• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Husker Trivia Thread

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^^ bingo. There was an article a couple of years back about him. Got a scholie, but never played at NU. Then made it for a few years in the pros.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure you're right there oak.. I was fairly certain the dude was from Wisconsin but couldn't remember his name.

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You got it Oak. Mathison never started a game for the Huskers. But was the starting QB for nearly a year at Buffalo Bills. He was a prototype NFL passing QB. He came in about the same time as Turner Gill, and sat behind him the whole way on the depth chart. Rode the pine until he got his degree, then got drafted by SD and later traded to Buffalo.

Your turn for a question, sir.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok after that one this might be pretty easy...i just found it interesting. what was the last NFL team to have 2 former Nebraska QBs on their depth chart?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it's Buffalo from when Vince Farragamo was there and I'd say Mathison must be the other since NUance mentions the trade. No clue what year that would be though.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently there were some posts about how "simple" Nebraska's option game was. Osborne was fond of reinforcing this stereotype. In 1994 he was asked about the Nebraska offense and said: "Oh, you know, same old thing- run up the middle, pass every 10 plays."

This opposing coach was quoted with this: "They do so many things from so many formations, with so many good players, it's almost impossible to defend them for an entire game." Nebraska stomped the crap out of this coaches team early in the '95 season.

The coach in question has at least one national title- name him.

I'll drop some hints if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently there were some posts about how "simple" Nebraska's option game was. Osborne was fond of reinforcing this stereotype. In 1994 he was asked about the Nebraska offense and said: "Oh, you know, same old thing- run up the middle, pass every 10 plays."

This opposing coach was quoted with this: "They do so many things from so many formations, with so many good players, it's almost impossible to defend them for an entire game." Nebraska stomped the crap out of this coaches team early in the '95 season.

The coach in question has at least one national title- name him.

I'll drop some hints if needed.

does he have a national title in the last month?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is still coaching today

edit: sounds like oak knows this one...going to have to get more creative to stump him I think

your turn oak

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is still coaching today

edit: sounds like oak knows this one...going to have to get more creative to stump him I think

your turn oak

ahh got it. i couldn't remember exactly when saban started coaching at MSU...but there aren't all that many coaches with national titles. i will post a question soon, just need to think of a good one.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone was at this game, this will be easy...otherwise good luck. I was 6 years old at the time and this is still one of my most vivid Husker memories. What song accompanied the Brook Berringer tribute video shown at Memorial Stadium in 1996?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't at the game but I know Sawyer Brown wrote The Nebraska Song in tribute to him. Was that it?