• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official HNIC unintentional comedy thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally didnt think strombo lacked anything that ole boy ronnie brought except the level 5 ref knowledge that would make me vomit

that position should be a ringleader ... a moderator (and yes have some charisma) ... strombo had it ... its the stiffs sitting with him that have none of it
We're judging him very differently. Like I said, I just didn't see what the benefit of him over Maclean was, and there were more times than I recall with Maclean where I kinda just went "WTF did he just say?", although in Maclean's more limited role the last two years there have been just as many similar moments.

And if Strombo gets a pass because of the "so-called experts he was sitting with", it's worth remembering that Maclean had a roster of Kevin Weekes, PJ Stock and Glenn Healy by the end of the CBC deal.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Strombo gets a pass because of the "so-called experts he was sitting with", it's worth remembering that Maclean had a roster of Kevin Weekes, PJ Stock and Glenn Healy by the end of the CBC deal.

I thought Ronnie tried to always make it about him ... in the words of Blake Price ... "my show my show my show"

in the cesspool they talked yesterday about people in the industry saying the guys on the panel never bought in to having strombo there since he wasnt a "hockey guy" and never worked with him to get better (so to speak)

Rogers probably ran a likability survey and oldies liked the nostalgia of bringing back mr hudson bay sweater

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ronnie tried to always make it about him ... in the words of Blake Price ... "my show my show my show"

in the cesspool they talked yesterday about people in the industry saying the guys on the panel never bought in to having strombo there since he wasnt a "hockey guy" and never worked with him to get better (so to speak)

Rogers probably ran a likability survey and oldies liked the nostalgia of bringing back mr hudson bay sweater
No argument on any point here.

My only caveat would be that while maybe it was an unwillingness on the panelists' parts to help Strombo along, there just as easily could've been an unwillingness on his part to be helped. I know there was a report a few months ago that Rogers staff had spoken to Strombo about some changes they thought might help and he was rather unreceptive - that could obviously be a plant by Rogers to somewhat light the path to yesterday but given that Strombo had a certain style and personality that had gotten him as far as he did I could easily see it the other way.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument on any point here.

My only caveat would be that while maybe it was an unwillingness on the panelists' parts to help Strombo along, there just as easily could've been an unwillingness on his part to be helped. I know there was a report a few months ago that Rogers staff had spoken to Strombo about some changes they thought might help and he was rather unreceptive - that could obviously be a plant by Rogers to somewhat light the path to yesterday but given that Strombo had a certain style and personality that had gotten him as far as he did I could easily see it the other way.

Where's Poochie? Where's Poochie? :wink:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad Ron is back at the helm just the commercials they have been running getting ready for Saturday night has me excited for HNIC again. I'm pumped for Saturday's more than ever ...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad Ron is back at the helm just the commercials they have been running getting ready for Saturday night has me excited for HNIC again. I'm pumped for Saturday's more than ever ...

yah ... real great ... you know what else was great ... post game last night when ron decided to show how Brad Marchand and patrice bergeron spent the day prior to game 7 in 2011 along the seawall in stanley park

and then he ended with ... (paraphrasing cause i dont remember the exact quote) ... "2011 hated by canucks ... 2016 ... canuck heroes"

THANKS RON ... YOURE THE BEST!!!!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8FH9g48B.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah ... real great ... you know what else was great ... post game last night when ron decided to show how Brad Marchand and patrice bergeron spent the day prior to game 7 in 2011 along the seawall in stanley park

and then he ended with ... (paraphrasing cause i dont remember the exact quote) ... "2011 hated by canucks ... 2016 ... canuck heroes"

THANKS RON ... YOURE THE BEST!!!!
The fucking mileage they were getting out of shit like "Marchand getting a big roar from the ACC crowd. That doesn't happen a lot! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA"

elvisg_un.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our very own elocomotive put this little ditty together...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louie DeBrusk is a pretty good colo(u)r analyst, he has a great voice and knows his stuff.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grapes finally has the perfect suit for how horrific Coach's Corner has become.