• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Coaching "Search" Thread

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny white knew what was going to happen when we lost to niu...

Seeing an undefeated ucf team not crack top 10.

It hurts when you see that college football is still a club that only allows certain teams to get in

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I honestly don't understand why you could schedule a power 5 team in your regular season schedule but not play them in a major bowl or even the national championship game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same deal Boise St always got when Peterson was there, and always will

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd have no problem letting one of these G5 teams into the playoff if they actually played someone in the regular season. Take UCF - had they beat Georgia Tech (the game canceled due to hurricane) and maybe replace FIU with someone like ASU or NCState or MichSt or TCU, anyone that ended the season with over a 500 record in a P5. Then their undefeated regular season might mean something. Until that happens and their schedule is nothing but the AAC and some weak P5 team such as Maryland, you aren't going to be a top 10 team.

From what i've seen, i pretty much agree with how the CFP committee slotted the rankings. White had a tweet about leaving USF off the list. who in the world did they beat? they lost to Houston and their best win out of conference was Illinois. quite the resume. same thing as UCF, replace their crappy OOC schedule with some 500 P5 schools and win those games then they deserve a top 25 rating, until then, you have no room to talk. Memphis at least beat UCLA, but their 2 other OOCs were cupcakes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I honestly don't understand why you could schedule a power 5 team in your regular season schedule but not play them in a major bowl or even the national championship game.

A New Years 6 bowl is a major bowl.
If we use the CFP rankings right now, that will leave Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Ohio St, Penn St, TCU, Stanford, and Washington as the pool of teams that will make up the rest of the New Years 6.
I'm hoping UCF wins their CCG, Frost is named Nebraska's next HC, but everybody agrees to let him coach their New Years 6 bowl. I'd love to watch a full strength, Frost led, UCF team play one of those.
It doesn't sound like Frost will be sticking around Orlando though. I could be wrong as Nebraska set a prior precedence and let pleeny corch his NC game at LSU.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. How would one explain why they voted otherwise?
According to the internet, since about the time FL announced Mullen, Scott wasn’t good enough and wasn’t really a contender :scratch:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC talked to Juco QB Terry Wilson today. Isn't he going to Kentucky? Honestly, the Scott Frost deal is getting the media types a little too excited.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC talked to Juco QB Terry Wilson today. Isn't he going to Kentucky? Honestly, the Scott Frost deal is getting the media types a little too excited.

He's not committed anywhere and is just warm at best to any offers out there to my knowledge. Huskers will be needing dual threat qb's if Frost is indeed the man.
Good to put a bug in Wilson's ear that he may have an opportunity here yet.

There is prior relationship with Wilson, Nebraska, and Frost.

Terry Wilson, Garden City C.C. , Dual-Threat Quarterback

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500x281

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, game is at 11:00 Central ends at 2 or 2:30....is scott not going to be in lincoln for the presser?

They're thinking not..... I'd imagine he'll get to Lincoln at some point soon thereafter. I'm hoping they'll have a presser on Sunday for crying out loud. That Scott Frost presser/introduction is going to have significant importance in setting the tone for the future.

Personally, I think they want to get the word out ASAP to help keep recruiting numbers steady and growing. They'll also need to quickly identify his assistants... Hopefully they keep the Williams' around along with Parella, but we'll see there.

I'm curious to see if he's going to leave UCF completely and have an interim coach the bowl game. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he dual-hatted as long as they were hitting recruiting HARD. I know he cares about his players at UCF and it would be classy on his part to see them through to the end and will pose a good picture for recruits in the future. That's what I think Nebraska will get out of it. If he just throws up deuces and leaves them hanging for the bowl, I don't think it'll do his pristine reputation any favors.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're thinking not..... I'd imagine he'll get to Lincoln at some point soon thereafter. I'm hoping they'll have a presser on Sunday for crying out loud. That Scott Frost presser/introduction is going to have significant importance in setting the tone for the future.

Personally, I think they want to get the word out ASAP to help keep recruiting numbers steady and growing. They'll also need to quickly identify his assistants... Hopefully they keep the Williams' around along with Parella, but we'll see there.

I'm curious to see if he's going to leave UCF completely and have an interim coach the bowl game. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he dual-hatted as long as they were hitting recruiting HARD. I know he cares about his players at UCF and it would be classy on his part to see them through to the end and will pose a good picture for recruits in the future. That's what I think Nebraska will get out of it. If he just throws up deuces and leaves them hanging for the bowl, I don't think it'll do his pristine reputation any favors.

I was thinking a statement on Saturday evening.

Then a full blown presser Sunday. shit..have it at the 50 yard line in memorial stadium and i bet 50k people would show up to watch it.

any chance UCF does him a solid and asks him to step aside from the bowl game

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moos informs us saturday officially. Press conference monday.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, I say Frost tells his UCF players right after the game. Moos would basically have to do the presser at that time otherwise UCF players will put it out on Twitter first.

Frost maybe shows up Sunday? He can get a staff together and get them to work. But then go back for bowl practices. Dead period from like Dec 18 - Jan 2nd so he can coach during that time imo.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, I say Frost tells his UCF players right after the game. Moos would basically have to do the presser at that time otherwise UCF players will put it out on Twitter first.

Frost maybe shows up Sunday? He can get a staff together and get them to work. But then go back for bowl practices. Dead period from like Dec 18 - Jan 2nd so he can coach during that time imo.

Wouldn’t he stay here and let his staff coach the bowl game?