• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with it bc first of all it isn't my money lol and secondly bc you won't find a hardworker than TT and one of the best offensive rebounders I have seen in some time and one of the best in the NBA. He doesn't need to do much more than rebound, defend and make easy baskets but that is a role player still by definition. Apparently, role players these days get a lot more than they used to especially when the cap goes up.

True, but again, the Cavs are paying that money because they have to. Gilbert isn't stupid. If the Cavs could have fit a cheaper option within the salary cap, TT either wouldn't be on the Cavs anymore or he'd have a smaller contract. No one else was offering him anything close to that kind of money. However, because of the cap, he had Gilbert "by the short and curly's" and essentially made him bid against himself.

Again, nothing wrong with that because letting him walk would have hurt the Cavs chances at winning the title. The Lakers did the same thing with some similar type players in their championship seasons for the same reason. It just never played out as publicly and over entire off-seasons as it did with TT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but again, the Cavs are paying that money because they have to. Gilbert isn't stupid. If the Cavs could have fit a cheaper option within the salary cap, TT either wouldn't be on the Cavs anymore or he'd have a smaller contract. No one else was offering him anything close to that kind of money. However, because of the cap, he had Gilbert "by the short and curly's" and essentially made him bid against himself.

Again, nothing wrong with that because letting him walk would have hurt the Cavs chances at winning the title. The Lakers did the same thing with some similar type players in their championship seasons for the same reason. It just never played out as publicly and over entire off-seasons as it did with TT.

yah Horace Grant comes to mind

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Horace Grant comes to mind

As well as Rambis and AC Green from the Showtime days. Loved both of those guys and they are high on my list of all-time favorite Lakers, but they weren't getting the money they got from anyone but the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson made 14.2 M this year.

LeBron and Barkley have compared his impact to that of Dennis Rodman (less the antics). He was the 2nd best player on a team that got to Game 6 of the finals last plyoffs. the rising cap will only reinforce the DEAL the Cavs got signing this VERY VERY important and worthy player. Whiteside will get more this offseason- and without a doubt- Thompson has had a bigger impact on winning for his team and is more valuable going forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson made 14.2 M this year.

LeBron and Barkley have compared his impact to that of Dennis Rodman (less the antics). He was the 2nd best player on a team that got to Game 6 of the finals last plyoffs. the rising cap will only reinforce the DEAL the Cavs got signing this VERY VERY important and worthy player. Whiteside will get more this offseason- and without a doubt- Thompson has had a bigger impact on winning for his team and is more valuable going forward.

You can spin it however you want. Even other Cavs fans know he's not worth what they are paying him. Doesn't mean they didn't do the right thing by paying him that money though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, TT is overpaid and Kyrie is underpaid. It evens out. :lol:

Although, I expect that Kyrie being underpaid will be remedied when he becomes an FA.
If Kyrie ever leaves- its not my prediction- it would be for the Lakers- its my GUARANTEE....Kyrie is not a free agent for 4 more years I believe....He will be one of the best deals under the salary cap in the entire league over the next few years.

As much as Kyrie talks about LeBron as a mentor- his real mentor and the guy he emulates is Kobe...always has been- always will be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie ever leaves- its not my prediction- it would be for the Lakers- its my GUARANTEE....Kyrie is not a free agent for 4 more years I believe....He will be one of the best deals under the salary cap in the entire league over the next few years.

As much as Kyrie talks about LeBron as a mentor- his real mentor and the guy he emulates is Kobe...always has been- always will be.

I sure wouldn't have a problem with Kyrie on the Lakers. I don't see it happening unless Russell ends up being a bust or has another "instagram episode."

Agree though that as long as he can stay healthy, Kyrie on his current contract is one of the best values out there.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

too brittle. pass...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer agenda: Miami Heat

great article for Heat fans to read about the summer.

I didnt realize Wade's cap hold was 29 million!!! thats crazy.

If Miami brings back Wade at $15 million, then enough room would be created to sign Whiteside. The Heat will also be able to retain restricted free agent Tyler Johnson and exceed the cap because of early Bird rights. However, in order to create that room for Whiteside, the cap holds of Deng, Joe Johnson and Udonis Haslem would need to be released, making the three unlikely to return. Miami would have only a small portion of cap space ($4 million) and its room mid-level ($2.9 million) to fill out its roster.

The Heat also can emphasize the impact of having no state income tax in Florida. According to sports accountant Robert Raiola, Miami can offer Whiteside a contract starting at $16 million that would net the same amount of money after taxes as signing with the Lakers starting at $18.1 million. Taking that approach would allow the Heat to bring Wade back at $15 million and leave Miami with $10 million in cap space to fill out its roster. It would also give Miami flexibility in 2017 when the cap will approach $109 million.

