• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to point out that Stafford never wins big games at this point. Caldwell probably is average, too, but didnt go for it on 4th and short and Dallas went for it on 4th and medium. You'd think that Detroits offense with Megatron, Ebron, a good oline, a healthy Bush and Golden Tate would be able to get more points on the board.

Champions go for it on 4th down. Ask Seattle from last year.

Stafford...agree, but I guess I'm just so tired of the seldom defined term..."elite". He's a better than average QB that has had good pcs around him and none better than this season.

Caldwell wimped out...yeah, your DEF is good and they can been mostly controlling the game to that point so I can see not going for it, but...you have too many good players on OFC not to at least give them a chance. Agree 100% with you there....he played it too conservative.

The real shame of it as your thread tries to highlight was DAL won the game...the call did not lose the game for DET.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but then there was also the blatant hold/takedown of Suh on that play the NFL admitted they missed yesterday. So that drive actually should have been stopped with a punt on 4th & 16 from the Cowboys 48. So there's that.... and I'll quit bitching about it when people stop posting bs defending it .. or the Boys lose.... whichever comes first.

4th and 16, and the play to Witten went for 21.

Does JG still go for it? Who knows. Same defense? who knows. Same play call? who knows.

If all else remains the same though, the game still turns out exactly the same even if that call is made.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lions didnt lose because of the no pass interference call they lost because stafford dropped back and fumbled the ball in the last drive. IF that no call would have happened on the last drive and the lions turned the ball over on downs then thats a different story

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh joy. I was wondering how we were going to keep having enough material to continue making new threads related to this every day this week and here we are. :rollseyes:

I mean it's not like we don't have 10 other threads these opinions could be added to instead right? Need more of these.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 16, and the play to Witten went for 21.

Does JG still go for it? Who knows. Same defense? who knows. Same play call? who knows.

If all else remains the same though, the game still turns out exactly the same even if that call is made.

Just speculating. 4th & 16 changes everything from a strategic standpoint. With 6 minutes to go and the trouble the Lions were having moving the ball, going for it there would have been a dumb move, imo. The defense probably changes to more press coverage and QB pressure... perhaps a blitz to force a quick throw. Missing puts the Lions nearly in FG range and potentially a 6 point lead, then the Boys absolutely would have had to go for a TD. We'll never know obviously. I don't think it makes sense to even go for it, though.

Frankly I'm surprised the NFL even admitted the missed hold. Why do that ? There are several missed holds every game. I think they're just reeling from all this.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh joy. I was wondering how we were going to keep having enough material to continue making new threads related to this every day this week and here we are. :rollseyes:

I mean it's not like we don't have 10 other threads these opinions could be added to instead right? Need more of these.

guess you could move it to the PF ... or even better ... NSFW ... :gaah:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess people think Dallas fans will be devastated if we lose this weekend. I won't be happy, but not going to be mad if we do.

I bet you will be if its on the heels of horrific officiating with numerous calls that impact the outcome. In fact, I hope it does play out that way so in listening to yours and every other Cowboys fans whining and crying you can be reminded that you didn't deserve to be in that game in the first place.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculating. 4th & 16 changes everything from a strategic standpoint. With 6 minutes to go and the trouble the Lions were having moving the ball, going for it there would have been a dumb move, imo. The defense probably changes to more press coverage and QB pressure... perhaps a blitz to force a quick throw. Missing puts the Lions nearly in FG range and potentially a 6 point lead, then the Boys absolutely would have had to go for a TD. We'll never know obviously. I don't think it makes sense to even go for it, though.

Frankly I'm surprised the NFL even admitted the missed hold. Why do that ? There are several missed holds every game. I think they're just reeling from all this.

Maybe it is a conspiracy to make Dallas look bad :happy:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you will be if its on the heels of horrific officiating with numerous calls that impact the outcome. In fact, I hope it does play out that way so in listening to yours and every other Cowboys fans whining and crying you can be reminded that you didn't deserve to be in that game in the first place.

