• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five reasons the Dallas Cowboys can't complain about Dez Bryant call

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and don't totally disagree, but if you watched the game, if you watched the Packers this year, if you watched the Cowboys, you had to know this one was essentially over. Really a shame, because I think there would have been 4:25 of great drama left, but instead we basically watched Green Bay milk the clock. Bummer.

I did watch the game...GB maybe 4 gms and DAL maybe 5 gms.

I get your point...the non catch was a major factor in the loss, but it's hard for me to say what the final result would've been even if it had not been overturned. Tough way to lose a game no doubt.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the game...GB maybe 4 gms and DAL maybe 5 gms.

I get your point...the non catch was a major factor in the loss, but it's hard for me to say what the final result would've been even if it had not been overturned. Tough way to lose a game no doubt.

and that is ... football ...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what was lost in the whole play, was the fact that it was a terrible playcall. Why are you doing a fade on 4th and 2 that you need to get to save your season? Why not a much higher percentage play??
Absolutely. You have probably the best oline in football, a RB who averages 5-6 yards every time he touches the ball, one of the better receiving TEs of modern times and you throw a 50/50 deep ball?

The Cowboys were good this year because they ran the football and controlled the clock. Garretts problem has always been falling in love with the passing game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. You have probably the best oline in football, a RB who averages 5-6 yards every time he touches the ball, one of the better receiving TEs of modern times and you throw a 50/50 deep ball?

The Cowboys were good this year because they ran the football and controlled the clock. Garretts problem has always been falling in love with the passing game.

Maybe you're right, but I will take Dez one on one for that play 10 out of 10 times. The Packers had the line stacked, had all the short routs covered. Dez makes plays like that all the time, he just should have pulled the ball into his chest and took what he could instead of stretching for the goal line. Bottom line the defense didn't get a stop in the final minutes, there where several factors to why they lost.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right, but I will take Dez one on one for that play 10 out of 10 times. The Packers had the line stacked, had all the short routs covered. Dez makes plays like that all the time, he just should have pulled the ball into his chest and took what he could instead of stretching for the goal line. Bottom line the defense didn't get a stop in the final minutes, there where several factors to why they lost.
Hindsight is 20/20. Pete Carroll took the advice of his kicker last year and ended up throwing a deep pass play to beat the Niners last year.

If Dez makes the amazing catch without Shields getting a finger on it then we all just kinda :noidea: and :clap:

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win and lose games not just QB's. Quit watching ESPN and listening to Skip bayless. Just saying.

Dude are you a troll, you have said this exact quote in like 5 threads now. Just saying...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line.

Dez should have come down with that ball and settled for possession.

Then they run Murray 2 or 3 times, go fo a 2 pt conversion. Give ball back to GB with less than 3 minutes left.

But you still have to stop GB.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20. Pete Carroll took the advice of his kicker last year and ended up throwing a deep pass play to beat the Niners last year.

If Dez makes the amazing catch without Shields getting a finger on it then we all just kinda :noidea: and :clap:

Running the ball in a 4th and got to have it situation against last year's 49er's team and this year Packer's team are two entirely different things. The only similarity between those two defenses is that they both play with 11 men on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys suck. Romo is the definition (outside of Dalton) of the #1 choke artist the NFL has ever seen. It required ridiculous BS calls last week for Romo to even get past the Lions.

Seattle/Green Bay is a better rating match up anyway. The NFL will be all over the fail mary even though the call was legit, and Seattle/Green Bay has quite a bit of playoff history.

Interesting timing to saying Romo is a choke artist. Have you watched him the last month plus including the two playoff games? Dallas and either Sea or GB would have been a bigger ratings draw than GB versus Sea

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised they don't structure a deal around when they think Romo will retire. Figure they will have a 1-2 year rebuilding period, and paying a top receiver probably wouldn't make sense. Give Bryant a nice 7 yr deal that means nothing with most of the pay next year. Then in year 3, a possible Romo retirement, and a Lower cap number means you can deal Bryant if you need to or restructure the deal with more years, more guaranteed money. He will probably see right around $30 mil in guarantees, but probably not much more.