As Pat Riley and the Heat have shown, do not discount any option when it comes to the salary cap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer agenda: Miami Heat

great article for Heat fans to read about the summer.

I didnt realize Wade's cap hold was 29 million!!! thats crazy.

If Miami brings back Wade at $15 million, then enough room would be created to sign Whiteside. The Heat will also be able to retain restricted free agent Tyler Johnson and exceed the cap because of early Bird rights. However, in order to create that room for Whiteside, the cap holds of Deng, Joe Johnson and Udonis Haslem would need to be released, making the three unlikely to return. Miami would have only a small portion of cap space ($4 million) and its room mid-level ($2.9 million) to fill out its roster.

The Heat also can emphasize the impact of having no state income tax in Florida. According to sports accountant Robert Raiola, Miami can offer Whiteside a contract starting at $16 million that would net the same amount of money after taxes as signing with the Lakers starting at $18.1 million. Taking that approach would allow the Heat to bring Wade back at $15 million and leave Miami with $10 million in cap space to fill out its roster. It would also give Miami flexibility in 2017 when the cap will approach $109 million.

As Pat Riley and the Heat have shown, do not discount any option when it comes to the salary cap.

Herat fans have accepted that we're unlikely to see Deng and Johnson back at this point. UD will come back, but for probably less given that he's just a locker room presence at this point.

I'm interested to see what Riley does with Dragic in the offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly just read an article from the Miami herald that speculated that the Heat could have THEIR CHOICE BETWEEN DURANT AND LBJ if LeBron wins the title.

lol

i mean....holy shit....i guess i see where the delusional Heat fans get it from....lol...apparently their newspaper reporters are as bad at math as they are.

ohhhh this should be a fun offseason....even if the Cavs dont win the title all the national attention will be on the choke job of the 73 win CANT MISS Golden state warriors....ohhhhh the joy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly just read an article from the Miami herald that speculated that the Heat could have THEIR CHOICE BETWEEN DURANT AND LBJ if LeBron wins the title.

lol

i mean....holy shit....i guess i see where the delusional Heat fans get it from....lol...apparently their newspaper reporters are as bad at math as they are.

ohhhh this should be a fun offseason....even if the Cavs dont win the title all the national attention will be on the choke job of the 73 win CANT MISS Golden state warriors....ohhhhh the joy.

The source of this is coming from Stephen A. Smith. Dragic and McRoberts could get traded and Wade could sign for less. Personally, I think both players (Lebron and Durant) stay where they are. A majority of Miami fans don't want to see Lebron back in Miami. If we had our choice, we'd go with Durant who has more good years left in him.

And keep thinking that if Lebron loses to the Thunder in the Finals that the focus will be on the Warriors. The focus again comes on Lebron who couldn't (assuming he loses) seal the deal in the Finals for a 3rd straight year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

You are the one always preaching the reporters/talking heads are in 'the know'.
I've ALWAYS said take their opinions with a grain of salt.
So, how about showing us where any Heat fan here said we'd be taking our choice of anyone?

As far as:."even if the Cavs dont win the title all the national attention will be on the choke job of the 73 win CANT MISS Golden state warriors....ohhhhh the joy"

You're wrong. People will be questioning a lot of things about the Warriors, but James' Finals record and the merit of the Cavs Big 3 ever winning will certainly be the main topic IF they lose.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've ALWAYS said take their opinions with a grain of salt.
So, how about showing us where any Heat fan here said we'd be taking our choice of anyone?

As far as:."even if the Cavs dont win the title all the national attention will be on the choke job of the 73 win CANT MISS Golden state warriors....ohhhhh the joy"

You're wrong. People will be questioning a lot of things about the Warriors, but James' Finals record and the merit of the Cavs Big 3 ever winning will certainly be the main topic IF they lose.

Especially if they get beat by the Thunder. Who's star core is just entering their prime. Also, if they win, safe to say that Westbrook and Durant are staying together in OKC.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any discussion about Fizdale being named Grizzlies head coach.

What do the Heat fans think of this? Think he'll be good for them?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the Heat really liked him.
He earned his chance.
I hate the retreads.
He has a decent core to start with.
I wish him well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, he only says they are in the know when they write something he agrees with. He then posts shit like the one you quoted when they write something he doesn't like.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows. He has been a lifetime assistant. Supposedly he is highly thought of around the NBA.. whatever the hell that means when talking about a guy that is in the background. I wish him well. But Heat fans know as much about him as everyone else... he sat on the Heat bench for a decade with a clipboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.