• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Coaching "Search" Thread

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Scott is the next coach at Nebraska, must be true if ESPeNis is reporting it...

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man channel 8 is in need of people who know how to talk sports.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was.. am .. I like Frost hope he does real well just not to good yannno..
------
I get where you're coming from but you have to keep in mind a couple of things. Did Frost inherit a seasoned team when he came to UCF? OR was it a bunch of freshman & sophomores? Did he get to recruit two full years OR was it more like one year plus (as in very little the first year)?

And technically it doesn't make a tinkers damn. In two years he took a no win team and built it into a no loss team. Is UCF in the same kind of conference as Nebraska? Oh, hell no. BUT Frost has had two excellent mentors. Dr. Tom as his coach (and probably even as an advisor afterwards) & Chip Kelly as his HC and probably as an advisor afterwards.

Nebraska even now has IMO more talent than UCF--the key is a head coach as well as his assistants that can coach the players "up". Will Frost turn THIS program around as fast as he did @ UCF? I have no idea. Will he do it is short order? You bet. Will he give us what we haven't seen since he left as a player ( an NC)? of that I am confident.

Your wish/hope that we succeed/fail is based on what Florida is going though right now. Your biggest problem is that Florida has yet to realize that the past success cannot be translated into current success. Ergo you still rely far to much to people from the past......Spurrier and his minions--regents/donors that still think good ol' Steve knows what to do. Give Florida a HC that has proven success and things will turn around.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH...Im not sure frost was our it guy anyway.. another year or so at UCF may have really jetted his stock into space though.. I want sure who we should hire at first.. i liked frost but as was stated hes an up and coming coach with only 2 years under his belt and going home to Nebraska may be his next step and may do great things for yall.. While i personally think we got maybe our best fit foe us.. he isn't the flash hire but he's the right one.. call it intuition or whatever but my Gators will be back to contention in short order.. that im confident of.
-------
TBH Frost would have never taken the Florida SP legacy hanging over the Florida program anyway. Your program hasn't really learned it's lesson yet anyway

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------
I get where you're coming from but you have to keep in mind a couple of things. Did Frost inherit a seasoned team when he came to UCF? OR was it a bunch of freshman & sophomores? Did he get to recruit two full years OR was it more like one year plus (as in very little the first year)?

And technically it doesn't make a tinkers damn. In two years he took a no win team and built it into a no loss team. Is UCF in the same kind of conference as Nebraska? Oh, hell no. BUT Frost has had two excellent mentors. Dr. Tom as his coach (and probably even as an advisor afterwards) & Chip Kelly as his HC and probably as an advisor afterwards.

Nebraska even now has IMO more talent than UCF--the key is a head coach as well as his assistants that can coach the players "up". Will Frost turn THIS program around as fast as he did @ UCF? I have no idea. Will he do it is short order? You bet. Will he give us what we haven't seen since he left as a player ( an NC)? of that I am confident.

Your wish/hope that we succeed/fail is based on what Florida is going though right now. Your biggest problem is that Florida has yet to realize that the past success cannot be translated into current success. Ergo you still rely far to much to people from the past......Spurrier and his minions--regents/donors that still think good ol' Steve knows what to do. Give Florida a HC that has proven success and things will turn around.
We will have to agree to disagree on relying on the past though.. I expect my team to play for at minimum SEC CCG and a natty on a year in year out basis.. expectations are high.. as they should be .. if your not in it to win all the crystals dont bother then.. isnt that what you expect from your new coach.. all these folks saying that expectations are unreal need to gtfo of here.. i ecpect to win and win big .. that's what we pay these people to do.. I think we got the right coach. .. i believe we hit our rock bottom and up is the only way to go from here.. we will see.. just like yall

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree on relying on the past though.. I expect my team to play for at minimum SEC CCG and a natty on a year in year out basis.. expectations are high.. as they should be .. if your not in it to win all the crystals dont bother then.. isnt that what you expect from your new coach.. all these folks saying that expectations are unreal need to gtfo of here.. i ecpect to win and win big .. that's what we pay these people to do.. I think we got the right coach. .. i believe we hit our rock bottom and up is the only way to go from here.. we will see.. just like yall
----------
Well good luck as you haven't proven anything I said as untrue

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly what I’m telling you, twenty years later there’s still people that don’t like him over the Stanford bit, fans and players both. How is that funny

I was AT that game. The booing wasn't nearly as loud as people say. It really was the student section who started it.

No one around my entire section was booing. I got confused and had to ask my parents why. So if Scott's mom wants to go on believing there were only 10 people who didn't boo, but that really wasn't the case. I know she was probably joking, but that truly was not the case.

I don't know anyone who harbors ill will toward him outside of the LP incident, and I'm way past that nonsense. I've heard every damn rumor surrounding those two, and it sounds like childish high school bullshit.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Respect for that, because we're all told (especially at Nebraska) that we were spoiled and we shouldn't expect greatness.

Bunch of nonsense.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was AT that game. The booing wasn't nearly as loud as people say. It really was the student section who started it.

No one around my entire section was booing. I got confused and had to ask my parents why. So if Scott's mom wants to go on believing there were only 10 people who didn't boo, but that really wasn't the case. I know she was probably joking, but that truly was not the case.

I don't know anyone who harbors ill will toward him outside of the LP incident, and I'm way past that nonsense. I've heard every damn rumor surrounding those two, and it sounds like childish high school bullshit.
I was in the south part at the game back in 97 when we played CF ---- buuuuut I was off to have a smoke at the time

so I missed the booooo deal ---I guess

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was in the student section that day. Myself was not booing. But I can understand why they did boo the team. Nebraska was playing like shit and London had drove the field and scored. At the time I can say I wasn't a big fan of Frost but I was also 19 at the time. I was pissed at him for turning down Osborne and went to play for Walsh. If I had his talent and Osborne offered me a ship or even to walk on I would have done it in a heart beat. Plus the LP thing. However I let all the ill will go as the season went on, and I believe most Huskers fans have. Frost is one of us and I'll support him 100%. Moos made a fuckin 10 fuckin 10 of a higher. He understands what Nebraska is, he understands what the Husker fans demand, he understands the love we have for this program. I believe in Scott, I trust in Scott, and I have Faith in Scott as our coach.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. sitting just West of center in the South end zone about 45 rows up I remember because My mom caught a balloon, and later bought me a 95 national championship Pog set. I asked my Mom why the crowd was booing after we scored a TD and she didn't know. I was a 11, 32 now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. sitting just West of center in the South end zone about 45 rows up I remember because My mom caught a balloon, and later bought me a 95 national championship Pog set. I asked my Mom why the crowd was booing after we scored a TD and she didn't know. I was a 11, 32 now.

What game are you guys talking about?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game when the home crowd booed Scott.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a lot going on at that point, I wasn’t trying to paint Stanford into the corner but that was the kindling. There was the LP thing obviously but as I herd second hand is that if Scott “Sancho” Frost wasn’t there albeit the whole issue in itself LP would have killed her. Coming off the back of Brook Berringers death and this pre Madonna SF trying to replace a legend TF it was a touchy situation at the least