after this year" stories, this too shall pass. Saban seems to reinvent his "process" every few years to change with the game. The new recruiting signing period seemed to give him a new challenge to overcome. The stories of his demise are greatly exaggerated. One year does not a death knell signal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: End of the dynasty for sure.
Sugar coat it if you want but you lost more battles this year then you have in the last 2. It’s a very good class but there is no way Saban is Happy with today’s result.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sugar coat it if you want but you lost more battles this year then you have in the last 2. It’s a very good class but there is no way Saban is Happy with today’s result.
Jokes on you, Saban wouldnt be happy with the number 1 class either. He pushes for perfection and if one kid switches, he finds a reason to work harder next season.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any cracks, do you?
View attachment 174012

I get what you're saying, but Saban knew losing Kirby was gonna hurt a bit. Like the "Saban's gonna leave after this year" stories, this too shall pass. Saban seems to reinvent his "process" every few years to change with the game. The new recruiting signing period seemed to give him a new challenge to overcome. The stories of his demise are greatly exaggerated. One year does not a death knell signal.
Next year might be Saban’s toughest from a coaching perspective since year one. Breaking in 2 new coordinators isn’t an easy thing to do especially ones that don’t have much experience in that role.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I just noticed Bama at 9. I never thought I would see them out of the top 3, while Saban was there. Not the usual SEC West showing

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokes on you, Saban wouldnt be happy with the number 1 class either. He pushes for perfection and if one kid switches, he finds a reason to work harder next season.
Blah blah blah...get off Saban’s cock and post something actually intelligent.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year might be Saban’s toughest from a coaching perspective since year one. Breaking in 2 new coordinators isn’t an easy thing to do especially ones that don’t have much experience in that role.
Might be, might not be. Likely we should play the wait and see game. Seems he has done well since he's been at Bama, i would trust his instincts more than a "might be" statement.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I just noticed Bama at 9. I never thought I would see them out of the top 3, while Saban was there. Not the usual SEC West showing
Small recruiting class.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a limited number they could sign so that was expected. The surprise is Georgia and how they beat just about everyone to recruits this year. There wasn’t a 5 star in the entire state of Alabama this year so it was a down year in talent for both of us.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good lord, this post is ghey.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

DB was a huge swing and a miss. I don't know Martin (Texas never recruited and OOS), but I like Tyree Wilson. Hugw upside take. Brown has been the prototype for looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. If you can get him qualified and motivated he could wreck shop. Wright will play tackle. All about his knees at this point, after 2 ACL surgeries

Leon O'Neal 4* S Ranked in the 24/7 top 100 in the country #125 by ESPN
Jordan Moore 4* S Ranked #225 by 24/7 #172 by ESPN

Is safety no longer a DB position?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah...get off Saban’s cock and post something actually intelligent.
Gee, i thought you were looking for a pissing contest.

Do you not agree Saban strives for perfection and pushes his teams to try to be the best and learn from losses? Maybe you havent paid attention lately, he has done some amazing things while juggling staff, recruits, problems on and off the field. What part did you think I was pumping his ego with? Am I incorrect in any way?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a limited number they could sign so that was expected. The surprise is Georgia and how they beat just about everyone to recruits this year. There wasn’t a 5 star in the entire state of Alabama this year so it was a down year in talent for both of us.

Just a little sticker shock. Didn't know reasons behind it. They did just get Waddle. Sick playmaker, they are going to have to change some things to get him involved. They may have to steal some Malzahn' s playbook

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That went from kind of funny to awkward to being sad
she came back a few minutes later and gave him a big hug and said something to him and he shook his head she hugged him again and then they walked off together. I'm glad the penis showed that too.. that was kind of heartbreaking for a minute

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small recruiting class.

Even still, their average is still considerably lower than Georgia's, Ohio State's, USC's and Clemson's, and is virtually tied with Texas.

Given the high ranking players they missed out on, even with a 25 man class, they'd likely be a borderline top 5 class, not contending for number 1 this year.

I wouldn't say Saban is slipping. There was a ton of talent in the state of Georgia this year, and Kirby Smart has done a good job of keeping in state talent in state, and at the same time, this was one of the weaker crops the state of Alabama has produced in a long time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even still, their average is still considerably lower than Georgia's, Ohio State's, USC's and Clemson's, and is virtually tied with Texas.

Given the high ranking players they missed out on, even with a 25 man class, they'd likely be a borderline top 5 class, not contending for number 1 this year.

I wouldn't say Saban is slipping. There was a ton of talent in the state of Georgia this year, and Kirby Smart has done a good job of keeping in state talent in state, and at the same time, this was one of the weaker crops the state of Alabama has produced in a long time.
Exactly this, Bama's in state crop was down. Still, i see issues with recruiting outside the state as a bigger issue. Missed on some named players we would get in years past. Likely these kids wanted to play immediately and that was possible at other schools and not Bama. Who knows, but this was just one year and Kirby shined. Lets see if he can back it up with so much 5 star depth in the future.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is a lot to like about what's going on in Nebraska. If Tyjon Lindsay is healthy and gets on board, they could have a really nice young trio with Lindsay-Martinez-Washington for the next 3 years.

Absolutely. Also have JD Spielman who had 830 receiving yards as freshman last year. Things are most definitely looking better in Lincoln