• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Chattanoga game thread.......

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez threw for 116, and ran for 135 with 3 TDs and no turnovers. he's playing the same as he did last year when he was in the Heisman discussion. also note that ESPN mentioned him on their Heisman watch list after the game.

I wasn't implying he had a bad game, however he still does too much on his own and doesn't use the rest of our offense. A better D will shut that shit right down.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez was saved by some defensive pass interference calls. Most of his passes were low or behind people

there was one pass that sticks out in my mind as behind him. a couple more were low or at defenders...i am most worried about Kinnie. he is supposed to be our #1 receiver, and he had several drops, and one pass behind him that wasn't technically his fault, but being the top receiver he should make the catch. Martinez is never going to be Peyton Manning, but i think he will end up being a great player. we have to remember, he still has 3 years left (minus 1 game).

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers need the game reps too here, before they have finished running their routes TM has taken off running already

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers need the game reps too here, before they have finished running their routes TM has taken off running already

it all comes back to the o-line. at least in most situations, he stuck in the play as long as he could. it was definitely not like last year where he would get the snap and immediately take off.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying he had a bad game, however he still does too much on his own and doesn't use the rest of our offense. A better D will shut that shit right down.

i agree, but i do think he did a much better job of distributing the ball. if the offense does not improve by conference play, we will be in trouble. but how many first-time starters did we have on the field? i think we will see exponential improvement in a lot of players other than Martinez, and from that he will get them the ball a lot more.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no secret... im no fan of martinez... his passing still sucks.. completions come in spite of his ability, not because of it.. i will give him credit, he played his best game at nebraska as a qb...... not in the stat line... but the part that actually matters

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
martinez did not have his best as a husker...he threw into too much traffic, low passes, rushed and bad decisions.

no..obviously, the line didn't play well either.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well u see sir, we did not score on every snap... we did not get a dhut-out... we did not win by 70... therfore obviously the sky is falling, we wont have a winning season and cotton should be let go by midnight tonight....

ahh we are on the same page then. i thought you were mad because i complained about no husker power chant. i thought we played as well as should be expected today. i think we will improve very much in the next 3 games. for a lot of those players, it was their first D1 game. we have all the pieces, we just need to put them together.