• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G Thread 2017-2018

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, this is pretty amazing. Unless Maryland gets hot and slides into the top 50, Michigan State's only remaining game against a top 50 opponent is Purdue. If they lose to Purdue, they'll finish the regular season with only 1 top 50 win. Best thing about Michigan State's resume, outside of the UNC win, is that they don't have any bad losses. Maryland and Nebraska can't say that, but man, what an ugly year for a major conference.

Minnesota's off the court troubles really hurt the Big Ten this year.

The biggest issue with the B1G was the OOC scheduling, which was a direct result of the stupid ass commissioner playing the B1GT in MSG, and because of that it having to be a week earlier, and because of that, there being the need to play 2 conference games at the beginning of December. It was pretty much a systematic approach from the league this year to ease up the OOC schedule due to the 2 B1G games sandwiched in between, really only Ohio State and to an extent Purdue played a worthy OOC schedule. But I also don't think it's a coincidence they played a great opponent(at least RPI wise in the B1G/ACC challenge) and also played 3 quality opponents in their early season tournament. So really more so luck than anything they scheduled.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Nebraska they are projected to finish 4-4(according to Sagarin) and finish with an RPI in the 90's, so we'll see what happens. Also, it's pretty pathetic when they currently have an SOS of 92, play in a major conference, and will finish with a projected SOS of 102.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Nebraska they are projected to finish 4-4(according to Sagarin) and finish with an RPI in the 90's, so we'll see what happens. Also, it's pretty pathetic when they currently have an SOS of 92, play in a major conference, and will finish with a projected SOS of 102.

basically the tldr; version of our conversation is that the Big Ten isn't getting more than 4 teams in the NCAAT this year, unless something weird happens.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue with the B1G was the OOC scheduling, which was a direct result of the stupid ass commissioner playing the B1GT in MSG, and because of that it having to be a week earlier, and because of that, there being the need to play 2 conference games at the beginning of December. It was pretty much a systematic approach from the league this year to ease up the OOC schedule due to the 2 B1G games sandwiched in between, really only Ohio State and to an extent Purdue played a worthy OOC schedule. But I also don't think it's a coincidence they played a great opponent(at least RPI wise in the B1G/ACC challenge) and also played 3 quality opponents in their early season tournament. So really more so luck than anything they scheduled.

as an outsider, the entire Big Ten experiment with NYC looks like a complete disaster. Am I wrong?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as an outsider, the entire Big Ten experiment with NYC looks like a complete disaster. Am I wrong?
It's stupid as shit. Just play it in Chicago or Indy and call it good. Fuck is it gonna be in LA next year ? Maybe Mexico City?

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid as shit. Just play it in Chicago or Indy and call it good. Fuck is it gonna be in LA next year ? Maybe Mexico City?

lmao, its so weird that the Big Ten tournament is going to be played in DC and NYC before it even touches traditional Big Ten cities such as Milwaukee and Minneapolis.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Ohio State isn't a very good team when Bates-Diop goes to the bench. He was in foul trouble when PSU built that lead and he almost brought them back when he came in. Honestly Holtmann probably shouldn't have sat him that long.

As annoyed as I am by the loss. It took Penn State shooting out of their minds for it to happen. They were a 37% 3 point shooting team on the year and hit 11/14.....pretty much anything they hurled up was going in.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumbest shit ever. I would love for the B1GT to be in Milwaukee or Minneapolis, IF they ever wanted to move it from Indy and Chicago. But I'd be fine forever, with it rotating between those two cities.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As annoyed as I am by the loss. It took Penn State shooting out of their minds for it to happen. They were a 37% 3 point shooting team on the year and hit 11/14.....pretty much anything they hurled up was going in.

I would agree PSU shot it well, but Ohio State did very little to stop them. I only watched the 2nd half, but PSU got a lot of those looks that were open. And Carr got to his spot anytime he wanted.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G currently has 8 teams ranked in the 100's of the RPI. The ACC, Big 12, Big East, Pac 12 and SEC have a combined 9. Really speaks volumes to how bad the league is this year.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, its so weird that the Big Ten tournament is going to be played in DC and NYC before it even touches traditional Big Ten cities such as Milwaukee and Minneapolis.

I know it's not a traditional B1G city but if the tournament was ever held in Omaha (which it won't be) that arena would be filled nearly every game. Omaha, Lincoln and the surrounding area support sporting events like crazy. Look at the attendance for the B1G baseball tournament when it was here compared to when it is played in Minneapolis.

Women's Volleyball tournament breaks attendance records every time it is in Omaha.

For Christ's sake the Olympic Figure Skating trials sell out here.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not a traditional B1G city but if the tournament was ever held in Omaha (which it won't be) that arena would be filled nearly every game. Omaha, Lincoln and the surrounding area support sporting events like crazy. Look at the attendance for the B1G baseball tournament when it was here compared to when it is played in Minneapolis.

Women's Volleyball tournament breaks attendance records every time it is in Omaha.

For Christ's sake the Olympic Figure Skating trials sell out here.

Would this be at the CenturyLink Center? Is that different from where Creighton plays their home games? Just not familiar with that area?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think it'd be cool to rotate it through all B10 states. Chicago , Indy, Minneapolis , Des Moines, DC, Omaha, Cincinnati, Detroit, Philly, Milwaukee etc . The site is less relevant to me than fucking with the schedule is. Teams that make the NCAA tourney are going to have nearly 2 weeks between that game and the B10 tourney . That's just way too long

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this be at the CenturyLink Center? Is that different from where Creighton plays their home games? Just not familiar with that area?

Yes. CenturyLink where Crayton plays. It's also hosted the first round of the NCAA tournament a few times and is hosting the Midwest Regional of the tournament this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State AD Mark Hollis resigning. This is absolute huge news. Wow.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree PSU shot it well, but Ohio State did very little to stop them. I only watched the 2nd half, but PSU got a lot of those looks that were open. And Carr got to his spot anytime he wanted.

The 2nd half they got a lot of open looks. 1st half was a different story. They made their first 4 3s i think.....and all 4 were from NBA Range or Beyond with at least some sort of contention. Not the best defensive game we've played for sure. But it's hard to win when everything the other team shoots seems to go in.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd half they got a lot of open looks. 1st half was a different story. They made their first 4 3s i think.....and all 4 were from NBA Range or Beyond with at least some sort of contention. Not the best defensive game we've played for sure. But it's hard to win when everything the other team shoots seems to go in.

Not making excuses for Ohio State, Penn State simply played better from start to finish. PSU's 1st four buckets were 3's. And 5 of their 1st 6 buckets were from downtown.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really knock this loss to Purdue, but I am pissed about the Nebraska loss. That was the worst loss of the year.

indy1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heard today that after warm ups, three Penn State players shot from half-court. All three went in. They were hot from the start.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're overreacting a bit to that one game. They had a three game stretch vs all top 25 teams and they could've easily won all three of those games. After they win vs Rutgers in a couple games that will be six games in a row. The slow start was expected as they lost their entire starting five outside of Happ. They'll be fine and end up in the top 4 as they always do.

Is Wisconsin still Top 4 @Great Dayne ?