Not my style. If you suck balls to the point that a play, a call, a missed call prior to the last drive of the game means you can't recover then your ass deserved to lose. Especially if we are already winning at the point the horrific call happens.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of the worst take back calls in history but u move on. it happens. NFL wanted this way. better ratings.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 points and 3 turnovers in the second half.

Hard for me to care about a non-call on a pass that hit the defender square in the numbers.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Cowboys definitely won the game. They deserved the win.

The calls by the refs were problematic though. They really handled it badly.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think they may have gotten their just due because of all the dirty crap Suh has done and got away with ????
I feel sorry for Megatron and Stafford, but supporting a dirty player makes you dirty too....
Pardon me, I just can't stand the sight of that guys name !!
Maybe next year the stigma won't be there....They're loaded with talent and deserve better..:nod:

So we strip the Ravens for the shit that Suggs and Reed did? I guess since it was your team it was just hard hitting old style football?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my style. If you suck balls to the point that a play, a call, a missed call prior to the last drive of the game means you can't recover then your ass deserved to lose. Especially if we are already winning at the point the horrific call happens.

Football is a game of momentum. Detroit had it, Dallas took it, and Detroit very well was about to take it back. Detroit having the ball deep in Dallas territory with less than 8 minutes left with a chance to go up two scores would have been huge.

It's over the NFL going on an Obamalike apology tour does nothing to make it right or change the feeling of a fanbase that has been down for decades. But IMO the calls did matter at that point but saying sorry is a pointless reminder of how poor your officiating was.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 points and 3 turnovers in the second half.

Hard for me to care about a non-call on a pass that hit the defender square in the numbers.

Smitty stop drinking the HATER-ade...:yahoo:

We all know u dont care for stafford. Im starting to sway your way. But i get to watch cutler every week so maybe thats why i dont complain TOO much. I hold the coaching staff accountable for the crappy last 2-3 qtrs. Everytime the lions get a lead, they go all super conservative. Not to mention the punt on 4th and 1. If up 4 or more, yeah punt. Up 3? Go for it.

Once again im not mad about missed calls

Im mad that a flag was thrown, announced, marked off, then reversed with no explanation. Now the NFL is coming out saying a call was missed on suh. Or a hold shouldve been called. That happens every week. Theyre trying to turn the attention off of a play that has NEVER happened before. Let alone in a playoff game in the 4th qtr on a 3rd down play.

But still. Horrible coaching. If u gonna PA pass on 3rd and 1 , u better go for it on 4th. They couldnt stop joique for a yd. shouldve put reggie and joique in. Had reggie fake a sweep and given joique the ball off tackle. 1 yd BOOM!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never for a second did I think we would win that game.

It was in Dallas and they don't suck total balls. We don't win in those situations. I get that most Lions fans were mad, but not me. That was a shit pass. And as a football fan, would've been a faggy call. That's not PI to me. Was some crazy shit how it just got erased though. Caldwell should've went fuckin berzerker. But instead he went Armando Galarraga. I fired him from my avatar for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never for a second did I think we would win that game.

It was in Dallas and they don't suck total balls. We don't win in those situations. I get that most Lions fans were mad, but not me. That was a shit pass. And as a football fan, would've been a faggy call. That's not PI to me. Was some crazy shit how it just got erased though. Caldwell should've went fuckin berzerker. But instead he went Armando Galarraga. I fired him from my avatar for it.

I actually thought we would beat them and get destroyed by seattle. Lions play good on turf. Dallas dee is suspect. We can stop the run. Witten was the one thing that scared me. We always have problems with TE's. And you kno im no lion homer. Ive had enough arguments with tpaul and his posse. But as i said. It was a play i have NEVER seen happen in 30+ yrs of watching football.

Thats funny. You fired caldwell....im gonna miss that intense looking photo of him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nfl has now come out and said the blew a call on the play prior to the 4th and 6 play. Detroit held witten and therefore the cowboys should have had a 1st down anyway. Cowboys beat the Lions fair and square